Rangers Board & Steven Gerrard – Thank You...

The squad is probably the best it’s been in a decade! The depth is great and there’s still rumoured to be another two coming in.
Gerrard talked about having two players for each position and I think we are pretty close to that.
The backing the board has given him and the work getting done on the stadium/htc is great to see.
55 will be unreal and I’m trying not to get over excited this year for it already!

The jobs not done yet though, improvements were made last year but we just fell short of trophy success.

SG has a 4 year deal I feel we must honour that which could be tough to endure if we are still trophy less this time next season.

He's instigated changes to the training facilities, has shown that he's a massive attraction for players and he's rebuilding our culture, we must be patient and back him all the way.

Look at Klopp it's taken him time at Liverpool but he's brought success, building a team isn't a quick process nowadays, especially when you have been left with under par players and especially when you've been through what we have.

I’m so excited for all of the kids to see it UJ. They’ve been starved of it compared to us, but it will hopefully be an error they don’t make that some of our generation did mate.

Yes, I’ll have tears too. Can even feel it even thinking about it, but this club is a TRULY SPECIAL INSTITUTION that I’m honoured to share my life with.

And these bad days in recent years have been worth putting up with if just to remind us how lucky we have been.

And the way so many of us have stayed with the club over this period has been an absolute credit to the Rangers family, it really has.
Are we twins separated at birth it's like reading my own thoughts :)):)) it's funny tho that I think the last 7 years have made my love for our club stronger. The pride I have in being a Rangers supporter has no scale, my son has grown into that. Reading others on here like yourself and I think our club is in safe hands for the future.

Just one thing as an older bear who lived through our 9IAR.

When success returns to us this season, and it will, please TREASURE IT like nothing else before.

Many of us didn’t appreciate just how lucky we were at those successful times, and hopefully people have learned that lesson in recent years.

Spot on, I've lived thro' good times and bad but the 2012 to the DK & 3 bears takeover was in my time the most worrying period.
Good luck SG and the Rangers Squad and please deliver #55 next April / May 2020

giphy.gif

I agree with you BB. The club are doing their bit.
Our bit ? Passion & Patience. Not an easy combination, but it’s our job :D
Ha, you’re dead right, as a support, we seem to struggle with patience. The passion is definitely there though. I just hope we get off to a flyer, set the pace and hopefully those less patient than ourselves have little to moan about!!

18 months ago, Derek McInnes knocked us back.

24 months ago, we were embarrassed in Europe by a pub team.

27 months ago we were horsed 5-1 at Ibrox by the poets - the most depressed I’ve been in a stadium watching Rangers.

The progress under Gerrard has been incredible, if it continues we will win the league at some point. Trying not to get ahead of myself!

If/when we win the League Cup this season it will eventually dawn on The Hsrbourers that their period of dominance (*) is over. The Timplosion we will witness at the lesser of the 3 domestic trophies will be a delightful warm up to the main event.

The LC could be DKs card that starts it all Craigie :D

The squad is probably the best it’s been in a decade! The depth is great and there’s still rumoured to be another two coming in.
Gerrard talked about having two players for each position and I think we are pretty close to that.
The backing the board has given him and the work getting done on the stadium/htc is great to see.
55 will be unreal and I’m trying not to get over excited this year for it already!
A great squad, decent depth, a good mix of experience and promising young Scottish players. A class act manager and management team. Really looking forward to this season.

Just like to say a BIG thank you to all at the club supporters included for restoring our Pride in our club (it never left us) but once again to be able to look down on the rest of scottish football after regaining our rightful place ,many have mocked us trying to put us down tried to kill us but we all know that they will never be able to do that, and it's killing them,I believe that this year 2019/2020 is our year and once we get back we won't be leaving anytime soon, some may say that I'm jumping the gun that we haven't won anything yet that's true but I can feel it this year is OUR YEAR

Ha, you’re dead right, as a support, we seem to struggle with patience. The passion is definitely there though. I just hope we get off to a flyer, set the pace and hopefully those less patient than ourselves have little to moan about!!

Agree mate. I’m willing to be as patient as I need to be. I’m there until I die.
Let’s hope we can keep our fellow bears in a similar mindset.
As the song went - ‘We’ll support you ever more, Fxxx the score’ :D

Are we twins separated at birth it's like reading my own thoughts :)):)) it's funny tho that I think the last 7 years have made my love for our club stronger. The pride I have in being a Rangers supporter has no scale, my son has grown into that. Reading others on here like yourself and I think our club is in safe hands for the future.

Brilliant mate. Makes you feel emotional just thinking about this.

We might not be twins UJ, but 100% we’re family mate. Always ;)

This is the most professional management and set up we have seen since since Smith. The club as a whole must perform consistently and where necessary Ruthlessly.

If all goes to plan I expect to win the league this season.

Spot on, I've lived thro' good times and bad but the 2012 to the DK & 3 bears takeover was in my time the most worrying period.
Good luck SG and the Rangers Squad and please deliver #55 next April / May 2020

Absolutely VB.

I’m absolutely certain that Steven Gerrard is the leader we need. And he has hundreds of thousands of disciples throughout the world supporting him.

