Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I honestly think they had KKK in full knowledge of what went on at parkhead all those years ago.
Kevin Kelly Knew he was in the company and stuck up for convicted paedophiles, get him to swear on a bible and tell what he knew, and McGinn and some others.

Kevin Kelly was a director of the Trophy Centre between 1989 and 2005. This period encompasses some of the charges James Torbett was recently found guilty of, his first conviction and the payment of £1 million from Celtic FC to TCC in 4 instalments.

According to Mark Daly, Kelly worked for TCC before 1989. Jack McGinn also worked for Torbett.

The Celtic board of this era was aware of allegations against Torbett and others but did effectively nothing other than launch a bogus inquiry of its own.

There really should be a legal inquiry along the lines of the one taking place in relation to children in care. Then, the ball would be in the SFA's court regarding what appears to be a complete collapse in corporate governance.

Kevin Kelly was a director of the Trophy Centre between 1989 and 2005. This period encompasses some of the charges James Torbett was recently found guilty of, his first conviction and the payment of £1 million from Celtic FC to TCC in 4 instalments.

According to Mark Daly, Kelly worked for TCC before 1989. Jack McGinn also worked for Torbett.

The Celtic board of this era was aware of allegations against Torbett and others but did effectively nothing other than launch a bogus inquiry of its own.

There really should be a legal inquiry along the lines of the one taking place in relation to children in care. Then, the ball would be in the SFA's court regarding what appears to be a complete collapse in corporate governance.
Questions also need to asked as to why Kevin Kelly was going on trips with the boys club to France
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he was involved in all of this

I can see Dermot Desmond jumping ship from this cesspit sooner rather than later. He’s been strangely quiet lately and will want to hang onto his millions.

That carry on between Dornan and Daly last week and Dornans pursuit of the knew dome since then suggests to me Dalys expossee on this sordid mess must be close to complet
I think certain commentators (won’t use journalist as in the past that title meant something but not all deserve that accolade) are on Nonce FC’s payroll

You cannot ignore the facts

6 males convicted at CBC / CFC for CSA crimes (Torbett twice)

Decades of denial, deflection and lies to protect ex Managers, Directors, Players and the CFC brand etc

Links to Savile and Bennell and the biggest child abusers in the world the Catholic Church

These commentators ignoring for years is not proper or right and their moral compass and integrity has to be scrutinised as they are a disgrace

They are complicit and aiding and abetting the cover ups

I hope the victims get a proper apology and proper compensation

The guilty and there are dozens who will and are implicated in this scandal should be expecting a chap at the door

This scandal is huge and given the Sunday Mails editorial piece there must be something huge to be reported on and the insurance assessment and investigation is to uncover the scale of the potential compensation pay outs

The dam is about to burst and I pray certain people get the punishment they deserve
Excellent post sir.mentioned in previous bu i think dalys expossee must to close to airing

Everyone seems to have turned on them now. You think it would have happened a lot quicker considering the covered up a paedophile ring over 40 years but better late than never.

Someone needs to bring this up in Holyrood and call for an independent investigation. Hopefully Tompkins doesn't let this lie and it sounds like he is not.

Their Insurers appointed a lawyer to carry out an investigation on the FINANCIAL RISK that might affect Celtic and what they would be liable for, not to assist or establish short comings at Celtic.

Hired by Celtic and will obviously look to protect Celtic as well.

So do the London Stock Exchange now need to look at this ?
Do they have contingent liabilities that have not been recorded / reported in their accounts that mean they have misled investors ?
Some bears were onto this yesterday. Could be another issue for them.

Lawwell has handled this like a guy that is used to using his influence to make things go away.

However, this isn't putting pressure on referees or having a red card overturned and I think he's massively underestimated this to the point it could well finish him.

The most important thing here is justice for the victims - lets not lose sight of that.

Had a quick look on Kerryfail St and a few talking about it in one of the threads BUT not with disgust or shame, instead saying it won't be that bad for compensation and should not affect their transfer budget...one guy saying he works in claims and reckons it will be 1M to 10M max and the replies were "that's ok we have millions stashed away"

All they are concerned about is 10 in a row

As long as they’re winning, the spectre of child abuse around their club won’t bother them. The only demon they want to excersize in 9iar.

