Rangers vs Blackburn Rovers Match Thread

Would have been good to get Ojo off and try and win the game, assume Jones coming off is to protect him a bit for next Thursday.

Agree with jones threat is his pace and he’s very direct ,but I really doubt he will chuck in with enough goals for a player playing in that position this season, but I hope I’m proved wrong.

We have to cut out the dithering at the back with some players not as quick on the uptake as others. If it is in your penalty area, just get rid of the ball, out of the park if nesssesary and start again.

They've tried to play football in this half and looked better for it. We have slowed down. McGregor has been dodgy whenever the balls went near him.

I'm sure SG would have liked a better tempo. This game would suggest we can't keep that up game after game.

I think Alfredo will take a chance and see us win.

Katic and Goldson should play on Thursday.

They stood off us first half, but have pressed us higher up the park this half.
We've really struggled with that.

Are those playing just now quite happy for a draw, if so dangerous play. We’re still not shooting from distance, with pussy footing, and yes I appreciate it’s a friendly.

Still looks as though we are missing a bit of quality in midfield to open up teams and a finisher also who offers something different.

Tin hat on here but we are a better footballing team with Fodders in goal.

Greegsy has never been good at passing it out even his lumps up the park are not good.

I’d go with Fodders and make Greegsy get the fire back in his belly if possible.
Agreed, you get serious abuse for saying this on here usually

The gig difference in our defence as I see it,is speed of thought and commitment after a decision is made. The great defenders, The Maldinis and Baresis of this world saw what was happening in front of them and knew how to position themselves and had also decided what they were going to do if the ball came close to them. Lesser players get confused and try to make an instantaneous attempt at the ball getting themselves and the players around them into trouble. We keep seeing this and unfortunately, we don't have the money ,nor are their many players of Baresi and Maldini's class around Scotland.

Greegsy has never been good at passing it out even his lumps up the park are not good.

I’d go with Fodders and make Greegsy get the fire back in his belly if possible.

But McGregor is more likely to make a big save in a big game.
That has to be the main factor in choosing your number 1.

He's looked dodgy today but I think McGregors better with the crossed balls a bit further out. Fod never seems sure about those balls.

Back