Rangers Launch New Diversity & Inclusion Campaign – #EveryoneAnyone

The club tried to appease local politicians ( mainly SNP) over the mess fans were supposedly leaving the area in. This exercise included a video which had children in the dressing-room holding up placards with slogans like ‘dirty’ and so on. It was rewarded with a fanzone being denied by SNP councillors while Celtic had no problems with theirs. In fact, they were helped with land.

My information is that the club lagged in implementing facilities for disabled fans.

This latest effort will not change the way the club is treated in Scotland.

The club needed a proper CEO given full power.

That's not what I asked, though. Or what you said. You put down this latest initiative by calling it "virtue signalling". Outreach into the community - all communities - would seem basic marketing.

As for above, I agree. The Club lacks political clout. That's a serious discussion, though, and there may be a few unpalatable truths for the support as to reasons why. If the support isn't going to change in some respects, then the Club has to begin to try.

Tremendous, now it’s time to sit down with the fans groups and ask them to stop singing about the pope, the IRA, the UVF , the billy boys etc.
Let’s celebrate our history, our culture and our traditions.
Let’s sing about the Rangers along with the two traditional songs the Sash and Derry’s walls.

If we do this, (stop singing about the pope, the IRA, the UVF , the billy boys etc.) then, they will start bitching and wanting this banned. (sing about the Rangers along with the two traditional songs the Sash and Derry’s walls)

I'm trying to buy into everyone being welcome with a shared love of Rangers being all that matters.
Religion doesn't matter.
Colour doesn't matter.
Gender doesn't matter.
Sexual preference doesn't matter (as long as it's between adults of course)
But struggling to include SNP supporters!

brainwashed cult members need not apply :cool:

Reading this actually makes me think of last week i took my son and his wee pal to marseille game and my sons pal is black originally from africa and this 15 yr old boy had never been to a football game before and he was surprised there was other black folk at game as he had been told that rangers fans are racist (obviously by his wee celtic supporting pals ) i was staggered by this

Tremendous, now it’s time to sit down with the fans groups and ask them to stop singing about the pope, the IRA, the UVF , the billy boys etc.
Let’s sing about the Rangers along with the two traditional songs the Sash and Derry’s walls.

Totally agree, I’m sick of hearing about the pope and we sing more about the IRA than the Tim’s do!!!

Def keep the Sash and Derry’s Walls.

I’ve a question. The club had a big launch promoting the gay pride parade , now I’d reckon the amount of our fans who are LGBT, a couple of hundred maybe more .( stand to be corrected )
On 6th July the Boyne celebration was held in Glasgow city centre and I believe there was a larger percentage of our fan base in attendance either spectating or participating.
Why no backing for this from the club ?
Is it inclusion for all as long as long as your not a heterosexual Protestant /loyalist .

No representative of the SNP attended

Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson was supported by politicians Pauline McNeill, Anas Sarwar and Frank McAveety, manager Steven Gerrard, first-team and academy players, club legends, fans, and staff to announce this hugely significant programme.

Neither did the Tories, Lib Dems or Greens, be interesting to see who was invited.

Hopefully the thick bastards that are the FTP pop stars are ashamed enough to give it a rest .

You embarrass me .

And before you ask yes I used to be the same but I grew up.

Probably just you.
No, there will be quite a few, I've never seen anyone get a hard time at Ibrox because they were in some way different. It feels like we've had to bow down here when the vast, vast majority of the support always conduct themselves as a supporter of the Rangers should.

I’ve a question. The club had a big launch promoting the gay pride parade , now I’d reckon the amount of our fans who are LGBT, a couple of hundred maybe more .( stand to be corrected )
On 6th July the Boyne celebration was held in Glasgow city centre and I believe there was a larger percentage of our fan base in attendance either spectating or participating.
Is it inclusion for all as long as long as your not a heterosexual Protestant /loyalist .

They say around one in ten people are LGBT. When you look around Ibrox do you think that ratio is there currently?

That’s the reason for this campaign everyone should feel welcome and look forward to following Rangers particularly those who historically might not have been felt welcome to do so.

I’d imagine a “Protestant Loyalist” requires no additional encouragement or welcoming committee to feel comfort coming to the match.

This initiative is pointless and unnecessary though, no reasonable person needs to be told to respect others and those who do wont change because of this.
They may not change but those around them may feel empowered to call them out because they have the backing of the club and that in itself may drive the change required. Its funny how your environment can have an impact on how you perceive your own world and the ignorance you live in so any exposure to the differences in everyday cultures is to be commended. Noting I may only be in this for the return of Bears Pakora!

They say around one in ten people are LGBT. When you look around Ibrox do you think that ratio is there currently?

That’s the reason for this campaign everyone should feel welcome and look forward to following Rangers particularly those who historically might not have been felt welcome to do so.

I’d imagine a “Protestant Loyalist” requires no additional encouragement or welcoming committee to feel comfort coming to the match.
Why should their sexuality matter . Why should they broadcast . I don’t when I sit down in my seat say to the person beside me “ by the way I like sleeping with woman , it would greatly enhance my chances tonight if we win today “
So why would they say I’m gay . They should come if the want to see rangers . Keep your sexuality to yourself

Just out of interest, why do your pals think they would be identified as gay in a football stadium? I'm not trying to be funny, but, I doubt I'd be able to spot anybody's sexual orientation at a game.

