Wallace
Tav
Jack
Waghorn
Kranjcar
Miller
Dalcio

Candieas, Alfie and Rossiter came of the bench that night

My first thought, particularly given that 3 of them still play for us and another 3 play at a decent level, is that they aren’t the worst players individually.

Collectively though it was a fucking horror show.

Caixinha had balls I’ll give him that.
I’d worry about him even being in charge of a Rangers team on FIFA though.
He carries the can for it.

Spending £8million or so in as summer and then being turned over by a mid table side from Luxembourg. It truly was the stuff of nightmares.

But then again Pedro “just got it”. :eek:

The lineup isn’t great but with players like Miller, Wallace, Kranjcar, Jack and Tav should still have been a mile in front of them.

It was an utter failure of management and in turn, the only real failure of the board so far in my humble opinion.

To think our next line up against them will be something like.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Davis Kamara Aribo
Ojo Morelos Jones

What a turnaround in 2 years. Just need the trophies to start arriving now.

The Board rightfully crucified for appointing Pedro and giving him so much to spend.

But the praise that needs directed at the Board for appointing Stevie, and backing him to the absolute hilt.

Never mind the investment they’ve provided on club infrastructure and youth development.

As you say, what a turnaround.

Just remember clocking about 10-15 mins in that Dalcio was a bit of a dud

The boy a couple of rows behind me hated Barry Mackay - to be fair he seems to hate left wingers, Murphy and Kent got it as well--was delighted that day as he thought Dalcio was a player. Poor guy never saw him again

I actually thought Dalcio played fantastic in his debut at Ibrox in the 1-0 win over Progres taking players on and beating them, %^*& knows what happened after that.

Thought Kranjcar also had a brilliant game.

The Board rightfully crucified for appointing Pedro and giving him so much to spend.

But the praise that needs directed at the Board for appointing Stevie, and backing him to the absolute hilt.

Never mind the investment they’ve provided on club infrastructure and youth development.

As you say, what a turnaround.

Great turnaround but we lost a year by appointing Pedro. Potentially more. Imagine if Gerrard and Allan had had those funds to spend ?

Great turnaround but we lost a year by appointing Pedro. Potentially more. Imagine if Gerrard and Allan had had those funds to spend ?

The Board could easily have said, we fucked up with pedro, but the well is dry for the next Manager I’m afraid.

They didn’t do that. Regardless of how much Pedro wasted, the Board once again funded a squad overhaul and have given SG big money over the course of 3 transfer windows.

Goldson for £3m straight off the bat. Incredible.

Watch higlights of it, we were pretty unlucky to be fair and that team should've beaten them easily over 2 legs - I believe Morelos also came on as a sub in the 1st leg.

We were incredibly wasteful in that first game but I was completely confident we would see the job through over there and looking at that team there was no excuse.
That away performance was an abomination.

That team should have wiped the floor with Progres.

The biggest turnaround is the professionalism that is running through the club now.

The boy a couple of rows behind me hated Barry Mackay - to be fair he seems to hate left wingers, Murphy and Kent got it as well--was delighted that day as he thought Dalcio was a player. Poor guy never saw him again

Of course he hated Mackay, Murphy and Kent . He was just hoping that a scout would come and take him away from left winger in his pub side and establish him as a Rangers legend ! :))

I can’t even get worked up about “owing them”. They probably have about 4 fans. It’s too embarrassing that it has come to this, and it’s more embarrassing that we can get riled enough to want to gloat to a couple of blokes in Luxembourg.

The Board could easily have said, we fucked up with pedro, but the well is dry for the next Manager I’m afraid.

They didn’t do that. Regardless of how much Pedro wasted, the Board once again funded a squad overhaul and have given SG big money over the course of 3 transfer windows.

Goldson for £3m straight off the bat. Incredible.
The board have backed Gerrard well and saved us from the spivs, no one is questioning their intentions.
However it doesn't negate the fact that the Pedro appointment was an almighty cluster f*ck

That midfield :rolleyes: Should still have been good enough to put them away easily though

Unacceptable by every single one of them.

I'll let Tav, Jack and Wes off.

The rest can $%#$ off. The manager should have walked after that freak show.

The board have backed Gerrard well and saved us from the spivs, no one is questioning their intentions.
However it doesn't negate the fact that the Pedro appointment was an almighty cluster f*ck

Agreed, and stated in my first comment. They were crucified for it.

Crazy to think the differance in two years, this is how we lined up at Ibrox

Wes
Holt
Carodoso
Bates
Wallace
Tav
Jack
Waghorn
Kranjcar
Miller
Dalcio

Candieas, Alfie and Rossiter came of the bench that night
As shocking as that lineup is...should have still crushed that lot last time.

Niko was pinging 60 yard passes to people's toes with his eyes closed, Kenny miller was playing as if he wanted to play every position except striker.

Potentially we could still start with 5 in the team that played in Luxembourg. Pedro really was a shit show

Absolutely, it was a gamble which failed spectacularly. But the board knew we didn’t have the financial muscle the Shettlestons have so we had to take a gamble. Gerrard was a huge gamble as well, but one which, so far, is paying off very well indeed.

Thing is if we got past them imagine the skelping a decent team would have given us? Absolute fear.

Cant wait to set the record straight on Thursday.

I can’t even get worked up about “owing them”. They probably have about 4 fans. It’s too embarrassing that it has come to this, and it’s more embarrassing that we can get riled enough to want to gloat to a couple of blokes in Luxembourg.

For me it isnt about owing them one, its more about righting the wrong from our point of view and putting that ghost to bed.

This tie will be about 6 or 7-0 on aggregate.

We are a different animal now. This is Steven Gerrards Rangers.

Latest posts

Back