Votes: 464 68.5%
  • The Rangers

Votes: 160 23.6%
  • Glasgow Rangers

Votes: 53 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mainstandbear

Whats everyone's choice when referring to the club? My own personal choice is The Rangers and dont particularly see the need for Glasgow to be included as people should know who we are you wouldn't get a London Tottenham Hotspur or Liverpool Everton for example.

All three for me when I think about it . Couldn’t pick just one .

I know some don’t like Glasgow Rangers but I kind of do especially when it’s a European draw and it comes up on the screen “ FC Rangers De Glasgow “

I use “teddy berrs” a lot as well

Anyone who refers to themselves as a Hun/fellow Hun are just as bad as those who call us Sevco.

In answer to the question, I say Rangers when talking about us, but The Rangers when singing.
Occasionally use Glasgow Rangers when speaking to foreigners on holiday.

Whats everyone's choice when referring to the club? My own personal choice is The Rangers and dont particularly see the need for Glasgow to be included as people should know who we are you wouldn't get a London Tottenham Hotspur or Liverpool Everton for example.
I tend to say the rangers mostly aswel but use all 3 and the famous

Rangers for me, but usually have to confirm with Glasgow Rangers when abroad.

I have a reprint of and old Rangers book, can't remember which one, and every club is written as The so and so club, except results and tables.

Rangers for me although most of the time when discussing us I tend to put a “the” in there which has come natural. If someone asks who I support it’s always “Rangers”

All three for me when I think about it . Couldn’t pick just one .

I know some don’t like Glasgow Rangers but I kind of do especially when it’s a European draw and it comes up on the screen “ FC Rangers De Glasgow “

I use “teddy berrs” a lot as well

I have never once seen us called FC Rangers De Glasgow.

Depends on the context mostly just Rangers but have used the other 2 at times,Even used Gers,The Gers and even a few others.

Tottenham & Everton are both actual places though.

Rangers for me.

I’m not overly precious. As a Glasgow lad I’d always viewed them as Glasgow Rangers. But don’t really think too much on it.

The Glasgow Rangers the Teddy Bears.
We are Rangers, Super Rangers.
Come on the Rangers.
For %^*& sakes Rangers.

All of the above for me :D !

The only one I think I’ve never used is “ honey perrs” I’ve never understood that one or liked it seems a bit weird :D

Rangers for me, unless I'm abroad. I've lost count of the number of times folk have asked where I'm from, and when I say Glasgow, the response is always "ah! Glasgow Rangers!". Ended up speaking to a couple of boys in Ghent about Thomas Buffel for a while when I stopped them to ask for directions.

Im one of them “going to see The Rangers” yet “I’m a Rangers fan” types.

OPs right though, no need for the glasgow bit. People dont say “Turin Juventus”!

Rangers for me, unless I'm abroad. I've lost count of the number of times folk have asked where I'm from, and when I say Glasgow, the response is always "ah! Glasgow Rangers!". Ended up speaking to a couple of boys in Ghent about Thomas Buffel for a while when I stopped them to ask for directions.

I'm unfortunate in that being from Johnstone I get a great amount of English people on holiday ask why I don't support St Johnstone. I suppose it's quite a reasonable question.

I like all three, any chance to say Rangers is fine by me.
The one I use most is just Rangers. Everyone should understand there’s only one Rangers that mean anything.

Back