Good luck Ulstermen Thread

Poor conditions are not unique to Britain ! Sports are better played in good conditions. Heavy rain soaked pitches etc take away skill.
aw shut up, obvs i know that it was a reference to the pitch in the 70s and 80s

What a weird message.

NI still in this. The Swiss have missed a few half decent chances, if NI get a clear chance they need to take it. Quite a decent game considering its 0-0.

NI still in this. The Swiss have missed a few half decent chances, if NI get a clear chance they need to take it. Quite a decent game considering its 0-0.

Definitely.

They should be out of this by now but they are still in there fighting.

With a bit of luck they can do this.

Again a two footed challenge from the same player who should have apparently had the red at Windsor Park. Lucky he got the ball but it was still dangerous.

Washington needs to wise up and stop giving Switzerland a get out clause. 3 times Switzerland have had nowhere to go at the back and he's strolled across and fouled the centre half.

Some job O'Neill has done with such an ordinary group of players. This pitch isn't fit for junior football.

30 mins to go.

Surely it's time to commit some more bodies forwards?

Some job O'Neill has done with such an ordinary group of players. This pitch isn't fit for junior football.
You have to say he has gotten the best out of them. Seems that they have a really tight bunch who give their all for each other and the collective is greater than the sum of the parts.

Without it being an endorsement of him as our manager, I'd agree.

Not only the results but their composure and attempted ball retention is, for any British side club or country in an away match, remarkable.

30 mins to go.

Surely it's time to commit some more bodies forwards?

No mate they’d be picked off they’re playing to their strengths but for the non penalty they could have taken this to penalties sadly I can’t see them doing it. Such a shame.

Come on Northern Ireland.

They look the better side right now.

Hopefully an equalliser on the way

No mate they’d be picked off they’re playing to their strengths but for the non penalty they could have taken this to penalties sadly I can’t see them doing it. Such a shame.

I think they would have a chance if they gambled now! Switzerland may create a chance or two but don’t seem to have a player capable of taking one to be quite honest!

I know this has already been discussed, but that is the worst pitch I've seen for an international since the 1970's

It’s been the kind of game, despite the lack of goals, that you cannot take your eyes off.

Switzerland, if they were to see it out, will add nothing to the WC.

I would take Michael O'Neil as our new manager and he can bring Jordan Jones with him. Far better than Jamie Walker.

Back