Peter Martin

bluedevil

What's the story with this cretin, does he hate us?. He has a face of hate, just watched the programme from last night on YouTube.
How is he perceived by the Rangers Fans?..........

No doubt one of them - but, there are worse haters than him.

The man who coined the phrase "the helicopters turning back" on one of the greatest days of my life. Listen to his commentary on that day and on loads of our Euro games. You would think it was his team that won.

I remember Wee John Robertson outing him on Scot FM when they did a fone in show,

Robbo not only gave his real name but produced his membership card for some CSC in Motherwell. PM was not too happy.

There's something beautiful about such a bitter, bitter Tim having to put so much effort into his famous commentary when the helicopter changed direction. :)

This is an abbreviated extract from an old post on another forum.

Peter Martin's real name is Peter McGuire from Newarthill in Lanarkshire and he used to be the front man for the "Celtic Road Shows" that promoted the club throughout Scotland and Ireland. This was a marketing project instigated by the then Celtic PR director Paul Cooney.

It is understood that he was an ex-convener of the Carfin Hibernians CSC and he used to be chairman of a Bhoys Youth Club in Newarthill which was funded partly by his "celebrity" pals holding Q&A nights in the AOH club. This was quite a big outfit with 4 or 5 teams at various levels. They were called "The Newarthill Lions" known locally as "The Lions" and were kitted out in green and white hoops.

When Paul Cooney moved to Radio Clyde he offered McGuire a job and it is thought that he suggested he changed his name to cover his previous links. Ever since then he has used his positions on radio and in the press (the Evening Times) to promote them and denigrate us at every opportunity.

Now you know his background you can make your own mind up about his character. A mdingwall says above - An Arsehole.

Total scumbag that hate hates us with a passion. He doesn't even try to hide it. Deplorable journalist.

A mentally challenged who is as tall as he is wide.

However definitely much worse that him with more prominent media positions

I chose to ignore this kind of person, any man who changed his name to get on in life is no man at all.

This is an abbreviated extract from an old post on another forum.

Peter Martin's real name is Peter McGuire from Newarthill in Lanarkshire and he used to be the front man for the "Celtic Road Shows" that promoted the club throughout Scotland and Ireland. This was a marketing project instigated by the then Celtic PR director Paul Cooney.

It is understood that he was an ex-convener of the Carfin Hibernians CSC and he used to be chairman of a Bhoys Youth Club in Newarthill which was funded partly by his "celebrity" pals holding Q&A nights in the AOH club. This was quite a big outfit with 4 or 5 teams at various levels. They were called "The Newarthill Lions" known locally as "The Lions" and were kitted out in green and white hoops.

When Paul Cooney moved to Radio Clyde he offered McGuire a job and it is thought that he suggested he changed his name to cover his previous links. Ever since then he has used his positions on radio and in the press (the Evening Times) to promote them and denigrate us at every opportunity.

Now you know his background you can make your own mind up about his character. A mdingwall says above - An Arsehole.

Knew he was from Newarthill with the fake name. Never heard of the Newarthill Lions stayed in Newarthill for 30 year never heard that one before.

What's the story with this cretin, does he hate us?. He has a face of hate, just watched the programme from last night on YouTube.
How is he perceived by the Rangers Fans?..........
Not sure if serious........o_O

Was at a charity doo before where he was the compère... was actually quite a funny guy with decent (non-football related) patter. Definitely supports them though and doesn't try to hide it.

Another bawbag on a par with Sutton and the corduroy cowboy

Knew he was from Newarthill with the fake name. Never heard of the Newarthill Lions stayed in Newarthill for 30 year never heard that one before.

As I said in my post that was taken from a post in 2007 on another forum so I am not sure how accurate it is but the name change certainly seems to be borne out by Talktalk's post re John Robertson outing him on a radio phone in show on Scot FM.

A thoroughly bitter bitter man, who, if he could just concentrate on being fair and impartial, is actually a more than decent commentator. Will never forget his commentary on helicopter Sunday!

Back