Sky Speculating that women’s coach Emma Hayes could take over from Sarri

Women's football is generally viewed as being dreadful. Awful standard and next to no crowds. If the Chelsea players know they can get away with chucking it under the likes of Mourinho and Sarri why would they behave any differently under a woman?

A clearout of the egos within the squad is what's needed at Chelsea (when their transfer ban is lifted), not a political correctness and publicity box-ticking exercise.
Maybe Roman’s been playing away from home again and it’s less expensive than another divorce?

Surely some League 2 team will do this at some point
Partly to simply gain some media exposure etc

Why not? What if a woman out there is a tactical genius? Teams would be missing out on an untapped market. It’s not like she has to play the game - there’s female CEOs and business leaders everywhere now. I see no reason why we can’t have women as head coaches in football.
It's a market inefficiency. At some point in time, some smart team will take the gamble and it'll pay off. Might not be the first or second female head coach hired, but it will happen eventually.

It's the same as cross-border Bosmans and taking advantage of work-permit loopholes. Smart, clever football clubs spot market inefficiencies and exploit them.

The real question is...I prefer men or I still prefer men?

Header_1693292_16.9-1024x576.jpg

She's got the look of one of those types of birds that most people would know from their late teens/early twenties who was mates with all the guys, none of whom ever really found her attractive but all ended up shagging her when they were pished at some point.

I agree with Rob Draper, in that it may be too soon for someone to make a move like this. But I think it'll happen eventually. Its completely logical that women can manage other people as well as men, and it s obvious that football knowledge isn't dictated by gender.

Those of you saying no on the grounds a woman cant manage a men's team, can %^*& off and try to find some sensible realistic thought!

I'll also claim now that in years to come women WILL apply for men's team management jobs and the number of women doing so will be larger then BAME applicants. All this Woe is me "they don't give us BAME guys a chance" stuff will be shown up for the sham it is. that's not racist by the way, that's acknowledgement of the fact that whiners like something to whine about... like women working football for example!

She's got the look of one of those types of birds that most people would know from their late teens/early twenties who was mates with all the guys, none of whom ever really found her attractive but all ended up shagging her when they were pished at some point.
Haha, totally.

Possibly just not good pictures but has ‘Emma’ always been an ‘Emma’ or was she once ‘Big Tam’?

Why not? What if a woman out there is a tactical genius? Teams would be missing out on an untapped market. It’s not like she has to play the game - there’s female CEOs and business leaders everywhere now. I see no reason why we can’t have women as head coaches in football.

In most businesses I'd agree with you that a woman would every right to have that top role and manage a team made up of only men, but whether it's correct or not...football is different.

No matter what your opinion on the woman in questions skills, or whether you think she deserves it/is capable, she's going to struggle to control a room of male egos who could easily turn on her and blame her for their own failures.

They could get the full house if they added race and sexuality for it.

Chelsea a club that's fully inclusive.

Jesus this thread is depressing.

Personally I would love to see it happen purely to watch some people implode with rage. The fact remains there is NO reason a women can’t manage a dressing room of men. It has already happened in Scotland with Stirling Uni.

The real question, as always with ANY manager, is can they manage the egos and translate their game plan to be implemented correctly. That has nothing to do with being a women or a man, that is simply your ability as a coach and a leader.

For what it’s worth, if there are people who can’t take instruction from a women who is your manager, that says a hell of a lot more about you than the women.

There was a woman who managed a team in Italy a while ago, yeah?

There's very little reason in theory it couldn't work. In practice, she wouldn't get the respect she needs from the players.

Shelley Kerr was the manager of Lowland League team Stirling University before becoming Scotland Women's Team manger

Good luck to her if offered the chance but it might be huge risk for both parties

She’s just had a child so I can’t see her going abroad in the Women’s game. Barcelona would be a good challenge for Hayes with them missing out on the CL but she has already taken Chelsea to a whisker of the final against the eventual winners.

Likely she will now want to make the change to male football. She won’t get a step in for the Women’s game in the UK, there are only sideways moves left.

She’s just had a child so I can’t see her going abroad in the Women’s game. Barcelona would be a good challenge for Hayes with them missing out on the CL but she has already taken Chelsea to a whisker of the final against the eventual winners.

Likely she will now want to make the change to male football. She won’t get a step in for the Women’s game in the UK, there are only sideways moves left.

She had her child 1 year ago, was expecting twins but the other one never made it sadly.

In this day and age I am sure things can be sorted out to balance between work and personal life,

But this a huge challenge for her if did happen

Not sure that will happen
I am sure about this. Absolutely no fucking chance is she getting the Chelsea gig.

But purely due to her lack of experience and not what any pc, womens rights campaigners, left wing activists or testosterone deficient men may say.

Obviously...

Going from her picture she looks exactly the kind who could sort out that dressing room.

I mean would you leave your orange peels on the floor at half time with her around?

I'll be all for it once both men and women are playing the game together beyond the age of eleven.

Men coach in the women's game, so not dissimilar to that.

I'd like a team to give it a go and see what happens, but as open minded as I am, I wouldn't want Rangers to be the Guinea Pig

The Chelsea banter years

What would happen when it’s shower time and the cocks are out. Will she want players fined for making her feel uncomfortable etc?

Personally women should stay within women’s football as she wouldn’t have a clue what to do when it comes to getting flak from 40k punters
She could do a Tony pulis and shower with the players. I'm sure there would be less opposition to that.

Reactions: TQ3
She is fucking dreadful on that debate show. Rattles off the usual cliche nonsense and you can clearly tell she’s not done her homework.

Please appoint her Chelsea :D

Genius from Chelsea. The players will be wanting to pump her so she will have them wrapped round her little finger and she will have them terrified to even breath too loud at the time of the month.

I heard her on the Debate the other day and she was quite impressive, but this is beyond the realms of possibility.

I can talk a good job, probably sound convincing for almost anything. Doing the job? that's another matter all together

This is about her suitability for the job, not her gender. My 32 year old younger daughter has already spent several years managing/leading 250-300 men in a tough industrial environment with no problem at all. Partly/mostly because she knows her stuff, partly because she is a good leader.

Don't see where this woman would have got the experience to lead Chelsea

Wasn’t this a tv show a while back or am I thinking about dream team? That woman that’s in Corrie now or is my mind playing tricks on me again

Reckon Shelley Kerr could get a club job in the men's game up here one day, she's a cracking coach and did well with Stirling Uni - now has Scotland at the World Cup.

Back