Okeydokey505 - another Bear gone.

I done some work for him several years ago, a really nice guy with a lovely family and a true Rangers man. He had made a fantastic ‘Rangers room’ with (if I recall correctly) many framed pictures, a blue pool table and bar.

May he rest in peace.

A very very familiar name on here and previous forums,so sorry to hear such sad news.

Condolences to family and all who knew him.

Really terrible news, read his most recent posts in the lounge over the last week or so. Poster l have known on here for years. Thoughts with his family and friends.

Thoughts with all your family and friends Fellow Bear.

Sad to see another long time poster pass. There are many other more important aspects to life, but I will hopefully be here to raise a glass to each and everyone of you when we win 55. WATP.

Im so sorry to hear this news .

Cant claim to Have known him well but i did meet him a couple of times to buy tickets off him .

A really nice guy and i remember both times i met him he had a daughter with him , obviously a family man as well as a rangers man.

A popular poster on this site, Okeydokey505 - Andy Strawhorn from Kilmarnock - lost his battle with cancer and passed away on Wednesday.
A lifelong bluenose and season ticket holder in the Sandy Jardine Rear, he played with the Rangers Boys Club in the early 70's. Andy was a regular in the Bellahouston Bowling Club prior to the games. The 505 in his username was a reference to his masonic lodge. The mark of the man can be seen in his last few posts when he was offering his thoughts and sympathy to SenoraCuellar even as his own life was ebbing away. Andy was just 60 years old and leaves a wife and two daughters. His funeral service is next Friday at 10.45am in St Andrew's & St Marnock's Parish Church and then on to Riccarton Cemetry.
Rest easy Andy, a special glass will be raised in your memory when we get our title back.
The GAOTU will be looking after him now. Rest in peace Brother.

Dreadful news.
One of those posters usernames that sticks in your head. A prominent poster on the board and he always enjoyed a good debate.

Sleep well, fellow bear

Very sad news indeed, condolences to friends and family.

And the very best to the other Bears currently involved in their own battles with that bastard disease.

Like so many I never met oakeydokey505 and didn't know his illness was as bad as it was
Despite his own battle his words of compassion,sympathy and encouragement for SC,showed the calibre and measure of him as man and human being.
Condolences and thoughts to Andy's family.
RIP fellow Bear.

Terrible news, sorry to hear of this.

Condolences to Andy’s family and friends.

Rest easy, fellow Bear.

Andy sat the seat behind me for many seasons in the Govan Rear as it was then. A great bear whose sense of humour was 2nd to none.

Some of his weekly sayings we still talk about now, he used to come to the games with his young daughter and he struck me as a great father, proper Rangers man and a real credit to his family.

Andy attended the follow follow golf outings and again was a brilliant laugh and great company on every one of the outings that I went on, that much so that I would try and swap to make sure I was out in his group.

I didn’t know he was sick and I really am gutted and so saddened to hear that he has passed away.

Rest in peace Andy, thoughts are with your family at this awful time.

So when all my life has ended
And when death has made it's mark
May you scatter all my ashes
On the slopes of Ibrox Park

And with the Angels I'll be singing
Up in heaven in the glen
I'll be happy and contented
When the Rangers win again
On my harp I will be playing
In the sky way up above
I'll be singing Follow Follow
To the Rangers that I love​

Thoughts are with his wife and family. Rest easy , a well known and regular poster on here.

A gut wrenching loss to us all. Had a few contretemps over the years but none that lost sight of our mutual love for Rangers or any that were of any consequence.
Sometimes it is unavoidable to say that I hope there are many of his calibre following behind to fill the gap he has left behind. This is such a time.
Ok, a few malts down, and a bit deflected but not overcome.

Heartfelt sympathies to all his family and friends, A good and compassionate man.

Last edited:
A popular poster on this site, Okeydokey505 - Andy Strawhorn from Kilmarnock - lost his battle with cancer and passed away on Wednesday.
A lifelong bluenose and season ticket holder in the Sandy Jardine Rear, he played with the Rangers Boys Club in the early 70's. Andy was a regular in the Bellahouston Bowling Club prior to the games. The 505 in his username was a reference to his masonic lodge. The mark of the man can be seen in his last few posts when he was offering his thoughts and sympathy to SenoraCuellar even as his own life was ebbing away. Andy was just 60 years old and leaves a wife and two daughters. His funeral service is next Friday at 10.45am in St Andrew's & St Marnock's Parish Church and then on to Riccarton Cemetry.
Rest easy Andy, a special glass will be raised in your memory when we get our title back.
RIP

sleep tight Brother

Heard about this tragedy from a friend across in Ballynahinch the other day.

Thoughts and condolences to family and friends.

RIP fellow Bear.

I only knew Andy through this board over the years.His supportive posts to SC when he was near passing himself marks the man and his humanity.I will always remember him very fondly as a truly top man who thought of others through personal adversity.RIP Andy you were a credit to the Rangers family.

Back