Morelos and Herrera Front Pairing?

Albertz Was King

Surely this weekend we finally see from the start a Morelos and Herrera partnership as the front two?

Miller has racked up 257 minutes of league football and hasn't scored a single goal.

Morelos has 3 league goals in only 162 minutes while Herrera has 1 in 156 minutes.

The numbers don't lie.

Miller is a hinderance to how we play, would play any of our strikers ahead of him tbh but it should definitely be Herrera who gets the nod this weekend.

I would also like to see a front two of Morelos and Herrera, just to see what kind of partnership they can have, I think they would compliment each other very well!

If we are going two up top and both Morelos and Herrera are fit, then that should be the front two with Miller sitting on the bench.

No brainer for me.

Herrera off the mark with a controlled finish at Dingwall, Morelos doing the business.

Not for me

Miller retains the jersey. He and Morelos are our two best options. Especially with an OF game coming

Playing two strikers means no Pena

I'd rather Pena played off the front man let's see what he can do

Morelos is first pick striker

I'd drop Miller, yes. But I don't see that happening soon, despite the fact that if Morelos and Herrera (or Morelos and one other) are the future then they'll need plenty of competitive game time to build a partnership.

Personally, I'd like to see us have an extra man in midfield and play Morelos as the sole forward. I don't see this as a defensive measure, I just think it would give us a better base to build from and allow more players to get into the box.

I'd like to see Morelos and Hererra start but Miller seems to be undroppable for Pedro.

I'd also be happy to see Pena getting a chance behind Morelos as a lone striker.
Pena although maybe not up to speed has shown he is willing to run in behind

Pena could maybe get the home game v Dundee, but certainly too early for someone not match fit to be starting v Celtic.

Most would like to see Herrera and Morelos, would be quite shocked if Miller was dropped. Certainly don't see Pena coming in and playing behind Morelos

I've got to say I'd prefer to see Miller's role become more of a sub one now.

His over-eagerness to get involved with play looks to have seem him no longer able to stick to playing the position he is meant to be in, he wanders all over the field and often leaves the side un-balanced. It reminds me of a young kid just looking to get involved. I understand why he did it at times last year, due to frustration that we couldn't get the ball up to him, but there isn't an excuse for still doing it this season when we have the quality to get the ball to the front men, and ultimately it's becoming a problem as it leaves whoever is meant to be partnering him, cutting a lonely figure up top and with a much harder job to do.

Surely this weekend we finally see from the start a Morelos and Herrera partnership as the front two?

Miller has racked up 257 minutes of league football and hasn't scored a single goal.

Morelos has 3 league goals in only 162 minutes while Herrera has 1 in 156 minutes.

The numbers don't lie.
They should be but Pedro does not not want to cross Miller he is what jig was to Ally and look what happened there.

I think this will eventually be our pairing. But I can't help feel that Miller will feature until at least Christmas.

I'd go with Morelos & Herrera against Dundee.Home game against a team that's struggling.Lets get 2 up top and take the game to them.

Herrera looks accomplished enough and he's the future, as is Morelos. I'd rather see these two starting and Miller starting to play a lesser role. That said Miller does a power of work at times and seems to have the knack against the Earl Haigs.

I'd also be happy to see Pena getting a chance behind Morelos as a lone striker.
Pena although maybe not up to speed has shown he is willing to run in behind

This is what I'm most intrigued to see. Hopefully big Carlos has been bursting a bollock during the international break to get himself up to speed for this next run of games.

I'd like us to get used to a system with three in midfield as we'll need to adopt it against the better sides in the league.

Morelos up front with Dorrans, Pena and Windass around him

I would like to see Morelos and Herrera upfront but they notice take Miller's place by proving they are better than him and that hasn't happened yet in Herrera case anyway.

Nearly every bear I speak to or see on here thinks Miller is playing out of position and causes the team problems. Don't understand why Pedro persists in making him the first name on the team sheet.

Let's be honest, we are starting Miller in the old firm, can't trust Herrera in such a big game yet, he has done little to show his worth "yet"

Yes, I would very much like to see them get a run out together on Saturday as they will hopefully be our main pairing going forward, even beyond this season if all goes well.

Playing two strikers means no Pena

I'd rather Pena played off the front man let's see what he can do

Morelos is first pick striker

Apparently that's not Pena's position, usually sits deeper and makes the late runs forward rather than playing further forward.

Against Dundee, no reason why we can't go with Herrera and Morelos, if they do well in the next couple of games together it sets them up nicely for the OF match

Need to get back to one up front and five in midfield. 442 is asking for trouble especially in the trickier matches

Not for me

Miller retains the jersey. He and Morelos are our two best options. Especially with an OF game coming

I was going to agree with the op, to a degree, but I see where you're coming from.
That said, there'd be nothing wrong with dropping Miller for the next two games then bringing him back for the septic, not the OF, game.

The numbers don't lie.
I quite liked the pairing of Pena and morelas once pena is match fit a think they both will run riot with their pace

The numbers don't lie.

As much as I can see you're rationale re Miller, there is another option that I'd like to try and that's Pena in behind Morelos.
More so, if we have decent width.
I believe we need that position, plus the width, to break down packed defences.
We don't face this tactic when playing the scum so I'd consider bringing Miller back for that one.

I suspect Miller wields a bit more power than probably benefits the team.
I think this also , also think Wallace falls into the same category so it'll be interesting to see where Declan fits into this equation of ours, more cover for millers position though so he should be a sub

I think this also , also think Wallace falls into the same category so it'll be interesting to see where Declan fits into this equation of ours, more cover for millers position though so he should be a sub
I c ur mention of declan john can u tell me if he is 2 footed cause i think we miss tjat with wallace on the left

Back