• Yes

Votes: 105 37.4%
  • No

Votes: 176 62.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelrod

Not an ITK poster by any means but heard a wee snippet we have sounded out Baines about possibly becoming our LB for next season . He’s 34 years old and out of contract in June .

Simple question bears , given that it’s almost certain Barasic will be sold on , Wallace will be away , we do need a left back of proven ability . We have Flanagan for cover at both RB and LB.

Would you take Baines on a free ?

On low wages, absolutely.

Far better value for money out there if he wants a decent amount though

No big question marks over his fitness for me. Saw him recently and he looked to have lost his pace and he looked very slow.

Avoid.

Not an ITK poster by any means but heard a wee snippet we have sounded out Baines about possibly becoming our LB for next season . He’s 34 years old and out of contract in June .

Simple question bears , given that it’s almost certain Barasic will be sold on , Wallace will be away , we do need a left back of proven ability . We have Flanagan for cover at both RB and LB.

Where have you heard Barasic is finished?

More idle speculation

I never said finished .

I said I think it’s almost certain he will be sold on .

It’s not idle speculation , the manager isn’t happy with him . Take that to the bank .

He isn't striking me as a Gerrard type player. His attitude and application have truthfully both been suspect for some time. We can all see it.

Baines is definitely someone I could see our gaffer loving in his squad.

If he's fully fit, and if he doesn't break our wage structure and cost us an arm and a leg, I'd trust our gaffer's judgement on this one.

So if Gerrard wants him, I'm in

He isn't striking me as a Gerrard type player. His attitude and application have truthfully both been suspect for some time. We can all see it.

Baines is definitely someone I could see our gafferloving in his squad.

If he's fully fit. If he doesn't break our wage structure and cost us an arm and a leg, I'd trust our gaffer's judfement in this one.

So if Gerrard wans him, I'm in

I’d very much agree with you .

Huge question marks over fitness for me,the Portuguese lad we were linked with sounded a lot more suited.
I should say though,I wouldn't be giving up easily on a Croatian International after one solitary season-unless his commitment is severely lacking that is,which may well be the case or not.

He’s well done is he not?

Should we sign Davis on a permanent deal / try and cancel Devoe’s Loan

One or two older players is fine but it shouldn’t be the default. Baines has had injury problems and I don’t think we should be taking the risk especially when our transfer funds have to be spent wisely.

The hustle nd bustle of the SPFL would retire him metaphorically and figuratively.

These old EPL guys can’t handle the level of pressure and intensity.

There will be teams in England still prepared to pay £50k p/w upwards, don’t see us spending big wages on a position that is not a priority

In what world is this the case?

Never ceases to amaze how people just say things on the Internet and it becomes instant fact

Interesting quite split on the vote , expected maybe more in favour . Can understand the slight reservations of some . But the experienced guys Gerrard has signed , three out of four have done and continue to do well, Mcgregor , Davis (now) and Defoe , with only big Macauley not working out.

Banes is only 34 so it could well work .

There has been no bigger supporter of Barisic than me. However, I think sadly that it's becoming very clear that he will more than likely depart in the summer.
As for Baines, it's a maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back