Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer

Really didn’t take long for the wheels to come off for him after penning his permanent contract. It’s always easier to come in and look when everyone loathed the previous boss and had downed tools. It seems to change though when the next permanent appointment is made.

I reckon he’ll be gone by Christmas. Of course they could still turn that game around (2-0 down to Everton) but I think all the signs are already there that this will be another failed appointment for United.

Players attitude at Man Utd is rotten. Managers constantly get the blame but so many of the same players keep letting the club down and getting away with it. I’d have Jones , Lingard , Martial , young and a few more out of there ASAP.

Said it many times a great club which has turned into a laughing stock and sinking far into mediocrity.

The owners don't care don't think they ever have been tbf.

Fucked up every managerial appointment since SAF left likewise had no long term plan before the retirement.

A squad bloated with bang average shite and poor players not one world class player within that team.

Shocking recruitment in the transfer market every single window it seems.

The Solskjaer appointment has already backfired everyone could see a mile off those players turned it on to avoid being axed in the summer the majority including the big money players like Pogba are a disgrace.

It was a stick on this would happen as soon as he signed the contract, there form would just disappear. It seems to happen so many times in football it's so predictable but not really sure why it happens.?

Pochettino was the man for them in 2016 when they appointed Jose, he was the man again for them this time. They keep making a total cunt of it.

This, every day of the week. Pochettino is everything a Man Utd manager should be. Twice the've missed out and unlikely to get another chance. They should have moved heaven and earth to appoint him.

It will take Man United at least a few windows to get the squad overhauled and in a place to be somewhat competitive. However that's dependant on them bringing in a top DoF with a strategy and a direction. Woodward seems reluctant to do that.

It's going to cost them a lot money to shift the deadweight as they've got a number of guys on big contracts. Sanchez being the obvious one.

Speaking to a Utd fan today and they are scunnered.

A lot of frustration stems from having players like Sanchez on almost half a million a week warm the bench and cnuts like Paul Pogba more interested in what shit hairstyle he can conjure up.

Found it bizarre though when he was telling that they would rather see City win the league over Liverpool. Can’t get my head around that at all.

Cant believe he got the job full time, players had clearly downed tools and were out to proof a point after Jose left. Going to leave themselves years and years behind the top sides in the league

Sky actually pretending they are a big deal when apart from maybe the 2nd position that Jose got, Man Utd haven't really done anything in the league since Fergie left them?

they need a complete clean out, players like Pogba have to be told to either concentrate on football or GTF

Point being made there on Sky by Neville listing the major clubs who have ageing squads and are rebuilding, this for me makes it even tougher for M.U as they will be competing with these same clubs for the players required. I should say it concerns me not one bit.

This is what happens when players get paid to much and lose the will to win.
They will feel bad after the result today but will probably go out tomorrow and buy a watch at £30k to cheer them up.

What was the stat i read during the Barca game midweek? Something along the lines of 4 of their back 5 from that game started a champions league game against Bilbao where they were put out 8 seasons ago. That along with their keeper being their best player since Fergie left just sums it all up.

Think it was Basel that was the team mentioned.
I know Young didn't play today, but having to rely on him, Jones and Smalling for all these years and you can see why they struggle

Was always going to go this way. A useless manager and the man who does the wheeling and dealing is so far out his depths its unreal - Ed Woodward.

The fact that they are giving Solskjaer the summer window is incredible. He will be gone by October as they will be miles behind in the league again and shitebags like Pogba will have downed tools.

I hope Manchester City smash them in midweek for a number of reasons

He’ll be gone by Christmas.

Crazy appointment. Man U should’ve waited until the end of the season rather than fold to the ‘oh but he’s a great guy and clearly a Man U man’ pish. Absolutely mental to give him the job full time when they had no need to.

He enjoyed a bounce on the back of the toxic Mourinho leaving. Now it’s all reverting to type.

Woodward will go with him.

If ever a club needed a Director of Football. Money’s been spent but with no clear vision or strategy. How in the name of arse can Man United be going into games with a defence like that? Seem to banking on Pogba sorting things out when there’s little evidence that he’s either capable or can be arsed. Serious money needing spent in midfield and defence but, possibly more importantly, some proper structures need to be in place behind the scenes.

He signed until the end of the season. I don't understand why Man Utd did not wait till then before giving him a longer term contract. Its not as if there was a cluster of other clubs after him.

Edited as I made an arse of it :))

Last edited:
I think after the dramatic away result at PSG which kept them in CL contention, coupled with their impressive turn around in form in the league, the ManU hierarchy were in a classic damned-if-you do-damned-if -you-don't situation. Clearly Solskjaer had brought about a dramatic transformation in the fortunes of the team, also the players were apparently said to be behind him - what could Woodward do? Especially as there was no certainty that Pocettino would want to leave Spurs, or perhaps be tempted to take over at Real if that job - obviously his first choice - became available as was rumored at the time.

More millions pissed away on a payoff. Stupid c*nts.

