Blackburn friendly

theweeman

Official Ticketer
Hearing down here (I live about a mile from Ewood Park) that this is now confirmed for weekend of July 20th at Ibrox.

Anyone else heard similar?

Don't know myself but would've thought they would have done a Friday night one after success of the Bury one.

One of 4 friendlies at Ibrox

July 7 Oxford
July 14 Marseille
July 21 Blackburn
July 28 Derby

All still to be confirmed officially
I do wonder why it takes us so long to announce things if this is true.

If that’s during our EL qualification campaign I can see a lot of fringe players taking part in the friendlies.

If that’s during our EL qualification campaign I can see a lot of fringe players taking part in the friendlies.

Because it is Rangers

We have a history of it - both Oxford and Blackburn have already confirmed other preseason games in the past 2 weeks look at other clubs

It is clear that on the organisation side of things since there 4 games that they been given the go ahead from the Scottish FA, English FA and French FA

Poor show for fans travelling a distance. Sunday transport is gash.
There organised around our Europa League qualification games.

Each friendly is around 3 days before or after one of the European game to obviously maximise our resting period.

However, I strongly suspect we’ll be fielding fringe players in these games to get them up to scratch.

Because it is Rangers

We have a history of it - both Oxford and Blackburn have already confirmed other preseason games in the past 2 weeks look at other clubs

It is clear that on the organisation side of things since there 4 games that they been given the go ahead from the Scottish FA, English FA and French FA
Just seen Oxford’s website claiming they still have some very exciting friendlies to announce.

They must be talking about a trip to Ibrox:cool:

6th July in Glasgow is the Boyne Celebrations so no

The game is the before the 1st qualifier 1st leg
cheers mate. It'll be another effing dry day at the football then. Trains from our neck of the woods just don't correspond for Sunday football. Will have to drive.

Oxford friendly is an interesting one. Their player of the year Cameron Brannagan a midfielder from the Liverpool academy. Was highly rated when he was at Liverpool.

Europa league games, ST payment and possibly an away game early doors. I can’t see a huge turnout for the 4 proposed friendlies.

Europa league games, ST payment and possibly an away game early doors. I can’t see a huge turnout for the 4 proposed friendlies.

Jesus who other than idiots like me who sign up for all games at Ibrox including friendlies will want to watch us against fucking Blackburn or Derby, nevermind bloody Oxford.

We’ve sank a long way since the days of Milan et al. Great if it’s away from home otherwise it’ll be as much interest as two sparrows flying in the wind. In saying that it’s Rangers so we’ll have incredible crowds as always but %^*& me.

Jesus who other than idiots like me who sign up for all games at Ibrox including friendlies will want to watch us against fucking Blackburn or Derby, nevermind bloody Oxford.

We’ve sank a long way since the days of Milan et al. Great if it’s away from home otherwise it’ll be as much interest as two sparrows flying in the wind. In saying that it’s Rangers so we’ll have incredible crowds as always but %^*& me.
Glamour games are great but don't give us the prep we need.

Your as well as not signing up for friendlies.

If I fancy going to one of them I just pay in at the day as it’s always pay at the gate.

Your as well as not signing up for friendlies.

If I fancy going to one of them I just pay in at the day as it’s always pay at the gate.
think u need to sign for all games to make sure u Defo get hamdump tkts mate ever since I signed up for them all av not missed a tkt al still keep it prob won't bother with they games but see how I feel would rather they were away ad prob go to them all :)

think u need to sign for all games to make sure u Defo get hamdump tkts mate ever since I signed up for them all av not missed a tkt al still keep it prob won't bother with they games but see how I feel would rather they were away ad prob go to them all :)
You don’t, you just need to sign up to all home games apart from friendlies

Was hoping for Barrow after the rumour since we signed Firth, however hearing it was indeed just a rumour and isn't on the cards.

The same reason there is a thread on potential opponents on Round 1 and 2
I'm sure a training camp is sorted but if we're playing FC Balkans and then Iceland Volcano Athletic then our plans might shift

While I understand the difficulty in sourcing opposition, why play all 4 at Ibrox?

Surely as a minimum 1 could be away with Blackburn having the stadium and no doubt appetite for pretty much a full house for us visiting

Friendlies are a good chance for families and first time bears to get to games.
Other than Derby none of these are of much interest to me given we will be in Europe etc

Oxford will be nice for me. I’m not far from there and my old head mistress is an Oxford fan. They’ll have seen nothing like the blue sea of Ibrox.

Marseille at Ibrox will be good, although it would’ve been nice to play at the Velodrome and I imagine a decent number would’ve went.
Wonder which jersey Morelos will be donning that day with the rumours of Marseille interest...

While I understand the difficulty in sourcing opposition, why play all 4 at Ibrox?

Surely as a minimum 1 could be away with Blackburn having the stadium and no doubt appetite for pretty much a full house for us visiting

Sourcing team is one issue also been granted to play away is another as I posted Preston away was looked at but blocked so there still issues out there

Sourcing team is one issue also been granted to play away is another as I posted Preston away was looked at but blocked so there still issues out there

Why was Preston blocked mate? Got a no bad stadium etc, Handy with bears traveling too because of train station, police could’ve surely handled it?

OH I hope so! I am visiting Glasgow with a friend that weekend and pretty sure she would come along with me.

Back