Match Thread Midtjylland v Rangers - 19:00 Thursday - RangersTV.tv Inc. UK

We are a good team, not the finished article as the lapses for their goals prove, but we have more than enough to win 55. Plenty more options in the squad, an improvement from last season. Jones, Jack and Aribo stood out for me but a very good team performance.

Tell me you wouldn’t have settled for 0-0 or 2-2.
We were second favourites tonight in a lot of eyes but this win was beyond wishful thinking.
Job done, well I wasn’t counting my chicken when three up in Lyon with five to go so, I’ll settle for same response as you.

I would've settled for either of those scores 100% mate, no doubt. But anything can happen in a one off game, they've shown they know the way to goal. I expect we'll be approaching the second leg as if the tie is 0-0.

I love the wee guy but he was booked 5 mins later, if the ref is strict it could have been the second yellow and we're back at square one. He was brilliant tonight mom by a mile I just hope he matures a bit more

To be fair I just thought he sensed the breakaway Sammy & killed the game.

A result like this takes me back to the era of the 60's and early 70's when we were able to go to places like tonight and come away with a result. Make no mistake, that was an excellent result tonight.
There are plenty of Euro teams hoping to avoid us.

No, implying we will go through, match over etc

Newcastle 0 4 Arsenal

Ended a draw.

Far too much of this stuff on these boards.
Fair enough pal ...that's. The first Proper Euro game since the older days I've actually enjoyed watchin ...and in fairness this lot are far from being Liverpool or Barca ..just enjoy ...and now we can go out at home and express ourselves with limited pressure on

Brilliant performance tonight. Loved the fight all over the pitch. Slowly coming together. Alfie was immense as was Katic. Only small gripe is Flanagan is so right footed we have no outball up the line. Well done lads so proud of you tonight as that team are no mugs.
Flanno gets his tackles in though. I do like having an enforcer at last.

The elation at going 3-0 up away from home in Europe was not only too much for me but also the team. A curiously odd 5 minutes and it's 2-3. Still didn't panic, and Scotty boy slotted the fourth to give us a clear comfort zone yet again. What a game. What a result. Not over yet. We have to finish the job at Ibrox.
Jones proved his worth tonight. Aribo was very good and well taken goal. We had to defend and attack almost in the same breath. The team showed their metal tonight. Grit, determination and taking our chances made the difference. Now lets do the same to the spoon burners on Sunday.

Fantastic result for us. Okay, two sloppy goals conceded, but nonetheless, a tremendous effort from the players. Its not finished, but surely with a professional attitude, we'll finish it at Ibrox. Well played The Rangers!

Billy Dodds has his say on a foul by Morelos that didn't even merit a booking, I didn't also see 4 or 5 players from the Danish team demanding he was booked.

Will Morelos ever learn?
FC Midtylland 2-4 Rangers
Billy Dodds
Former Scotland striker on Sportsound
Quote Message: He was late into the challenge. But the FC Midtjylland players know he's a hot head. It's not just one running in, there's four or five wanting him booked and wanting to get involved. He was a bit daft there from the Rangers striker and he needs to learn. But we've said that for the past season or two about him
He was late into the challenge. But the FC Midtjylland players know he's a hot head. It's not just one running in, there's four or five wanting him booked and wanting to get involved. He was a bit daft there from the Rangers striker and he needs to learn. But we've said that for the past season or two about him​

The elation at going 3-0 up away from home in Europe was not only too much for me but also the team. A curiously odd 5 minutes and it's 2-3. Still didn't panic, and Scotty boy slotted the fourth to give us a clear comfort zone yet again. What a game. What a result. Not over yet. We have to finish the job at Ibrox.
Jones proved his worth tonight. Aribo was very good and well taken goal. We had to defend and attack almost in the same breath. The team showed their metal tonight. Grit, determination and taking our chances made the difference. Now lets do the same to the spoon burners on Sunday.

Great summary for me.

Admit when it went 3/2 my arse collapsed, credit the players who stayed cool.

An absolutely magnificent away victory

Really enjoyed that game, credit to the Danes for having a right go in the 2nd half.
Proper football that was.
Jordan Jones, love his attitude ! A couple of times the RB got the better of him but he just kept going at him, and at him until the guy had nothing left.
Alfredo, what a game he had !! Tremendous.

Aside from that mental few minutes after we went 3 up I thought we were excellent at the back, and another display of mental strength to stop the rot and get a 4th goal. Great stuff.

Back