I cannot put into words how badly I want to stop them.

Celtic love an internal investigation don't they. All to protect the good name of Celtic or course.

They like to do things on their own terms.

We've carried out an extensive investigation and there is absolutely no misconduct whatsoever to report.
Any more scurrilous accusations brought against our good name will result in court action.
Or words to that effect.

Acting as your own judge and jury is no longer acceptable fat boy......your day of reckoning is approaching.

That certainly packs a punch and liewell looks punch drunk too. Their media colleagues are now running for the hills as they try to distance themselves from the toxic scum.

Decades too late in helping young victims for most of the media though. Why? Who covered this up and continued to do so in all that time? It takes powerful people, in powerful, influential positions to do so.

I would put money on the crook who built an eye sore overlooking Glasgow as being instrumental in the cover up. Just my opinion tho

Lawwell has handled this like a guy that is used to using his influence to make things go away.

However, this isn't putting pressure on referees or having a red card overturned and I think he's massively underestimated this to the point it could well finish him.

The most important thing here is justice for the victims - lets not lose sight of that.
His handling of it is a disgrace. If he were to go, who would employ him? Like their titles, he is tainted.

Not April 1st guys but sky sports news reporting the above.

Stinks of deflection for a club that claims to have had nothing to do with it.

If they genuinely were carrying out an internal investigation into something that could damage their reputation, wouldn't they need to inform people because it could affect their stock prices?

I'm in no way a business person, just asking.

Alan Brazil has a platform to speak for all of the victims and he must stand up for each and every one of them. I admire him for how he has overcome the adversity of the abuse but he needs to reopen old wounds to let them heal properly, speak the truth.

Adam Tomkins got it in one. Not only does a secret investigation with an unnamed lawyer seem very sinister and do little to help the victims and families, it also makes it appear as though the real aim was to aid Celtic in assessing their own liability for their crimes with little focus on actually exposing the extent of what went on.

The appalling reality of this gruesome paedophile ring at Celtc (sic) is the worst in Scottish football history and has to be brought out into the light to prevent this ever happening again.

Social justice needs to be demanded for those who suffered at the hands of these monsters. Monetary compensation may seem inadequate for young kids subject to levels of abuse few of us could ever understand and who have to live with the haunting memories for the rest of their lives, but that may allow some closure.

As a very young teenager in the early 1960's I recall playing for youth teams in Glasgow and as a wee boy, most of us 'knew' of which guys running these teams you steered clear of. One of the coaches, I recall, 'disappeared' for several years because he had been found out. So, my guess is, this type of ring must have been going on the sixties, and possibly earlier, meaning, it has been going on for more than 50, possibly 60 years. And nothing was ever done about it, until now.

The floodgates appear to be opening, and the conclusion to all this could see Scottish football rupture. The impact of our EBT case will fall away in insignificance compared to what may be coming for our rivals. I can see the revelations hurting them so much that they could close their doors. I, for one, will not be laughing. We, as a support, have never demanded the end of our foes, unlike them. To this degree, we must stay resolute and refrain from demanding what they asked to happen to us. I suspect that the damage they will cause themselves is likely to be sufficient. We have to act morally correct as we always do because we play fair.

I can only say you’re a far, far more compassionate man than I am, @Stanley
When Celtic had their financial wobble back in the early to mid nineties, I never once hoped that the club would fold and disappear from the football landscape. My only concern was my own club, our success, our players, our fans, and I was revelling in that wonderful period in our history.
Fast forward 15 years and the club from Kerrydale Street were at the forefront of a campaign to kill our Rangers. Thankfully, they failed to kill us, but by god they didn’t half put us in intensive care for these last 7 years. During those 7 years they’ve had a free run at every competition in Scotland and easy access to the riches of the Champions League.
In chronological order, I would like the innocent victims of this horrendous and sordid scandal to received the closest thing to what will be justice for them and their families.
I then want to see individuals punished for their complicity in aiding & abetting the guilty parties. They need to pay for covering up for the monsters who have ruined unfathomable lives for decades.
Lastly, I want to see football’s governing bodies apply sanctions that once upon a time were unthinkable. I want Celtic FC to be closed down and the crime scene at Kerrydale Street demolished.
That, for me, is how this sordid story of debauchery and the subsequent cover up should end. It is what that vile club deserves.

