Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Did anyone pick up on part of the tweet that said he almost joined Liverpool last January, or have i got that wrong. Its about 6 pages back

Would allow us to be well prepared for injuries/suspensions/fatigue for challenging on all fronts.

You want 4 CBs, all of which you would happily see in your 11.

I love Goldson and Katic but if the manager can bring in better, it is only a positive move for Rangers

Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning? Still hungover from last night?

There is an element of truth in what you say, of course, but c'mon man, lighten up and enjoy the ride.:eek::)

Haha no, I'm fine, it's this desire to spend money that infuriates me. It guarantees nothing. I hope if he signs he is a great signing but I'm not getting excited based purely on a fee.

Im not disputing the need for another center back

I just think we’re better equipped there than we are upfront

If we’re going to spend that kind of money I would rather we spent it on a forward first but as pointed out....in SG I trust and there is more time for things to happen

The number of people creaming their pants over a player they have never seen nor heard of.

Purely getting excited over the rumoured cost of £4.5m.

Some folk learn absolutely nothing. Their knowledge of football wouldn't fill the back of a postage stamp.

Ok then Pep.

You must be a right laugh on a night out.

Haha no, I'm fine, it's this desire to spend money that infuriates me. It guarantees nothing. I hope if he signs he is a great signing but I'm not getting excited based purely on a fee.

Yeah mate, as discussed on the previous page, I think you will find the majority agree that the fee is no real measure of the ultimate quality of the signing in a Rangers shirt. There's a lot more to it than that. I quoted Kamara v Grezda as an example but there's plenty others.

Would rather we spend that or thereabouts on another forward

Alfie will be gone in the window or the next

We don’t need a “Marquee” center back

I agree , experienced loan deal CB , get Roofe in , and if someone comes in for Alfie we aren’t caught short .

I'm not saying he won't go on to be an excellent signing. He appears to be exactly what we need but people are clearly excited due to the cost, lets not pretend otherwise and it's naive.
As mentioned before, the price tag may be exciting as it’s decent money spent in an area we could improve on. But his pedigree is decent, his age is good and it’s more depth.

I honestly don’t see the point of complaining about this.

Again, not what I’m saying.

You’re suggesting that players who you pay a fee for are automatically better than free or Bosman players, which I’m sure even you know if wrong.

We as a club are a picture perfect example of that.

I've never said they are better. I am saying that there are only so many decent loans and Bosmans to go round, so at some stage you have to go out and spend. Particularly at a club like ours where we demand titles. The honeymoon period is over. It's serious business now.

Massive chunk of cash for a CB,hope he matches his price tag with performances if this guy is part of the Gaffers plans.

Would imagine at that price he would have been heavily scouted and on our backrooms radar.

giphy.gif

I think he might have to go out for 6-months to get full match sharpness and regular football.

IF Kent comes in, we would have the following in the wide area's, and I don't think we will have 6 players for two starting roles:

Kent?
Murphy
Ojo
Candeias
Jones
Hastie

If we continue to play like last night and the end of last season, then the full backs will be providing the width, with 2 players playing narrower, supporting the striker, as Ojo, Jones, then Stewart did last night

So you could add Arfield and Stewart to that list mate.

I'm not saying he won't go on to be an excellent signing. He appears to be exactly what we need but people are clearly excited due to the cost, lets not pretend otherwise and it's naive.

Any excitement I feel about this is because he is a Swedish international playing in serie A. I am probably in the minority that doesn't want us spending much on players at the moment as I completely bought into the buy young and progress them model we were told was our future.

Back