Greg Stewart allegedly signs 2 year deal

JW1988

Official Ticketer
The Sun (I know) but it’s by Andy Devlin tweeted 10 mins ago that he’s agreed a 2 year deal and will be announced in a few days time. Pretty sure it’s been all but confirmed on here for about 3 months.

GREG STEWART has penned a two-year deal with Rangers.
SunSport revealed last month that Gers were closing in on making Stewart, 29, their third pre-contract signing following deals for Kilmarnock’s Jordan Jones and Motherwell’s Jake Hastie.

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW
Stewart started season at Kilmarnock before heading to Aberdeen for second spell

The ex-Killie and Aberdeen loan ace’s arrival is expected to be announced later this week.
Rangers are also set to table an improved offer for Oldham Athletic defender George Edmundson.

The Light Blues had an initial bid of £400,000 rejected last week.
The 21-year-old — who has a year left on his current deal — has since knocked back the offer of a new long-term deal with the League Two club.

GETTY IMAGES - GETTY
Gers are in talks with Anfield kid Sheyi Ojo

The Latics are resigned to losing Edmundson in the summer with Wigan, Stoke and Derby all monitoring the situation.
Hull and Peterborough have also had bids turned down, with Rangers set to return to the negotiating table early next week.
Gers also want Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo on loan with talks between the clubs understood to be at an advanced stage.

Ojo has spent the season on loan at French Ligue 1 side Stade de Reims, making 17 appearances and helping them to ninth place in the table.
The 21-year-old recently signed a new five-year deal at Anfield but Liverpool are keen to send him out on loan again.
The French season ended this weekend with Stade de Reims beating champions PSG tonight.
Steven Gerrard — who is also keen to keep Ryan Kent — wants to move quickly with other sides showing an interest in Ojo.

Sounds reasonable ,good to see, if correct, that we have agreed a reasonable length of contract. I expect his role will be as a back up No 10 . I just can't see him as a regular choice. Happy to be proved wrong.

what is going on with our signing policy

the team is crying out for quality
The midfield of Jack,Kamara,Davis and Arfield are quality.
The addition of Stewart would only enhance that.Center back and a couple of strikers (if Morelos and Lafferty are gone)and we are on our way to 55,I’ve convinced myself it’s all we need.:)

tenor.gif

Meh...12 goals in 3 seasons.

Lafferty got more than that at one year with Hearts.

Just don’t see the logic of putting more players on the wage bill who are no better than what we have already.

Last edited:
Can't make sense of this one - he will be nowhere near our starting lineup and I would rather see youth being used as backup this season to show that there is still a route to the 1st team.

Hopefully he proves me wrong though ...

Can’t see why everyone is so negative about this , cheap wages and a better option to bring off the bench to break down stubborn opponents than we already had , also depth will be even more key this year if we are serious about doing well in the league and going as far in europe

Can’t see why everyone is so negative about this , cheap wages and a better option to bring off the bench to break down stubborn opponents than we already had , also depth will be even more key this year if we are serious about doing well in the league and going as far in europe
I think people want depth by pushing our current starters to the bench though, but that's gonna be expensive.

However after Kamara you think people would learn. I'm saying nothing :))

I'm liking the fact that we're giving contract lengths relevant to players age/ability - it wasn't that long ago that we were just handing out 4/5 year contracts to everyone.

Doesn't really excite me at all but no doubt just a straight replacement for Lafferty. Not exactly a masterstroke from the scouting network however.

Meh...12 goals in 4 seasons.

Lafferty got more than that at one year with Hearts.

Just don’t see the logic of putting more players on the wage bill who are no better than what we have already.

Well, it's a good job he doesn't play as a striker then...

Unfortunately quality requires money which we don’t have a lot of.Bulk the squad up with decent signings who can do a job and buy 3 or 4 quality players,

Jesus. Our signing policy has been excellent for the last 12 months. Some players don't work out but that is the same for all clubs over the years. This guy hasn't even kicked a ball for is and is getting shít from our 'support' already.

Why is it so difficult to understand the difference between 1st team signing and squad player signing.

It's mental that a forum filled with football fans can't grasp such a basic concept.

The forum has quite a lot of people who don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to football, but think they do (even though a lot don't watch any football outwith Rangers).

Greg Stewart clearly adds something to the squad we don't have. A bit of creativity and ability to make something from nothing.

Jones gives us pace which we don't really have.

Hastie is one of the most exciting young players in the country.

I have no issue with adding these three players to the squad for zero outlay.

We have a decent starting eleven and very little depth. The game against the mentally challengeds in May and the last game against Kilmarnock show that.

SG will improve the starting eleven (which if no one leaves, will increase the strength in depth). However, as he has already started to do so, he’s improving the bench.

It’s up to the players to keep their place in the team and for the squad to push for a start. He’s creating competition

Greg Stewart clearly adds something to the squad we don't have. A bit of creativity and ability to make something from nothing.

Jones gives us pace which we don't really have.

Hastie is one of the most exciting young players in the country.

I have no issue with adding these three players to the squad for zero outlay.

Correct mate. But some folk just love a good moan and want us to spend 5 million on one player just for the sake of it.

The forum has quite a lot of people who don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to football, but think they do (even though a lot don't watch any football outwith Rangers).

Yep, the opinions some have on here about other players in our league, despite freely admitting they watch no other games outwith ours, is surprising at best and toe curling embarrassing at worst.

Stewart is a good player who will add competition and quality to the squad. He was excellent at Killie and poor at the sheep. To me that’s down to management. At times in the season we lacked creativity and he will provide options for that, even if it’s off the bench.

And yet he was a POTY candidate through the first half of the season.

My money is in Gerrard getting more out of him than Derek McInnes
We saw first hand the type of football the sheep played. Messi would have struggled to perform well

Back