More Lies from BBC Scotland?

buster60

Twice today I’ve heard BBC Scotland claim that Arsenal have had a second bid, this time of 25 million turned down by Celtic for their left back. If their first bid which allegedly was turned down was for 15 million why would Arsenal suddenly increase that offer by another 10 million? It’s a big increase and when no one else appears to be bidding for the player it’s a huge increase of their alleged first bid. It doesn’t sound right. Apart from that, what club would buy a player who ain’t even fit and who has question marks about his future fitness? He wouldn’t even get through his medical the state he’s in now.
Is this all the doings of this new PR company they have signed up to?

Twice today I’ve heard BBC Scotland claim that Arsenal have had a second bid, this time of 25 million turned down by Celtic for their left back. If their first bid which allegedly was turned down was for 15 million why would Arsenal suddenly increase that offer by another 10 million? It’s a big increase and when no one else appears to be bidding for the player it’s a huge increase of their alleged first bid. It doesn’t sound right. Apart from that, what club would buy a player who ain’t even fit and who has question marks about his future fitness? He wouldn’t even get through his medical the state he’s in now.

About 10 other outlets are reporting the same to be fair.

Reactions: WBD

All very strange.

In honesty, i’d prefer it if he stays. There seems a reasonable chance that he won’t make it back to full fitness and, even if he does, he’ll be matching up against Tav who is better than him, much less with Ojo in front of him.

£25mill might do them more good than keeping Tierney.

Plus it’s always fun to see their fans getting conned. “We didnae buy many players but we pyoor kept Tierney and that’s like a noo £40mill signing isnae it?”

They'll accept ANY offer when they get papped oot the CL qualifiers. Probably around 8 million or so.

If they knocked back buying Turnbull because he failed the medical , I’m sure Arsenal will not pay anywhere near figures quoted for a crock like Tiernay.
What chance would he have passing a medical?

Quote from a manky smelly mentally challenged that I have unfortunately got next to me in the office is that Tierney has had a meeting with liewell and he wants to stay for another 2 seasons so he can say he was there for 10 in a row and then he can go for double the asking offer being touted just now

You do wonder, although surely Arsenal would deny it if it was false?
I heard it reported on talksport in between one of the main talking points which was Arsenal supposedly having £200m in the bank (£45m to spend this window) but supposedly bid for Zaha but never got him and the crock from the paedodome but they turned down £25m. I think it’s a mutually beneficial lie.

Last edited:
Will this 'medical' at Arsenal consist along the same lines as a theory test like in a driving test...?

Because he has yet to recover from his recent surgery. :))

Another post about the BBC and lies. When will our fans learn. This is nothing new!

I heard it reported on talksport in between one of the main talking points which was Arsenal supposedly having £200m to spend but supposedly bid for Zaha but never got him and the crock from the paedodome but they turned down £25m. I think it’s a mutually beneficial lie.

You heard it wrong, with the greatest respect.

They said that it’s been widely reported that Arsenal only had £45m to spend

Quote from a manky smelly mentally challenged that I have unfortunately got next to me in the office is that Tierney has had a meeting with liewell and he wants to stay for another 2 seasons so he can say he was there for 10 in a row and then he can go for double the asking offer being touted just now
That's your catholic education system for you - deluded the lot of them.
What Chairman would sanction £15m let alone £25 for a crock. How could he have/pass a medical in his current state.

The OP has a very pertinent point though, I doubt there are many clubs who would suddenly increase a bid of £10M to £25M in one go.
We are talking about liars telling lies about other liars after all.

In honesty it’s not impossible. Say Celtic want £30mill. Back channels are contacted so Arsenal know that. But they also think it’s fatuous and know that Celtic are always desperate for a sale of around £10mill in the close season. Arsenal offer £15mill thinking Celtic will take it as more than they usually get. Celtic surprise them by turning it down. To an EPL side, though, these figures are entirely ordinary in spite of the rumours on Arsenal being skint. They whack an extra £10mill in to get it closer to Celtic’s ball park. With EPL hyperinflation, it’s not a dissimilar ratio to the difference between our first and final bid for Docherty.

The weird thing is why would they bid anything at all for someone who can’t actually play football.

If the reports are true then it isn’t exactly a £10 million jump. It’s still £8 million up front and the rest in instalments and further clauses.

If any club stumped more upfront, he will be gone.

No CL football and they run at a big loss without selling £15m+ of player(s). Arsenal should box clever here and withdraw the offer till after they go out.

Lawwell will be on the phone within minutes of that game being over absolutely begging for them to take Tierney for a third of what the yahoos want right now.

You heard it wrong, with the greatest respect.

They said that it’s been widely reported that Arsenal only had £45m to spend
They’ve been saying for weeks that’s what they’ll spend this window but if they’re looking at Zaha who would cost that or more on his own so that just confirms that lie. The £200m is supposedly what cash they have in the bank(not what they’ll reportedly spend this window). I know I didn’t make that clear.

Edited after reading back.

Last edited:
I don’t believe a single word of any of it , he’s weeks away from being fit and has had injury worries for the last two seasons, Celtic are trying to punt a crock here hoping someone falls for it

First it was Everton , then Bayern so on and so on

Who in their right mind would bid for a player who can’t have a medical and missed a large chunk of last season with the same injury

It’s lies lies and more lies if you ask me , no direct quotes from either club just all media apologists spinning the story to keep the big news off the front page , the story has been spun for over a month now

When STV reported it in their highlights it was £25m, then when actually reporting it, it was worth £25million. Big difference. Arsenal are going to protect themselves against him breaking down.

The Lie Machine is in full effect over this lad

Played how many games since Christmas 2, 3 ??

Part of a celtc defence that had their WORST EUROPEAN RESULTS- EVER - personally found out every time he played against non-spfl players.

Injured on top of long term medical issue with hip

Yes, Arsenal have pushed the boat out for a promising injured player - and increased an already fantasy offer.

The scum have knocked back the unknown offer because it is too low, has more add ons and what ifs because of injury situation. The mhedia spin it to try and convince the Italians there is a chance to "steal" this guy from Arsenal.

Can read these liars like a book.

I hope he stays - better an injured guy eating a wage than them getting money in to invest in possible team improvements.

I heard it reported on talksport in between one of the main talking points which was Arsenal supposedly having £200m to spend but supposedly bid for Zaha but never got him and the crock from the paedodome but they turned down £25m. I think it’s a mutually beneficial lie.
In my opinion the mutually beneficial lie part is bang on.
Arsenal want their fans to think they are trying to spend money, and Celtic are happy to let their fans think they can afford to knock back big bids for their players.

It will be in the way the deal is structured. They will be offering a certain amount upfront, then I’d imagine, based on appearances , the rest will be made up. This is why it’s been ‘ rejected’, as popadom hips is injury prone.

It’s been fairly obvious for a while that the BBC staff are taking payments from Celtic PR to spin various stories. That is the risk that companies like the BBC leave themselves open to when the majority of their employees are contractors and not staff.

I don’t believe for one minute this is true.

Why would anyone buy a player for 25 million that hardly played last season, and has just supposedly gone through a big operation.

Will believe it when it happens until then I will file under utter crap

They increased the offer but it is heavily based on appearances. I think deep down that lot know he won’t pass the medical and is going nowhere

Back