Sent this to Global PR manager

As a company are you happy to sponsor a Football Club that continues to try and deflect, deny child abuse and its cover up? If so I will no longer be purchasing your products and will ensure none of my family , friends or sporting associates will purchase either. I would be expecting comments on this as I would hope that as a company you would not support or condone child abuse or its cover up.

Get the hashtag trending for their “NB” logo

Nonce Benefactors

They have absolutely failed with their PR over this. Their decision making is so far out, it's the opposite of good PR.
TBH, their PR was never that great. A bunch of anonymous statements to a compliant media who never questioned them

I remember a few occasions when Walter hit back, especially around our UEFA run. The statements would dry up for a couple of weeks, then start up again

I still think the SFA,SPFL should immediately remove Lawell from any committee etc he is involved, in as he is open to influencing any agenda.
Does he still hold a position at UEFA?
the lady's front bottom would still run the show from the sidelines.WATP

When our government and public servants should be jumping all over this and nailing these c**ts to the floor they actual would rather be in the same bed.

Sickens me to the pit of my stomach and the SNP wonder why no sensible person wanted them in charge of their failed names person scheme.

He backed himself into a corner .
All it took was the bravery of one Mother who will not be silenced .
To make him realise that He should do what He should have done two decades ago.

The media have all played their part in this .
They looked the other way.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails.”

Mark Twain.

Alan Brazil has a platform to speak for all of the victims and he must stand up for each and every one of them. I admire him for how he has overcome the adversity of the abuse but he needs to reopen old wounds to let them heal properly, speak the truth.

I wouldn't say he has overcame it. He's got bad alcohol problems which he gets the piss taken out of him for by everyone including Celtic fans. Their club is probably the reason he is the way he is.

His handling of it is a disgrace. If he were to go, who would employ him? Like their titles, he is tainted.
He's been conditioned to think that he can make anything go away by exerting a bit of pressure here and there on MSPs, the media and the SFA.

It sickens me - but I can actually understand why he thought he could approach this scandal the same way as he's never had opposition to that approach or been called out on it before.

He's massively underestimated this whole thing and like I said I think it could finish him.

Probably trying to devise a damage limitation plan to keep his job

More like what can he say? He's in a dangerous spot, he's a dyed in the wool Bheast and owes his current position and status to Lawwell (who literally sanctioned his appointment), he's hoping to keep his head down and avoid saying anything, he's got enough sense to know it is indefensible.

He's hoping the storm will pass and he will still be in CFC's good books afterwards (note I didnt say Lawwel's, as for the first time I'm not sure Lawwell will survive this, given how he's handled it and how he was involved since way back in the 90s).

Liewell is generally brilliant at controlling the narrative and getting people to dance to his tune but he’s cùnted this one BIG TIME. By drumming up this nonsense about a private 2 year investigation after insisting they were clean and a separate intently, he’s contradicted everything he’s said previously and made the entire club look like they have something to hide.

They were slowly digging themselves into a hole with each passing day, well in the last 48 hours Lawwell’s been a human JCB who’s just dug them several hundred metres deeper in doubly quick time.

They like to do things on their own terms.

We've carried out an extensive investigation and there is absolutely no misconduct whatsoever to report.
Any more scurrilous accusations brought against our good name will result in court action.
Or words to that effect.

Acting as your own judge and jury is no longer acceptable fat boy......your day of reckoning is approaching.

His day might personally be arriving given he was finance controller over at the chamber of secrets in the mid 90’s.

He’s known for decades and did f*ck all.

What sporting advantage has been gained by Celtic by covering these crimes up? Try and put a number on that......

I wouldn't say he has overcame it. He's got bad alcohol problems which he gets the piss taken out of him for by everyone including Celtic fans. Their club is probably the reason he is the way he is.

He looks like what you'd get if you mutate/breed a tomato with a beetroot.

Will probably outlive most of us mind.

Back