Lampard to Chelsea, how long before Gerrard leaves?

The speculation (by stirring media ) will ramp up for gerrard to be away to any team from high championship to any premiership job as soon as we win first old firm game , if not before. But lucky he will stay (I hope )

With Lampard to Chelsea doing the rounds on social media, how long before Gerrard gets a shot at the Liverpool job? Would he have to achieve a treble here first? Would he have to get to the knockout stages of Europe first?

Just a theoretical, but while we’re at it, how much do you think Gerrard can achieve with us? In terms of European and domestic success, before he can be classed as Klopps successor
Many years before he can replace Klopp, and Lampard to Chelsea would be a disaster for both him and club.

He'd need to do well in the EPL first. Delusional to think otherwise. Liverpool, Utd, Spurs and City (kinda, Arabs took over a month after Hughes appointed and backed him) have all appointed managers from lower EPL sides in the big money era. It still happens and will continue to do so.

With Lampard to Chelsea doing the rounds on social media, how long before Gerrard gets a shot at the Liverpool job? Would he have to achieve a treble here first? Would he have to get to the knockout stages of Europe first?

Just a theoretical, but while we’re at it, how much do you think Gerrard can achieve with us? In terms of European and domestic success, before he can be classed as Klopps successor
Well they have Klop in charge right now mate, he just win a champions league and narrowly fell short of a league title this season ...think I'm quietly confident he ain't going to pool anytime soon.

I think Lampard has made a mistake, just like I think Gerrard would not consider another job right now and not without a great deal of deliberation when it comes to the future. Also, Rangers is not Derby; Gerrard already manages one of the best and biggest clubs in the world. This club has endured and absorbed a very difficult several years, but at its best it is a very prestigious job. There are not many as good as this one.

I hope Derby don’t use their Chelsea money to chase Stevie.

Stevie G has shown all his career that loyalty means a great deal to him. He has found a club that embraces that ethos from the fans to the board. Only Liverpool and England will tempt him from Ibrox, and that is a long way away yet.

I doubt if European Champions Liverpool will be in the market for a manager any time soon.

Chelsea might well see Lampard as a long term project they could invest a few years in.

The only opportunity for Gerrard to take a job out of that situation is if he fancies a move to the Championship with Derby.

All hypothetical really.

Lampard might do well, win the FA cup or League cup in his first season, fans already love him anyway and Chelsea actually decide it might be worthwhile breaking from the norm and going for a long term project for a change. He might end up Chelsea manager for a good few years and build a team with some decent youngsters in it.

Meanwhile Gerrard has another trophyless season and decides to leave at the end of next season and heads to a Championship club or somewhere. He goes along his career from club to club just failing to win a trophy and is considered nowhere near good enough for the Liverpool job.

As o day hypothetical and I actually think Gerrard will win us 55 but there's such fine lines in football that it's not worth even guessing.

Firstly,I think the Chelsea job has came too early for Lamps,but I hope he does well. I think Stevie will see out his contract with us,he seems very committed to the cause. Let's face it Liverpool is the only club I think he would leave for. May we'll be beneficial for us if Lamps gets it as him and Stevie are good mates which we could reap the benefits of as far as deals go.

Klopp has said he wants to take a break after his current contract which ends 2022. Hopefully we will have Gerrard until then

The Gaffer isn't unsackable.

If we were to lose again next year to a Neil Lennon team, or fall further behind them then decisions would have to be made. Even mutual consent.

For the record i think this upcoming season is where we untopple them. I want the gaffers next move to be one he has earned, as it mean we will have been successful.

While he had a decent first season in management Gerrard is still massively unproven as a manager. If he starts racking up trophies and gets more experience under his belt then things may change but even if he has legendary status at Liverpool there is no danger he’s going directly from us to them anytime soon.

Lampard is in the same boat but Chelsea are mental and are looking for a crowd pleasing appointment after a successful but dull season under Sarri. Huge difference to where Liverpool are as a club and fan base right now.

What is the point of your post, if not sh1t stirring?

A genuine question.

If a West Ham, Newcastle or Southampton came in for him, do you reckon he'd stay with us?

He’s not jumping ship for any of those clubs, I think it would take a top 6 club down south to tempt him away.

As long as we back his ambition and if he is successful I think he will be happy to stay and learn his trade waiting on his boyhood club to come calling.

