Hazard to Real Madrid for £130m

Chelsea are still confident of overturning the transfer ban at the Court of Arbitration for Sport

Not sure I would spend that on a player who has proven to be huffy and hide every second season almost.

Absolutely brilliant player and one of the best in the world but too often it’s when he wants to be rather than week in week out.

I would suspect he will be the first of the new Galacticos that Real buy this season . I would think at least another 3. There will also be a good few going out as well.

I’d go as far to say I’m not sure what style Madrid play.

Huge season for them and Zidane. We’ll find out what he’s properly all about as a coach.

Basically Peréz demands that the manager play 4-3-3, the “Real Madrid way”. How the manager sets up is another thing.

Basically Peréz demands that the manager play 4-3-3, the “Real Madrid way”. How the manager sets up is another thing.

The formation is static but unlike say Liverpool, City, Barcelona or Dortmund, I don’t think I could say there is any sort of ‘style’ at Madrid.

I was at the Bernabeu a few years back when they were in their best spell under Zidane with Bale flying and at least there was some sort of dominance of possession and a high press from Carvajal and Marcelo, but the last 18 months have been a total mish-mash.

Sunday sesh in Mercado San Miguel is better than any game of football mind you.

Personally be glad to see the back of him on EPL games. Wins almost as many “fouls” as Sutton and Hartson combined. Always hides in the big games as well.

Personally be glad to see the back of him on EPL games. Wins almost as many “fouls” as Sutton and Hartson combined. Always hides in the big games as well.

Eden Hazard ‘always hides in big games’, are you sure?

I don’t see him as a Real Madrid type player.

Always thought of him as a kind of Barca / Man City player with his low center of gravity and link up play.

Eden Hazard ‘always hides in big games’, are you sure?

Pretty sure yeah. Can’t think of any big game that he’s dominated or dragged his team through.

Plus the fact that any time the going gets tough he and his team mates have downed tools ultimately managers their jobs.

I’ve no time for him. Never have and never will have.
Give me Bale over him any day of the week

It’ll be interesting to see who else they bring in , going to be a big transfer window for Real Madrid.
Does that mean the Neymar deal is dead ? I think they play in the same position coming in off the left wing or would they put Neymar through the middle

The formation is static but unlike say Liverpool, City, Barcelona or Dortmund, I don’t think I could say there is any sort of ‘style’ at Madrid.

I was at the Bernabeu a few years back when they were in their best spell under Zidane with Bale flying and at least there was some sort of dominance of possession and a high press from Carvajal and Marcelo, but the last 18 months have been a total mish-mash.

Sunday sesh in Mercado San Miguel is better than any game of football mind you.

As a local, I couldn’t disagree more. Tourist trap, very expensive, too busy.

Plenty better options if you know where to look.

As a local, I couldn’t disagree more. Tourist trap, very expensive, too busy.

Plenty better options if you know where to look.

May be a trip back next year at some point, I’ll DM you if that’s alright - if there’s much better than that, I’m interested!

I reckon Chelsea will go for zaha or Sane as a replacement

Can’t go for anyone as a replacement unfortunately. Looks like the appeal for the transfer embargo is denied. Pulisic in the door and emergence of Hudson-Odoi is the future. Backed up with Willian & Pedro for another year.

They’d be better off spending £200mil on Mbappe.

Hazard is terrific but he’s 29 years old whereas Mbappe could be there for as long as Ronaldo was.

I can see Madrid signing him and Mbappe.

Madrid don’t have the money, they’ve got a load of work needing done to the stadium and it’s costing over £100m.

It was mentioned on one of the podcasts I listen to, a lot of graft needed on the roof I think they said.

Can’t go for anyone as a replacement unfortunately. Looks like the appeal for the transfer embargo is denied. Pulisic in the door and emergence of Hudson-Odoi is the future. Backed up with Willian & Pedro for another year.

I think they can still appeal via court of sporting arbitration

He better not do that thing he sometimes does at Chelsea where he decides he can’t be arsed, because the Madrid fans are merciless and will absolutely hound him out of he does.

An outstanding talent though, no doubt about it.

Strange one with Chelsea unable to sign a replacement.

For FFP purposes they have an asset worth £130m now who will be worth zero in 12 months, so from that perspective it is a bit of medium term planning from them.

Will allow them to spend a good bit of cash when they can sign players again but obviously a downgrade in the team in the meantime.

Back