I’d be amazed if they’d put him on a contract that didn’t have some kind of damage limitation clause financially in the case they need to sack him.

If they’ve signed him up to a deal where they need to pay millions to sack him then hell mend them.

I think after the dramatic away result at PSG which kept them in CL contention, coupled with their impressive turn around in form in the league, the ManU hierarchy were in a classic damned-if-you do-damned-if -you-don't situation. Clearly Solskjaer had brought about a dramatic transformation in the fortunes of the team, also the players were apparently said to be behind him - what could Woodward do? Especially as there was no certainty that Pocettino would want to leave Spurs, or perhaps be tempted to take over at Real if that job - obviously his first choice - became available as was rumored at the time.

Easy. All Woodward had to do was stick to his guns and say the situation will be reviewed at the end of the season.

Absolutely no need for him to give OGS the job full time until that point.

Just seen an interview, he looked shellshocked, saying Man U players of yesteryear would run through walls for the club. The reporter asked if the present side do and he told him to ask them himself.
He said he can’t replace them all, but some will run and run for Utd.
I don’t think SAF would stand for that result.

I watched their game v west ham last week and they were lucky to win that. West ham had a good goal disallowed soft penalty awarded to utd class save from de gea and west ham hit the bar. As I've said the players are the issue not the manager

Easy. All Woodward had to do was stick to his guns and say the situation will be reviewed at the end of the season.

Absolutely no need for him to give OGS the job full time until that point.

he gave Solskjaer the job because his pals in the media were crying about him getting it. Any normal person would have waited until the end of the season

After Barcelona United fan phoned talk sport and said they needed 15 new players. Pundit laughed at him, pundit then admitted following morning he went though the squad and thought it was more like 18 they needed. They need rid of Pogba and Sanchez fast.

I honestly can’t stand Pogba, he was a disgrace in those games against Barca. He’s just a big primadona overpaid fanny who turns it on whenever he feels like it.

The archetypal modern day footballer, more interested in being a celebrity and mincing about in daft clothes with shite haircuts than actually maximising his ability.

Reminds me of Anelka.

Bit off topic. But how much of a waste of money has Alexis Sanchez been for Utd? Thank feck I have a soft spot for the gunners lol

Think they should have waited until the end of the season and burst the bank for pochettino however the manager isn't the main problem at that club. The squad needs gutted and you can see from the post match interview that ole knows it.

For me the likes of lukaku & pogba need to be out the door. Two big name players who cannot be relied on. Same with Sanchez. The likes of smalling, jones, young, fred, mctominay, rojo need to go, none are good enough for Utd. Martial is another who I think Utd could afford to lose, no consistency and looks a right lazy, sulky arsehole.

To be fair to ole the wheels came off when Herrera and Matic got injured and he brought lukaku back in. It killed the pace and energy they had been playing with.

Massive rebuilding job at Utd. It's a club that has completely lost its identity.

I honestly can’t stand Pogba, he was a disgrace in those games against Barca. He’s just a big primadona overpaid fanny who turns it on whenever he feels like it.

The archetypal modern day footballer, more interested in being a celebrity and mincing about in daft clothes with shite haircuts than actually maximising his ability.
Summed up to a tee.

Biggest wage bill in the league. He got them to play at an acceptable level for a while but they are still miles off it

Still hope they cuff city in midweek. the whole back 4 are stinking. They thought they won a watch in signing matic and sanchez, not so sure about that now

Bit off topic. But how much of a waste of money has Alexis Sanchez been for Utd? Thank feck I have a soft spot for the gunners lol

£400,000 a week or something to that affect but it doesn't help he didnt have a defined role plus the style of play was all wrong to suit his talents. Apparently there desperate to punt him but unless PSG came coming which won't happen he will sit tight on that ridiculous contract he was given.

Who knew that continually wittering on about phone calls to Sir Alex, Sir Alex doing this, Sir Alex doing that, Did I tell you Mick Phelan worked with Sir Alex, I scored in Barcelona so I know about this club, Did I tell you about the time Sir Alex signed me, even Becks and Giggsy worked hard you know...would only get you so far in the cut throat world of EPL management.

I bet Pochettino, Klopp and Pep are pissing themselves this guy is in charge. They don't have to worry about Man Utd for the forseeable.

Who knew that continually wittering on about phone calls to Sir Alex, Sir Alex doing this, Sir Alex doing that, Did I tell you Mick Phelan worked with Sir Alex, I scored in Barcelona so I know about this club, Did I tell you about the time Sir Alex signed me, even Becks and Giggsy worked hard you know...would only get you so far in the cut throat world of EPL management.

I bet Pochettino, Klopp and Pep are pissing themselves this guy is in charge. They don't have to worry about Man Utd for the forseeable.

Sir Alex still casts a huge shadow over that club, not his fault obviously, it’s just a result of the immense and sustained success he had over such a long period. It was always going to be that way once he left.

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing, but even prior to appointing Mourinho I said Pochettino was their man, and i don’t think that’s changed. No wonder they hate Ed Woodward.

Back