Match Thread St Joseph's v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday - Premier Sports

We’re playing fine. More than matched them in midfield and kept their forwards reasonably quiet. They have some better technical players than I expected.

Bit slack on the ball but if we can nick a goal in the second half and I’m sure the rustiness will ease off and we’ll go on to win comfortably.

Half time.

Should have scored with last kick, but no goals and little excitement.

** this isn't being said with the intent of being negative **

Given our squad size - chances of departures, more incoming and outgoings etc it isn't that mental to expect a high level of intensity even this early in the season...

That and just dicking a team now and then is decent for momentum - sending message etc.

An early season game doesn't have to simply equate to a slog and that, was a slog.

Shite half, entirely predictable with the midfielder picked though, these games aren't the type where that midfield will shine

Reactions: Gee
tenor.gif

We haven't been 'woeful' at all, woeful would be getting beaten. We've struggled a touch with the conditions and the pitch but we've dominated, this lot are setup to frustrate and nothing else.

the manager said the other day we cant use plastic pitches as an excuse .

Poor game tbh. We are a bit slow at times gettingvfrom midfield to front but is to be expected at this stage of the season.

Just a case of Gerrard respecting his opponents by playing a defensive trio in the middle.

Agreed that it’s too respectful, but we’ll push on and grab one or two in the second I imagine. Ignore the panic merchants.

Ojo looks like the only one likely of getting a goal. Kamara comfortable.

Poor, poor performance. Let's not make excuses, we should be doing more in this game.

Back