There’ll be at least a couple clubs between us and managing Liverpool for Gerrard, if he ever even ends up doing it. Chelsea have a chop and change culture with managers whereas Liverpool tend to stick with their man for a while.

You say that, but look how well the magic hat has done with England and Spurs

giphy.gif

he's here until the Liverpool job comes up
Liverpool will be gauging his performance for eventually taking over from Klopp

and given who he is , i wouldn't grudge him leaving for that particular team

Lampard going to Chelsea is going to end in teams, definitely not ready for a job for that. Then you've got their potential transfer ban.
Its got disaster written all over it...Chelsea are my team down south and i'm a massive fan of Lampard, but i would rather see him stay at Derby.

Reactions: TQ3
He’s not jumping ship for any of those clubs, I think it would take a top 6 club down south to tempt him away.

As long as we back his ambition and if he is successful I think he will be happy to stay and learn his trade waiting on his boyhood club to come calling.
You are kidding yourself on.

I'm not sure the gaffer turns down an offer from clubs like Newcastle, West Ham, etc. As much as Rangers are a bigger club than those, I think he'll want to manage down south and he might be waiting a while before Liverpool come calling.

Another season minimum at Ibrox is best for him and obviously us too.... 55 and then we'll see !

As bears we are biased, but if we were to pretend to be Dirk Kuyt for example and you are managing Feyenoord.

Imagine he had been a Munich player instead of Liverpool and was an Icon there.
Do you move to Werder Bremen or Shalke for 4 times the money and maybe get bogged down in mediocrity?
Or does the salary at Feyenoord or 4x Shalke really not matter if you aspire to be Bayern Munich manager? On 20x the salary and at "your" club?

Do you see being successful at Feyenoord as a better prospect of getting the only job you want?
Or do you move to a smaller midtable club?

Brendan was and is on the way down. I doubt we'll see his likes at a bigger club than Leicester again.

Gerrard has to look long term.

I know I'm away off at a tangent but I'm trying to justify the fact I think he'd stay and remove the blue tinted specs!

I don’t think there are many clubs Gerrard would leave us for.

This. I don't know who Gerrard would possibly want to manage in the EPL outside Liverpool. I don't think any of the top teams (bar Liverpool) would go for him and would he really want to go to a mid table obscurity side? I can't see it. And that's exactly why he came to Scotland.

I truly believe when Gerrard leaves us it'll be to gain experience in a top European league. Could see him at a third / fourth place type team in a league that isn't EPL.

Chelsea are in constant crisis, moving from manager to manager. Lampard is only being mentioned because of his history with the club and he’ll appease the fans.

Liverpool are going from strength to strength, any other season and they’d have won the CL and the league (the fact they didn’t win it with so many points and only one loss is staggering really) Klopp’s stock has never been higher.
16 trophies in 16 years,including 5 league titles and 3 European trophies.
Crisis at Chelsea? Surely your having a laugh ffs.

16 trophies in 16 years,including 5 league titles and 3 European trophies.
Crisis at Chelsea? Surely your having a laugh ffs.
They’re a revolving door & everyone seems to fall foul of the Russian throwing his toys out the pram. They have a squad proven to down tools when the going gets tough.
No I’m not having a laugh, I’m deadly serious.

They’re a revolving door & everyone seems to fall foul of the Russian throwing his toys out the pram. They have a squad proven to down tools when the going gets tough.
No I’m not having a laugh, I’m deadly serious.
:)):))

I am not convinced Lampard would be a success at Chelsea - just think it's too soon to move to a club that size. However, I guess we can't predict that one.

Lampard is a Chelsea legend. The fans will love him so it might be worth the risk. Gerrard is a Liverpool legend. However, there is a minor problem in the fact that Liverpool already have an exceptional manager. I can't see Gerrard leaving us for any other team.

S G is not going anywhere untill he delivers 55/56/57 and has Rangers in the group stages on the CL.

Whenever Klopp leaves Liverpool (which I can’t imagine will be anytime soon) Gerrard is going to be one of the favourites to replace him. We have to accept that’s always going to be the case

SG’s here for at least another couple years. Maybe Lampard will replace him when the russian gets sick of him. Lamps has a soft spot for the Queens X1.

Klopp has just won the CL, he is going nowhere.
SG will be at Ibrox for another couple of years, then he will probably get the call.
I'm cool with that.

Lampard is off his head if he goes back to Chelsea he simply is not ready yet. Im sure his uncle Harry will warn him of it.

Back