Ruling On Latest Fat Mike Court Case – Still Waiting...

I was under the impression that he was going to give a written decision to the parties concerned. As opposed to verbally in open Court.

Nothing to substantiate that of course, it's just what I thought was going to happen.
I think when they do that it can take up to 3 weeks

Yes Cruise, Flannels, Van Mildert all effectively the same group. Ashley controlled.
It's a real shame they are as they are always pretty good for a new outfit.
I actually took a look in Frasers a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed with the selection available in the blokes department.
The good thing is I can try something on then head to the pub and order online from someone else.

Judge has said written judgement will follow. So we won’t know nothing until he is ready to publish it at a later date. So often the case with complex commercial litigation.

Any chance of the decision leaking to Rangers friendly journo's? Andy Newport is normally quick off the mark for stuff like this.

The fat cunt has a 25% stake in Four Marketing so buying Stone Island, CP Company etc anywhere will line his pockets :(

Was speaking to someone a couple of weeks ago about this according to them local small independent shops like quest in Falkirk,jolly tots and a shop in Bathgate are not getting stone island anymore because of Ashley.
Think it’s because he wants to expand flannels and has struck a deal with SI.

I actually took a look in Frasers a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed with the selection available in the blokes department.
The good thing is I can try something on then head to the pub and order online from someone else.
he's got shares in alsorts of company's you prob no idea about so u could be actively boycotting somwhere only to be spending blind somwhere else I seen a list a while ago alsorts of company's on it he's like cancer spread everywhere

What’s the worst possible outcome tht can come of this?

Obv the best one is to cut al strings and get away from Ashley. Here’s hoping

Is it true the Club’s solicitors will currently know the judgement and will either be looking over challenges or waiting for SDs solicitors to do that depending on which way it has fallen?

If that’s the case you can expect there will be information leaking out about which way it has gone.

The fat cunt has a 25% stake in Four Marketing so buying Stone Island, CP Company etc anywhere will line his pockets :(
Told people this last year on here and got mocked lol Standard FF. You just need to look at the quality of the products since he joined them.

They’ve got a lot of cracking gear Minder. I’ve historically bought a lot from them until that arsehole stepped in.
Van Mildert can have some really good sales too.

Was speaking to someone a couple of weeks ago about this according to them local small independent shops like quest in Falkirk,jolly tots and a shop in Bathgate are not getting stone island anymore because of Ashley.
Think it’s because he wants to expand flannels and has struck a deal with SI.

And then you know what the prick will do Gramps.
Cut the sales right down, so that people are paying more.
I would always wait until there was a sale & go crazy. Since he bought HoF he has taken his competition out in Glasgow.
Now both Frasers & his Cruise/Flannels businesses have less sales with lower discounts.
#tightbastardloyal :D

And then you know what the prick will do Gramps.
Cut the sales right down, so that people are paying more.
I would always wait until there was a sale & go crazy. Since he bought HoF he has taken his competition out in Glasgow.
Now both Frasers & his Cruise/Flannels businesses have less sales with lower discounts.
#tightbastardloyal :D
And less customers

ROLLS BUILDING
COURT 19
Before LIONEL PERSEY QC sitting as a Judge of the High Court

Thursday 6 June 2019
At 10:30 AM

Judgment

CL-2018-000726 SDI Retail Services Limited v. The Rangers Football Club limited

There were two cases going through the Courts with Ashley awaiting a decision but I have lost track of what this one is.

The case which had been calling before Persey previously was the one which went to speedy trial in April. That case has the reference 631.

That was dealing with declaratory and injunctive relief. Damages etc were put on hold until after the decision in that speedy trial.

That court notice for today refers to 726 though, which is the case previously heard before Cranston (last report was from a hearing on 13th March.) that was dealing with the new contract created by SDI matching elite’s offer in July 2018.

Today presumably involved the judgment following on the speedy trial given it is Persey issuing the judgment , but it’s all a bit confusing. Maybe both cases were calling together today and only one reference ended up being given? (In passing, I think there may in fact be actually be more than just 2 cases involving us and SDI ongoing at the moment.)

The ET report is a bit ambiguous about what actually happened today - maybe the case was just continued on for the judgment to be given at a later date - but it could be that the judgment was actually given to the parties today, but general publication of it has been delayed.

There’s sometimes a short delay in publication of cases where there’s going to be a bit of press attention so that the parties have the heads up first.

The case which had been calling before Persey previously was the one which went to speedy trial in April. That case has the reference 631.

That was dealing with declaratory and injunctive relief. Damages etc were put on hold until after the decision in that speedy trial.

That court notice for today refers to 726 though, which is the case previously heard before Cranston (last report was from a hearing on 13th March.) that was dealing with the new contract created by SDI matching elite’s offer in July 2018.

Today presumably involved the judgment following on the speedy trial given it is Persey issuing the judgment , but it’s all a bit confusing. Maybe both cases were calling together today and only one reference ended up being given? (In passing, I think there may in fact be actually be more than just 2 cases involving us and SDI ongoing at the moment.)

The ET report is a bit ambiguous about what actually happened today - maybe the case was just continued on for the judgment to be given at a later date - but it could be that the judgment was actually given to the parties today, but general publication of it has been delayed.

There’s sometimes a short delay in publication of cases where there’s going to be a bit of press attention so that the parties have the heads up first.
Usually published the next day?

All this still amazes me.
Obviously I have no legal background, but how can a company put placemen on another company's board then sign up to obviously stupid contracts that massively hinder the company they are meant to protect, yet that is all legal and untouchable?

The real c.unts in this is the Sleazdales, Somers etc who hamstrung us to this. Never forget what they have done to us.
I wouldn't dream of advocating violence against anyone, and I'm not suggesting anyone do anything stupid or illegal or both, but how those parasites are still walking the earth is beyond me.

There is very often a short delay. A draft judgement is sent to the parties in strict confidence. They have the opportunities to make corrections [dates names mis-spelt etc.] The perfected judgement is then handed down.

All this still amazes me.
Obviously I have no legal background, but how can a company put placemen on another company's board then sign up to obviously stupid contracts that massively hinder the company they are meant to protect, yet that is all legal and untouchable?
I completely understand where you're coming from, but unfortunately, when did morality ever come into the law?

I guess the judge is ready to do a runner as we won't be happy with his ruling. Not telling us now is giving him time to F off. :)

Is it likely Ashley will ask for a confidentiality in the judgement, to hide how much he is shafting us and prevent active boycotts?

Seems to be something we don’t altogether understand.
I’d he croaks, some other qunt will take his place at the head of this vipers nest.
Disagree. This is totally personal by Ashley. He runs Sports Direct as an iron dictatorship. If he dies or was incapacitated, and my goodness I hope he goes soon, I don't believe for a second that whoever takes over would have much interest in tying time and money up in court with a company that they can't work with. Nor that they would be anything like as much a piece of sh!t as he is.

Back