Lawrence Shankland in transfer talks with Dundee United

Why the fuuk should we fork out more cash to not play them when livi or st Johnstone should buy him instead.

Thats the sensible way tae go about it.

Maybe one for the future for us, he would still be our player but loaned out for a year.

Still don't understand what your first post meant but I'll give a like anyway.

He’s a great young player and I think will do well in a middle table SPL side or League 1. I’d take him as our third choice striker behind Alfie and Defoe but he’d never be any more than that and I think the boy has ambition of being a regular starter. This years Nicky Clark
What a bizarre post great player and this years Nicky Clark.

Truth is he’s average and isn’t good enough for us and likely never will be, wish him well though

There will 100% be offers from Scottish Premiership clubs and better clubs down south.

This is just a soundbite released by Dundee Utd to get their fans excited that they're doing stuff - probably in the hope of selling more season tickets.

They have zero chance of getting him.
Dundee United have won the fight to sign Lawrence Shankland - as they look for him to fire them into the Premiership.

The Ayr United striker is set for a medical at St Andrews on Thursday.

The 23-year-old has agreed a three-year contract with the Tannadice club.

Shankland knocked back an offer from Championship side Hull City to move to United.

The frontman netted 38 goals for the Honest Men and will really strengthen United’s promotion push.

Dundee United have won the fight to sign Lawrence Shankland - as they look for him to fire them into the Premiership.

Shankland knocked back an offer from Championship side Hull City to move to United.

The frontman netted 38 goals for the Honest Men and will really strengthen United’s promotion push.

If he has knocked back championship clubs to go to United he is daft and has zero ambition

No one would knock back hull and the salary they would pay to go to Dundee united - clowns reporting that.

Hull City probably pay more a couple of months than the Dundee mob pay in a year.
File that under B for bullshit.

He can team up with Nicky Clark, both will have found their level... stacking shelves in the new Tesco in Tannadice Street.

I can’t imagine that Dundee United offer anywhere close to hull city .

What would uniteds top wage offer be in that division ? I’m making a guess here but surely won’t be more than 2 grand a week?

With their being no transfer fee maybe they’ve given him £200k up front to sweeten the deal is all I can think . Fair enough let’s see what he can do .

His wee (mentally challenged?) pal McDaid is at Dundee I think? Maybe he will join him there but a major backwards step to join any club in the Championship up here.

Don't really get the hype about this kid tbh but good luck wherever he goes.
He's a striker.

He's scored a lot of goals.

Hype.

Thank %^*& the majority on here aren’t in charge of our new signings. The fact that hardly any would have watched a full ayr United game in a while......

I have no idea whether he'd be a good signing for anyone to be honest. Seems to have done very well last season though.

However, it would be a crying shame for the lad to end up at Dundee Utd. An utter %^*& up of a club with nothing to offer the world. He'd be working with wankers and supported by complete wankers. Poor guy!

Unfortunately think Dundee Utd are throwing absolutely everything at winning the Championship this year. They can't afford another season down there will be the thinking. A strike force of Osman Sow, Nicky Clark & Shankland is good experience for down at that level.

Can't see them not winning it unless either Dundee get their sh*t in gear, or Partick Thistle get rid of Caldwell and see a bit of investment.

Ayr will be sick as pigs he has signed with Utd, the big send off for him supposedly to go down to England and he has signed for a team in the same league ffs.

He can team up with Nicky Clark, both will have found their level... stacking shelves in the new Tesco in Tannadice Street.

Shankland scored 34 goals in 41 games last season. What do you mean found his level?? I’m sure you have never seen him play tbh

Where is all the hate for Shankland coming from?? He looks a good player and hopefully he can score more goals again this season but hopefully he’ll no sign for Scumdee United.

If he keeps scoring goals then don’t know why he couldn’t be a future signing

He had agreed terms with Swansea then it went up in the air.

Sunderland is his preferred destination but the club won’t sanction the deal right now due to behind the scenes stuff.

Hull made their interest known last week. Didn’t seem overly excited by that

Dundee Utd offered least cash per week but they have inserted heavy incentives and bonuses into his contract

If he goes to Utd he knows he needs to succeed. Not many second chances if you flop in Scotland hence why he wanted to go down south and give it a try with the likely result someone would gamble on him in Scotland even if he failed.

Strange move for him

Shankland scored 34 goals in 41 games last season. What do you mean found his level?? I’m sure you have never seen him play tbh

Where is all the hate for Shankland coming from?? He looks a good player and hopefully he can score more goals again this season but hopefully he’ll no sign for Scumdee United.

If he keeps scoring goals then don’t know why he couldn’t be a future signing
He's not good enough for Aberdeen then he's certainly not good enough for us, simple really! Oh and your assumption I haven't seen him playing is wrong btw.

Last edited:
Unfortunately think Dundee Utd are throwing absolutely everything at winning the Championship this year. They can't afford another season down there will be the thinking. A strike force of Osman Sow, Nicky Clark & Shankland is good experience for down at that level.

Can't see them not winning it unless either Dundee get their sh*t in gear, or Partick Thistle get rid of Caldwell and see a bit of investment.

Why do you think Miller signed for Thistle. Caldwell will be lucky to see November out.

He's not good enough for Aberdeen then he's certainly not good enough for us, simple really! Oh and your assumption I haven't seen him playing is wrong btw.

Not good enough for Aberdeen a couple of years ago. Not the case anymore imo

But my question still stands where’s the hate towards him on here coming from?

Ayr will be sick as pigs he has signed with Utd, the big send off for him supposedly to go down to England and he has signed for a team in the same league ffs.

They knocked back transfer fees for him in January to let him leave on a Bosman.

Not good enough for Aberdeen a couple of years ago. Not the case anymore imo

But my question still stands where’s the hate towards him on here coming from?
You'll find anything or anybody associated with that particular club gets ffers really pissed off mate, it's not actually him it's a knee-jerk reaction, I've nothing at all against the boy. The fact there's been so many threads on here about him gets to people also.

Can't understand the ill feelings some have for this boy.
He has a career to think about.
If he is a bear, he will always be a bear but he has a job to do for now and if taking the tangerines pound is his best option then good luck to him.
Still hope they fail to get promoted this season.

I think many are really disappointed that Shankland went to a scumbag club with scumbag fans especially if it's true he is a Gers fan.
If he is at D Unt I hope he fails there.
Despicable club with despicable fans who have shown us nothing but ill will over the years.

Do as I did, stick them on your preseason acca at 9/4. If they are the ones to beat it, you’ve the consolation of them probably going bust as they’ll never win the play-offs..

You'll find anything or anybody associated with that particular club gets ffers really pissed off mate, it's not actually him it's a knee-jerk reaction, I've nothing at all against the boy. The fact there's been so many threads on here about him gets to people also.

Most of them probably didn't have a clue he'd played with Aberdeen till they checked his Wiki page after seeing his name on here!

Dundee United has secured the signature of prolific striker Lawrence Shankland.

The 23-year-old has penned a three-year contract in tangerine after United beat off competition from several clubs for his signature.

llusrB3l.png

There will 100% be offers from Scottish Premiership clubs and better clubs down south.

This is just a soundbite released by Dundee Utd to get their fans excited that they're doing stuff - probably in the hope of selling more season tickets.

They have zero chance of getting him.

Zero chance, you say?

Back