Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

So the rumours were true that Arlene Foster was at Ibrox to hand over a large sum of money to aid Rangers in the transfer market.

C-lzWfFXoAI5QVa.jpg

The potential & strength of this squad incredible

Nightshift & trying to remain calm

But I am excited

I reckon Alfie/Roofe scenario to figure itself out, Kent back & it’s full steam ahead

Options are incredible
Agreed, wish Alfredos situation gets resolved ASAP.

This transfer thread has had just about everything, hopefully the big man has the same when he signs.

Hopefully get this done today, don’t want those pesky mentally challengeds to offer him a deal at the last minute and try and steal him from us.

Sun say £3.4m, Hootsman say £4m, Record £4.3m Gerard is quoted as saying he hopes to have the deal completed by the end of the week. Interesting and exciting days.

So the rumours were true that Arlene Foster was at Ibrox to hand over a large sum of money to aid Rangers in the transfer market.

C-lzWfFXoAI5QVa.jpg

It's sad days when a politician from a different fucking country is more than happy to post themselves happy at the greatest stadium in the world but our own ones in this country couldn't distance themselves any further.

To all posters suggesting our centre defence is fine, cast you mind backs to Lewis Ferguson’s free header putting us out the cup, or Motherwell’s last minute equaliser or the comedy roadshow in Moscow. We absolutely need to stop conceding easy goals.

I'm totally in favour of the Helander signing, but tbf mate, the LC semi goal was 100% McGregor's fault for not coming for a ball in his 6 yard box.

Gerrard said as much.

We definitely need 4 central defenders though, no question.

It's an excellent signing.

That thread on Kerrydale looks like they’re worrying about next season. :))

They are very noisy about our clubs financial affairs, yet silent on child abuse spanning decades at their own club. They are vermin and never let them forget that fact. Anyway, we literally just wiped all our debts lol, utterly mental.

Hope we get this one over the line, I still think we are Kent and a striker away from it after this one.

I would much prefer to take our chances on someone with a CV like Helander's than pay good money for Souttar (I think it was suggested that Hearts were looking for £5m for him - no laughing now) or McKenna (£10m Aberdeen think he is worth? - again, no laughing now).

Great post. Finance directors at Hearts and Aberdeen should be grimacing on hearing this news. Unrealistic demands.

No doubt someone like Alan Preston will criticise us for not buying scottish talent.

They are very noisy about our clubs financial affairs, yet silent on child abuse spanning decades at their own club. They are vermin and never let them forget that fact. Anyway, we literally just wiped all our debts lol, utterly mental.

Hope we get this one over the line, I still think we are Kent and a striker away from it after this one.
Definitely, roll on next season. As Mr King said, they’ll fold like a pack of cards if we win the league next season.

It went from he’s a good player we should be looking at to “he’s shit”. :))
They do this with all of our players, they never give any credit no matter how good the player is, i am a football man so if a player is good i have no problem saying so regardless of who they play for, they never do this !

They are a freakshow cult like no other in the world.

To all posters suggesting our centre defence is fine, cast you mind backs to Lewis Ferguson’s free header putting us out the cup, or Motherwell’s last minute equaliser or the comedy roadshow in Moscow. We absolutely need to stop conceding easy goals.

Correct.

22 pages but we got there in the end.

Highest goal scorers in the league last season and didn’t win it.

So if we get him it will mean we have spent the best part of £10M on CB's, surprised by that figure but shows where SG wants to concentrate on. Hope that it hasn't emptied the coffers as I would still like another striker.

I really like Katic and Goldson but a lot of our support seem to have the blinkers on a bit. The poets still won the league easily last season, we need to improve all over the park and on the bench, sticking with the same players as last year won’t win us the league.
Reasoned Andy considered posts such as yours have no place on FF.

55 is already won. Do you think we can make the Champions League group stages next season

Good signing if / when it goes through. Gives us 2 experienced CB's and 2 very promising developing CB's to push them all the way. All 4 will play their part next season. Feel for Katic a bit but it's up to him now to force his way past Helander and Goldson. He should be relishing that challenge.

Really please in general with how we are going about our business. Confidence is now building for this season.

I liked the one that went down the old route of 'reported fee included wages', and worked out the transfer fee would be £1m paid in small installaments. For a swedish internation defender from serie A:D:D

there is a clown also saying we are paying nothing upfront! not sure if it was the same guy who talked about celtic in the same breath as financial powerhouses man city & psg

Didn’t know there was a situation.

Guy is under contract.

Tav is also under contract. Is there a Tav situation?

Tav doesn't tweet about supposed interest from other clubs and doesn't say in interviews about how much he wants to play in a better league.

We'll sell Fredo if we get a suitable offer mate.

We'll fight tooth and nail to keep Tav, should there be interest.

I think when SSN run it it's almost as good as the big man holding a scarf above his head in the main stand.

Keep Alfie or bring in Rolffe & bring back Kent and we will see 55

Buzzing now

Back