Club Response to SD Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear as mud.

The Heart and Hand daily update said today that this is likely to rumble on for years. It’s certainly not finished yet. And there is the matter of the 3 million sdi owe us for previous years.

I don’t think we need to get bogged down with it personally. It looks like they have made a massive misjudgement. But who knows.

RANGERS would like to reassure supporters that matters concerning the litigation currently being brought against it by SDI Retail Services Limited are not as reported.
Rangers was disappointed by the terms of the recent court Judgment but respects the decision of the court and will meet any financial award made by the court.
No such award has yet been decided and at this stage Rangers does not even know how much will be sought. Contrary to some reports, the Judge has not determined that the contractual cap on damages will not apply.
Rangers would also like to reassure supporters that no steps have been taken to stop supporters being able to buy this Season’s Replica Kits.

Anyone cut and paste? I can get to the Twitter bit but maybe due to traffic, I can't get on to the link.

RANGERS would like to reassure supporters that matters concerning the litigation currently being brought against it by SDI Retail Services Limited are not as reported.
Rangers was disappointed by the terms of the recent court Judgment but respects the decision of the court and will meet any financial award made by the court.
No such award has yet been decided and at this stage Rangers does not even know how much will be sought. Contrary to some reports, the Judge has not determined that the contractual cap on damages will not apply.
Rangers would also like to reassure supporters that no steps have been taken to stop supporters being able to buy this Season’s Replica Kits.

I assume the last bit means keep buying??

This season's kits.

What about next season?
And does zero from sales this season go to Ashley?

My head hurts.

If this is indeed the case will the club take action against any blatant falsehoods reported in the gutter press?

Last sentence is a GIRUY to Ashley This pleases me.

Interesting that the Rangers statement says:

Yet the Court judgement says:

“Rangers shall not propose or agree sale dates in respect of Replica Away and Third playing kits”.

I assume we would argue that we haven’t proposed or agreed sale dates for the new kit - they are just ‘happening’. Could land us back in Court again.

Seriously that is a nothing statement.
So they are saying that the Judge hasn’t decided if the amount awared can be capped?
Certainly not what was reported…

Like someone else said ‘clear as mud’!

A disappointing number of Bears listen to the poet narrative I'm afraid.

It's what is 'out there' sadly.

You hear it from people that aren't online as much. "Oh I see Rangers are fucked again."
Really? How?

It's always pish peddled by the tramps that snowballs out of this eagerness for it to be true.

The Heart and Hand daily update said today that this is likely to rumble on for years. It’s certainly not finished yet. And there is the matter of the 3 million sdi owe us for previous years.

I don’t think we need to get bogged down with it personally. It looks like they have made a massive misjudgement. But who knows.
Pretty much what was said on here

Oh enough ffs. Ashley is absolutely pumping us red rotten here.

It’s one thing being supportive of the board , but another to blindly hang on to everything they say as having “ won” or a “ get it up you” to Ashley .

This mini-statement tonight fails to tell us if our money from buying kit will end up in the hands of SDI . For that reason , many thousands of us won’t be buying any more kit .
I appreciate their hands may be tied to some degree but this whole retail setup has been an utter shambles .

All we can do is look at our own conscience and decide from there . I’ll ensure money still goes into the club but not from any more kit purchases until this is all sorted out .

I don’t get it and never have.

We are a football club trying to sell football tops to fans.

Honestly I just don’t get it

That reads to me like let's carry on regardless . Yes, we will be found to be in breach of contract however we will pay up and then the FB can do one .

The issue I’m interested in for this whole saga is how can the court decide a level of “damages” we may be due? In particular because previous court room discussions have clearly recorded, and accepted, that the fans boycott of SD was such that little money was being made by them.
SD are toxic to us and your lucky if they’d make £1m out of us if they had the contract,

Agreed but a decent number also lap up the board as being super human when they are clearly no where near good enough in many areas.
Good enough to rescue the club from spivs

Good enough to dilute the share holding of said spivs to a pittance

Good enough to convert their loans into equity essentially leaving the club debt free

Good enough to attract and retain the services of one of the most heralded footballers post millennium in the UK as manager

Good enough to bar the majority of the Scum support from Ibrox

Clears up nothing unfortunately, but I'm assuming the club are very limited to what can be said, no reason we can't get it out through other channels though surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back