Rangers flop Carlos Pena walks out on Polish side GKS Tychy and has refused to return

BlueMeanie

EX-RANGERS misfit Carlos Pena has walked out of his new club in Poland and is refusing to return...despite never kicking a ball for them.

The Mexican midfielder signed for Polish second tier outfit GKS Tychy in March, but never played because of a work permit problem.

And he has gone AWOL ahead of the new season. His last game was in October last year for Necaxa in his homeland and Tychy are refusing to release him.

A statement from the Polish outfit said: "Carlos Pena still has a contract with us until 30 June 2020.

"However, he has failed to appear for pre-season training.

"Part of his salary was paid by a private company in Mexico, who have now withdrawn their cooperation.

"However, he is clearly in breach of his contract by refusing to train.

"We want to give Carlos and his agent a clear message - termination of his contract is possible, but we are certainly not allowing him to leave for free.

The Mexican international left Rangers by mutual consent in February after a disastrous stint at Ibrox, following his £2.2 million move there

In December there were posters still thinking he would come through for us!

I've never seen such delusion, excuses and buffoonery surrounding a player as I saw on here regarding Peña.

It was widely known he was a waster and boozebag in Mexico. Then Pedro spends millions on him ffs.

It's not inconceivable to think that a player who is still relatively young and was once very, very good, could maybe knuckle down and return to form. Unfortunately for us, he didn't.

I don't really think it's fair to berate fans who hoped he could do us a turn. No one was putting the player before the club, just simply wishing he'd turn out to be a decent signing.

No one came out of this deal looking good. From Pena, to Caixinha, to the board.

ito1Auj.gif

It's not inconceivable to think that a player who is still relatively young and was once very, very good, could maybe knuckle down and return to form. Unfortunately for us, he didn't.

I don't really think it's fair to berate fans who hoped he could do us a turn. No one was putting the player before the club, just simply wishing he'd turn out to be a decent signing.

No one came out of this deal looking good. From Pena, to Caixinha, to the board.
We all hoped he'd do us a turn mate. We all hope every player will! That's different from blinding yourself and talking shite despite what you are seeing in front of your very eyes because he played for Mexico years ago. There was folk hassling a poster and accusing him of all sorts because he saw Carlos out smashing Stella shortly before a game. Delusion.

Surely that’s the end. What age is the guy, mid 20s? Maybe there’s an entry level position for him in a cartel back home. Way to screw up your life.

"Part of his salary was paid by a private company in Mexico, who have now withdrawn their cooperation.

Yeah this might not be something you want to put out there publicly given the recent changes to third party ownership rules made by FIFA.

There was an ‘amnesty’ of sorts for existing contracts for a spell but given he recently signed I’m thinking that isn’t allowed anymore.

Very good and fair summary.

Sounds like he has totally screwed his career. We were his last chance and he’s royally made a pigs ear of it.

It is crazy but you could see he was a player and had the skills to pick it back up, this could only have been done with strict training and dedication so that ruled him out.

Don’t have any care for the Polish side but hope he has just walked because he’s frustrated they’ve not been able to resolve his work permit issue and not because he’s back drinking. I’ve personal experience on dealing with addiction and it’s horrible, so I wish the guy all the best in his ongoing battle with alcohol.

Apart from being an alcoholic I thought he was absolutely shite. One game he played for us he struggled to place a 5 yard pass. I know his assists and goals stats were actually pretty good but if you can’t play a 5 yard pass what chance do you have?

Pedro should be shot at dawn for this.

Apart from being an alcoholic I thought he was absolutely shite. One game he played for us he struggled to place a 5 yard pass. I know his assists and goals stats were actually pretty good but if you can’t play a 5 yard pass what chance do you have?

Pedro should be shot at dawn for this.

Thought he was terrible as well. The "there was a player in there" thing was clearly overstated. Watching him up against Brown in the Old Firm game was soul-destroying.

Thought he was terrible as well. The "there was a player in there" thing was clearly overstated. Watching him up against Brown in the Old Firm game was soul-destroying.

We all wanted him to be the answer to all our problems. In reality he just added to them.

Total waster.

The poster is also saying "In December fans were saying"

This would be the days after he was instrumental in the 3-0 win vs Aberdeen and played well at Pittodrie the start of the month.

It didn't work, because the boy is a booze bag and has no self control, it happens.

We also had fans telling us Morelos should be sold for a million and Cumdog brought in when Gerrard arrived.

Fans in making arse of it shocker.

“Aye but his minutes to goals ratio and mins to chances created ratio”

“To clever for his team-mates”

“Rolls Royce of a player”

“There’s a player in there”

.......aye - maybe if he played in a Sunday morning pub team! Even at that, I’m not so sure that any of the above could be attributed as correct!!!

I'd love to know who scouted him, who agreed the fee for him and who agreed to the entire deal.

One of the worst signings we have ever made.

He wasn't scouted. We didn't have any scouts in place at that point.

The board put their faith in Caixinha's judgment and it backfired spectacularly.

I get you have to back your man, but doing so when they always intended to hire a DoF was gross negligence.

Back