New national manager?

Edmond Dantes

Curious who people think will take over the National team? in this state, total shambles. Went on odds checker and even Murty was getting thrown about.

Tin hat on, but I think the job is ideal for Derek McInnes.

Would get them organised and winning the games they're expected to.

Whether he'd take it is debatable - he's happy in his safety zone at Aberdeen.

It may well be a quicker route to a decent job in England.

Think some sheep fans starting to turn on him. Scotland game might suit him, could still base himself in the north east

The dream team of Kenny Dalgleish with assistant John Barnes

Think Stevie Clark blew his chances after his outburst, would probably suggest either McInnes or Levein for the job.

Give it to souness. We would have a headline everyday:oops:

But knowing the SFA they’ll ask chesney back even though what’s came out his mouth about Johnstone. Bilic is interested but he’s interested in every joab that comes up.

Poisoned chalice. Any manager with credentials should run a mile from it.

The dream team of Kenny Dalgleish with assistant John Barnes

Think Stevie Clark blew his chances after his outburst, would probably suggest either McInnes or Levein for the job.

I don’t see Levein getting the job again unless it’s a Hearts type scenario where he’s picking who gets it.

Slavan Bilic would be great. Someone totally independent, fresh pair of eyes & ideas, no allegiancies etc.

Players would play for someone like him too. They’re as much to blame as McLeish for half arsing it lately.

No faith in the SFA to make a good appointment though.

Scott Gemmill for me. Can't see anyone in the SPL wanting to take the risk. So it's either someone towards the end of their career or someone already involved in the Scottish set-up. Gemmill's done OK where he is and should be able to develop better transition for the younger players.

I'm desperate to get interested in the team again. SFA have made a meal of it for years now. Totally jaded.

Bilic would get the tail wagging. We need someone who can take a look at every player with a fresh set of eyes.

Clarke is a fucking numpty, and far too thin skinned to take on that job.

He’d be crying into his pint of vodka when the media start ripping into him for the usual humpings dished out to the national team.

Expect a low cost option . We couldn’t or wouldn’t pay O’Neill what he asked for , he would’ve been ideal .

Given that , and the payoff now to Mcleish, it’s a stick on to be Gemmill or someone of that ilk .

Depressing doesn’t cover it .

Really don't give a flying feck !

Cant bring myself to support any SFA initiative, inlcuding the national team which, incidentally, I used to love watching in the 70's and 80's.

Alladyce is half Scottish and has a motive to succeed after the way the FA treated him, in his eyes

If rumours are to be believed then it's a big wage drop for him.

So highly unlikely.

Back