Now is his time to be a Rangers Legend forever.

Yup it's a great feeling. Just one plea linked to the patience comments. Can we please avoid any hysterical reaction when we drop our first league points please........unless of course we could win all 38 league games

You’re right ID. It’s gonna be a roller coaster. All of the negative energy motions we feel should not be aimed inwards but outwards to our true enemies ;)

In recent times we've definitely owned the close season - it's been when the football has started that the wheels have come off the barrow !

... For this has been a most enjoyable summer so far.

The feel-good factor surrounding our beloved club is going through the roof at the moment.

We're on the verge of hopefully achieving something very special this season...

Just can’t wait for the league to start, I haven’t been this excited since I first discovered my old chap wasn’t just for pee pee :p

... For this has been a most enjoyable summer so far.

The feel-good factor surrounding our beloved club is going through the roof at the moment.

We're on the verge of hopefully achieving something very special this season...
I dont want to jinx it.. but there's a real sense of something great about to happen this season.

To be honest I’d rather keep a lid on it, it’s not wise to say such things before a balls been kicked. But I’ve got a stauner trying desperately to break free

Once we win one, no matter which one or when, they will go fu.cking tonto while we are celebrating the biggest triumph in our history. The one that says once and for all, The Rangers are back.

I cannot wait.

That is EXACTLY what it will say Craigie :D

When success returns to us this season, and it will, please TREASURE IT like nothing else before.

Many of us didn’t appreciate just how lucky we were at those successful times, and hopefully people have learned that lesson in recent years.
Hear hear!! I for one am primed for going AWOL for a few days :D

I don't think I’ll ever take another trophy for granted again. Carnage will ensue when it happens.

OP is bang on, it feels different, something is definitely happening!

Hear hear!! I for one am primed for going AWOL for a few days :D

I don't think I’ll ever take another trophy for granted again. Carnage will ensue when it happens.

OP is bang on, it feels different, something is definitely happening!

Looking forward to that day like no other Vinnie :D

At the end of last season it was recognised the squad lacked a little quality. We have went about our business addressing this very impressively. I still dream our front three this season will be Kent, Morelos and Ojo. However, if it isn't then I'm certain the guys in it will be no less formidable.
55 is on it's way. We are building and strengthening our squad. While they have gone into a period of transition. Transitional periods are notoriously unpredictable. When they inevitably implode their wailing and gnashing of teeth will entertain us like never before:))

Agree that Dave King and the board should be congratulated both for giving us SG , but also finding the cash to sign the players so far.

This!! When we won the title in 87 we knew it had been a barren time for the club, I was 16 and really only been at games for about 4/5 years, so it didnt hit home as much.

When we get back to the top, I will laugh, cry and probably shout a lot!

The board have been magnificent considering the shambles they inherited, we the supporters have continued to back them financially and support for the team, but we've got a gaffer who knows how to succeed, this guy has world-wide respect because he has earned it.
To others take note
We are on our way.

The progress we have seen over the last year is absolutely amazing and huge thanks must go to Dave King, the entire Board, high profile supporters and indeed the whole Rangers' family who have backed the dream. Well it's not going to be a dream for much longer - it's going to be reality!

Think we will sign a class striker and another class midfielder. Probably why McRorie has gone on loan. We will then have the strongest squad in Scotland. Don't have any worries re the scum and their scum manager football wise. My worry is the cheating officials and so called compliance officer. Last season was the worst I have seen in 52 years of watching Rangers. I think, however, it will be even worse this season especially with the bigot being back at the child abuse deniers. The club will have to nip this in the bud straight away. I believe they will. We will win the League this year. Come on the Teddies.

And once we get that success back then I believe after what we’ve been through, then we’ll never let it go again. 55 on the way.

This!! When we won the title in 87 we knew it had been a barren time for the club, I was 16 and really only been at games for about 4/5 years, so it didnt hit home as much.

When we get back to the top, I will laugh, cry and probably shout a lot!

Funny. I’ll be doing all of them ID. And singing a wee bit too :D

Keeping my powder dry, but I think the trebles in the bag
I totally agree but at the same time trying to find out if anyone supplies champagne in plastic bottles and will security turn a blind eye? I promise that I will only drink it and spray it. I will not throw it to cause injury - honest guv. A party like no other.

This x 1,000,000

I remember being almost bored in the middle of 9IAR as it was so easy and frustrated by our lack of success in Europe. The last 7 years have been a hell of a way of gaining a sense of perspective.

It’s still very, very early stages but the hope that we were given by SG’s appointment might now be about to become reality. This has been the most enjoyable close season for 10 years and we can be justifiably optimistic (finally) about the season to come.

Totally agree OP.
Thank you and much appreciated to “The King” and the board.
Must also include Paul Murray, Craig Houston etc etc (too many to mention) plus the Supporters

We have won f uck all for a long time, as optimistic as I am I will keep my powder dry until we do, second is last in a 2 horse race

I get a tear in my eye just at the thought of us next winning the league. I'm going to be an absolute fucking wreck in May when Tav lifts that trophy.

Back