Progres - Travel club day trip?

Bolt

Do we think this will be an option?

Probably the only way I’ll be able to go to this one.

**** There is no official travel club day trip ****

Last edited:
Contacted TC sports today , still waiting on a reply. Sports Options were still trying to get a plane

Should be one. Think it cost about £400 the last time.

Too much for me for this early in the competition.

Emails out. No official trip

After discussions with our travel partner, Thomas Cook Sport, we are regrettably unable to offer supporters a dedicated match package round trip to Luxembourg for our next Europa League game due to both the limited availability of aircraft and the excessively high costs involved during the peak holiday season.

Serious question.

There’s corporate bears permitted to pay to go on the official team flight.

Is that cost viewed as ‘excessive’ ?

Folk don’t pay £20 or even £50 a year for the travel club to email them saying ‘sorry no flight its too dear’

Do you need to pay for corporate hospitality at Ibrox to ‘be allowed’ to pay for a flight ?

We didnt pay £20 to have you act as our bank manager.

We paid £20 for you to provisionally arrange a flight and tell us the cost.

If folk pay it, the flight goes ahead.

Mugs.

Absolutely ridiculous if they have put a £1 charge to register interest in buying a ticket. They simply can not be serious.

Reckon they’ve charged the £1 to stop lads applying for the sake of it like what happened for Gibraltar?

Not sure £1 charge would stop that though.

The points haven't been added at all though, so I'd have thought that'd have been an adequate enough measure?

I just can't believe that the TC yet again allowing fans to register interest instead of immediately opening sales channels. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see the value in the TC canvassing the support for interest and then limiting it to fans with a certain number of points - if they have an idea about the size of the allocation, start selling tickets to enough fans that'd sell out that allocation and then open it up to fans on other points if there's no demand.

I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and suggest the £1 web fee has been added erroneously.

Reckon they’ve charged the £1 to stop lads applying for the sake of it like what happened for Gibraltar?

Not sure £1 charge would stop that though.

I agree this has to be addressed but why punish the fans that are going by charging a £1. It’s fúck all in the grand scheme of things especially when I’ve paid £350 for flights and hotel but I’d rather they went a different approach.

Why not reset someone’s points to zero if they are repeat offenders at this or kick them out of the travel club altogether.

Really dont get why we get fleeced £20 to join the travel club when most of the time all we get is an email to say they cant run a flight,ridiculous

It's the same situation every year with Tam Cook. I think the club go with them simply because they can sourcd the team an aircraft but to hell with the supporters. The issue is available aircraft due to the summer however they could run a flight, drop us off, pick up holidaymakers,quick turn around elsewhere and return to us later. The TC should be independent of the club at times imo although when you see Miles at Sports Options having difficulty you sometimes wonder.

@Greg Marshall

Points to be addressed.

1. Points. Fans were emailed and told they were unsuccessful for Gibraltar, points were not added.

2. Web sales. Fans reporting £1 fee on website to register interest.

3. Official flight. Fans do not pay £20 (or £50) to join a travel club to be told ‘we arent running a flight its too expensive for you’. Lots of things in life are expensive, we are not paying you to decide what we can and cannot afford. We are however paying for you to run a travel club and fail to provisionally book planes and let actual demand decide whether its a goer.

It never changes, year on year, same folk doing the same inept things.

@Greg Marshall

Points to be addressed.

1. Points. Fans were emailed and told they were unsuccessful for Gibraltar, points were not added.

2. Web sales. Fans reporting £1 fee on website to register interest.

3. Official flight. Fans do not pay £20 (or £50) to join a travel club to be told ‘we arent running a flight its too expensive for you’. Lots of things in life are expensive, we are not paying you to decide what we can and cannot afford. We are however paying for you to run a travel club and fail to provisionally book planes and let actual demand decide whether its a goer.

It never changes, year on year, same folk doing the same inept things.

This is exactly the type of thing we should be getting info from the SLO on. I am sure he will take this onboard

I really think people need to be realistic , it was always going to be unlikely they’d be running day trips

Thomas Cook ain’t exactly is great financial health at the moment , I doubt they are going to waste time booking a flight which no doubt would then be cancelled when folk ain’t going to pay £500+ to go Luxembourg (especially when people were there 2 year ago

People are also getting confused , the TC membership fee is for the administration of the scheme ,giving the right to apply for away euro tickets tickets , not as a guarantee on flights

lets not forget ALL away game tickets cost Rangers Fc money to administer , it’s a loss making exercise for the club , so away European tickets , the £20 is nowhere near going to cover the time & resources that this extra facility takes up

I didn’t get charged and I have the confirmation email that I’m registered.

In regards to the day trip, as said above I think it’s laughable that the ticket office decide what fans are willing to pay without giving the option. The thomas cook partnership is a disgrace but the club don’t seem to care

I really think people need to be realistic , it was always going to be unlikely they’d be running day trips

Thomas Cook ain’t exactly is great financial health at the moment , I doubt they are going to waste time booking a flight which no doubt would then be cancelled when folk ain’t going to pay £500+ to go Luxembourg (especially when people were there 2 year ago

People are also getting confused , the TC membership fee is for the administration of the scheme ,giving the right to apply for away euro tickets tickets , not as a guarantee on flights

lets not forget ALL away game tickets cost Rangers Fc money to administer , it’s a loss making exercise for the club , so away European tickets , the £20 is nowhere near going to cover the time & resources that this extra facility takes up
Get Thomas Cook tae Feck then.

The £1 charge goes on once you buy the ticket.

I didn't get charged the £1 to register and I will definitely get a ticket on 8 points. They couldn't charge me anyway as I didn't put my card details in :)).

And I've given up moaning about no official flight as it's not worth it

I never got charged either. Points from last trip should have been added to those that qualify. Shambles if it hasn’t as that could cost you a ticket for this one (highly unlikely).

Heres some realism. If thomas cook are struggling & continually fail to offer us flight options then they must be binned pronto & replaced with a company fit for purpose.

Back