Sky Speculating that women’s coach Emma Hayes could take over from Sarri

It would take an absolute wonder women to maintain control a dressing room full of male egos.

You can say its wrong in this day and age but its just the way it is.
True - taking the example of the keeper that refused to be subbed in the league cup final. You’d think having a female coach would exacerbate such an attitude.

That being said, the social media backlash for that goalie would be somewhat different had he disrespected a female coach

:D

Guess if the transfer ban is in place, the realisation you won’t win a title for a few years, then the publicity alone might be worth it...

Hahahahaha. They were speaking about this on the Sunday supplement and they were saying she deserves an interview.

In what world is she qualified for a job like that, imagine the outcry if a man from league 2 got the job.

Absolute politically correct bullshit, wish they’d stop forcing this pish on us.

I can see this happening. Chelsea have gone through a lot of internal restructuring and reorganisation lately partly to distance themselves from the perception people have of their fans. Appointing a female manager would show them to be a very progressive, modern club.

I heard her on the Debate the other day and she was quite impressive, but this is beyond the realms of possibility.

HeftyMinorBluet-size_restricted.gif

If she's good enough, then fair enough (I've no idea if she is, as I'd never heard of her before opening this post).

It won't happen no way would a female command a dressing room full of multi millionaire footballers with big egos and it would be a disaster.

Why not? What if a woman out there is a tactical genius? Teams would be missing out on an untapped market. It’s not like she has to play the game - there’s female CEOs and business leaders everywhere now. I see no reason why we can’t have women as head coaches in football.

There was a woman who managed a team in Italy a while ago, yeah?

There's very little reason in theory it couldn't work. In practice, she wouldn't get the respect she needs from the players.

The Chelsea banter years

What would happen when it’s shower time and the cocks are out. Will she want players fined for making her feel uncomfortable etc?

Personally women should stay within women’s football as she wouldn’t have a clue what to do when it comes to getting flak from 40k punters

Hahahahaha. They were speaking about this on the Sunday supplement and they were saying she deserves an interview.

In what world is she qualified for a job like that, imagine the outcry if a man from league 2 got the job.

Absolute politically correct bullshit, wish they’d stop forcing this pish on us.

Is it not just the case that Chelsea have went through every male manager in existence?

Some very successful male coaches or managers didn't play the game at a high level.

Anyway it's blether from a chat show. If anyone really thinks she'll get the job they should approach their nearest bookmaker.

Managers are overrated anyway.

Chelsea pay so much money for players that anyone could manage them and they’d still be comfortable in the EPL.

There's nothing to say a woman can't be a great football coach one day, I don't really buy into the theory that a woman can't gain the respect of a bunch of guys as there are plenty of male dominated workforces successfully managed by women. One of the best managers I've had in my career was a woman.

I think for her to be accepted though, she needs to follow the same path as most other young managers and work her way up through the mens game. She doesn't have the experience to manage a Championship side yet never mind a team that expects to be around the top 4 in the EPL.

Last edited:
There was a woman who managed a team in Italy a while ago, yeah?

There's very little reason in theory it couldn't work. In practice, she wouldn't get the respect she needs from the players.
I dont see why not. My rolemodels are women, my mother, gran, aunties and so on. I was always taught to respect woman as im sure most of us were. I know this is a different siruation but i dont see why it couldnt work

Why not? What if a woman out there is a tactical genius? Teams would be missing out on an untapped market. It’s not like she has to play the game - there’s female CEOs and business leaders everywhere now. I see no reason why we can’t have women as head coaches in football.

Women's football is generally viewed as being dreadful. Awful standard and next to no crowds. If the Chelsea players know they can get away with chucking it under the likes of Mourinho and Sarri why would they behave any differently under a woman?

A clearout of the egos within the squad is what's needed at Chelsea (when their transfer ban is lifted), not a political correctness and publicity box-ticking exercise.

No decent manager would want to work for chelsea they’re a shambles they’ll be well and truely fucked when hazard fucks off

See there's potentially going to be a woman F1 driver soon as well.

They're taking over the world I tells ya :))

F1 I can understand, if she's fast enough crack on.

An intrinsic issue though 11 males taking instruction from 1 female.

Granted it happens in other walks of life but she'd need balls of steel plus be an absolute coaching demi god to maintain any sort of respect

Back