Greg Docherty

Tough conditions but lacked any kind of vision or technical prowess against some very poor opposition. Certainly the weakest of the 6 from what I've seen this season.

I fear he is just not good enough. Can’t fault his effort, but his passing and touch are poor. Was hoping he could kick on and make it with us, but he isn’t showing that he can.

I was disappointed in Greg today, expected him to grab the opportunity and shine. If he's Jack's backup then he's miles off.

He’s got a the perfect attitude and will give his all but struggling to see where he gets minutes in an ever improving midfield. Not good enough to play for us week in week out and sadly will never be. Lacks the technical ability required!

Greg has looked good every other time he played so far this season, I think I will let him off with a poor performance on that pitch with them conditions.

Let’s keep away from being offended by the topic of discussion as it’s something that should be discussed. I thought Greg took to many touches with the two goal scoring opportunities and looked sluggish with the ground conditions as they are.
But we play in Scotland, we play on shit pitches that’s the way it is. Big fan of his but would like to see him playing every week with the reserves or bounce games if there to be played to make sure he is as sharp as he can be and get him minutes with the first team every other week. I feel he has something to offer us, the guy is solid has incredible ability and a big plus for me speaks and represents the club well but was disappointing as some big names where as well today. Kamara immediately coming to mind.

That was effectively a 2nd string, excepting Aribo, Jones, Defoe.

Guys like Docherty need to be introduced around better players to bring them on.

A raft of changes today gave us a side who havent ever played a competitive game before. Its difficult to build that intuition and understanding over 90 minutes.

He should be given minutes until January where he has some time to impress, if he is still struggling then maybe a loan then would help give him a run of games.

I think he needs to settle down, he always looks to me like he tries to do everything 100 miles per hour, almost as if he is trying too hard to impress.

I’m not convinced he’s going to make it with us, as he just seems to lack that quality on the ball. Good athlete, but unless he improves on the ball that won’t be enough.

We genuinely weren’t great today. But winning 3-0 away from home not playing great is for me a sign of things to come.

All about getting the job done horrible pitch horrible conditions rotten game to watch and players cannot be judged on this game

If you've maybe watched him in this game alone. Anyone who tracked his loan at Shrewsbury last season knows the boys got talent.

Back