FBS
yup 50000 people at a game how many drag queens do you see 0
how many actual gay people i'd guess at a couple of hundred
we've had guys come out and say on this board over the years that they have a season ticket and are gay we've even got someone now whos came out as transgender and all they got was support

Fantastic stuff
I have just e-mailed mark Allen about a cracking prospect who fits the criteria
He is a black catholic, one legged dwarf with gay tendencies and ginger hair
Mark has to get with the programme as he asked me how good he was......I mean what has that got to do with it

One in ten. I doubt that very much. That's maybe what the LGBT lobbyists like to quote,but I very much doubt it. Personally I don't know anyone who is and neither do any of my crowd. Unless everyone after mankind began has all of a sudden became lgbt in the last 50 or so years

The STV news spin on this excellent initiative was predictably appalling, with the not so subtle subtext that Rangers have a sectarian problem. Stewart Robertson should have condemned the sectarian bile directed at our fans at every ground in Scotland.

That's not what I asked, though. Or what you said. You put down this latest initiative by calling it "virtue signalling". Outreach into the community - all communities - would seem basic marketing.

As for above, I agree. The Club lacks political clout. That's a serious discussion, though, and there may be a few unpalatable truths for the support as to reasons why. If the support isn't going to change in some respects, then the Club has to begin to try.

It's virtue-signalling because the accompanying text reads like PC cliché bingo.

We should be 'outreaching' as a matter of course without the need for a self-promoting fanfare. (The cynical reaction among some will always be - well, why do they need to do this?)

One of the problems with this kind of stuff is that of the following list quoted by the club: age, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and health, all are completely irrelevant to why anyone chooses to support Rangers or Celtic or Partick Thistle or any other club, with one glaring exception.

The area where there very well could be an issue - faith - cannot honestly or realistically be categorised with the others. The whole history of Rangers and Celtic revolves around the religious divide in Glasgow and surrounding areas. That divide may owe more nowadays to tribal affinity, political stances and even perceived ethnicity (in a British/Irish sense) but it simply cannot be treated as having a similar significance.

Ultimately, it is why some people hate Rangers and why some people identify with and love Rangers.

Is this blurb arguing we should think only of ourselves just as a team that plays in blue shirts?

Last edited:
Yeah mate, there is little inclusion for Proddy Loyalists at Ibrox. It must be a terribly lonely experience for you when you visit the ground.

Whilst I understand the drive behind this initiative Id say that the club should also be standing firm before the start of the season and issue guidelines for opposing fans that come into our stadium ie; our home and clearly state to them

This club will not tolerate their supporters or management being subjected to sectarian abuse.

One in ten. I doubt that very much. That's maybe what the LGBT lobbyists like to quote,but I very much doubt it. Personally I don't know anyone who is and neither do any of my crowd. Unless everyone after mankind began has all of a sudden became lgbt in the last 50 or so years
People like you are the reason the number is perceived to be so small.

Perfectly valid point which I’ve raised many times

Seems our club are only interested in promoting certain events that won’t cause offence to anyone or the media in this country

Great to see, no matter your race, religion, sexual identity or whatever everyone is a Rangers fan. No one should not feel not welcomed at Ibrox whoever you are, we're all here to support Rangers.

Except if you support the SNP.

Why should their sexuality matter . Why should they broadcast . I don’t when I sit down in my seat say to the person beside me “ by the way I like sleeping with woman , it would greatly enhance my chances tonight if we win today “
So why would they say I’m gay . They should come if the want to see rangers . Keep your sexuality to yourself

their sexuality shouldn’t and doesn’t matter but for various reasons certain groups don’t feel comfortable going to any football. Today is all about showing them that Ibrox is a welcoming place for all.

No doubt this is a positive thing, but in reality it was already this way, regardless of a campaign.
You're correct but sometimes we need to reinforce that fact publically.
Celtc and the SNP are masters at social manipulation and attempting to make themselves appealing to everyone in the broad spectrum of society (although we all know they don't really mean it) so it's right and proper that Rangers also state their case for social inclusion as for too long the afore mentioned bodies have tried to paint us as backward thinking bigots with no social conscience whatsoever.
I'm not suggesting Rangers are playing a game here but I'm happy that we're confirming publically that we're an open club that welcomes everyone and anyone that wants to support The Rangers!

I've read this post so many times and I'm still struggling to find out what it means. Do you want the club to start their own official flute band?

Theres no inclusion for heterosexual Protestants and Loyalists at Ibrox? Whit?!?

You know you have support on this one mate. Celebrate the Greatest club in the world

Do the Christmas and Easter social media shout outs just not count then?

We've got a wee LGBT pal we've been bringing to games now and again. Reckon if everyone done the same this issue would sort itself out in a matter of weeks.
FFS, did they or you think they needed protection?
You're actually suggesting that if more Rangers supporters "brought along" a wee LGBT person it would be a help?
I don't even know where to start with this!...is he or she disabled?
Nobody asks your sexual orientation at the turnstyle...whatever your race, religion or sexual orientation is, nobody actually gives a flying one!

This is really important for the club and isn’t tokenism or superficial. It’s genuine and reflects the beliefs of the vast (vast) majority of our fan base. That it doesn’t matter what you are as long as you support our team.

The fans backing in this will be a massive advantage for us going forward and i’m encouraged by the response so far!

I'm trying to buy into everyone being welcome with a shared love of Rangers being all that matters.
Religion doesn't matter.
Colour doesn't matter.
Gender doesn't matter.
Sexual preference doesn't matter (as long as it's between adults of course)
But struggling to include SNP supporters!
Only one of those groups actively wants to harm our club.

Back