Greg Docherty

3 - 0 victory on a plastic pitch,howling gale against a team of hammer throwers. I am delighted to have got a win with no injuries that i know of. Not the time to have a go at individual players in my opinion.

I like Docherty, but you do get the feeling that he's still got a good bit to go to convince Gerrard that he's good enough.

I like young Doc, however, he needs games, I think a six-month stint at another SPFL club would help, somewhere like Hearts.
I would say Kilmarnock if it wasn't for their shyte pitch.
However, a club at the top end of the league rather than the lower end.
The competition in midfield is fierce at Rangers and I cannot see him getting much game time.

Judging anybody on that park/conditions is harsh imo.

Said the same on the halliday comment on another thread.

We got through a tie which was an awful day for football, park and guys who will kick us up and down the park.

Just don’t see it with Docherty,

He’s an Athlete but is a mile off the rest of the CM we have ,

Should loan him to the championship and hopefully increase his value .

Why do we constantly do this? Throw players under the bus on the basis of what? Morelos at the tail end of last season for being assaulted by Brown and merely swinging his arm into Mongo’s chest...Some of the overwrought pish purveyed by some on here in the aftermath was quite astounding...Morelos should never pull on the jersey ever again, a total liability, get shot of him right away...I bet you’ve all changed your tune now!

Docherty has been steady since he has come back from his loan, no more no less, but has limited chances. I like the lad he’s mobile, athletic, goes past defenders and has an eye for goal and when he’s called on I think he’ll do just fine.

Bloody hell the same types were busy writing Gerrards team off in the aftermath of the game on Killies farce of a pitch. These pitches don’t suit slick, one touch pacy football, in fact it’s a leveller as Killie found to their cost against the Welsh minnows. I said at the time that we should not be judged on that pitch given our pre season and early EL performances on slick, watered early season grass pitches.

Stop rushing to judgement on players before giving them a chance, Barisic is another who has been written off at a very early stage of the season. I prefer to let our manager and his team of experts judge The suitability and standard of our players in terms of how they train and interact with the squad.

Docherty is a bear and most likely has friends and family reading this ill educated, negative crap; I wonder what that does for his confidence this early in the season...Give the boy a chance and stop looking each week for a new whipping boy, be positive and trust in our manager and his squad!

Still early doors for him yet but i don't think SG fully trusts him yet. He also looks a bit lost on the pitch as if he is overthinking where to be at all times.

The signing of Andy King will also have a negative impact on the playing time he gets this season.

He will be back up to Ryan Jack by the looks of it and SG has pretty much said he;s the first name on the team sheet.

Drops out of Euro squad

He will need to improve if he wants to stay here

He wasn’t great yesterday but the shite pitch and gale force winds didn’t help

I think the manager knows Docherty lacks that bit of quality right now. In saying that he is now 22 and at times he really seems to struggle with his control and passing. McCrorie is the one with the best chance of making it with us I feel. Watched him when he came on for Portsmouth against Sunderland and made a real impact while being played at RB never mind his own position. Love Dochertys attitude and he would do a job I guess but can see him going out on loan again.

good young player, but we need to be honest with him if he's not getting a game this season.

Personally, I'll go with Gerrard stating he wants two players for each position. So that's 6 midfielders. He's midfielder #6 at this time.

I actually think Docherty’s best position in our set-up is the forward right position. From what I’ve seen of him elsewhere his best work seems to be cutting in from those positions.

Why do we constantly do this? Throw players under the bus on the basis of what? Morelos at the tail end of last season for being assaulted by Brown and merely swinging his arm into Mongo’s chest...Some of the overwrought pish purveyed by some on here in the aftermath was quite astounding...Morelos should never pull on the jersey ever again, a total liability, get shot of him right away...I bet you’ve all changed your tune now!

Docherty has been steady since he has come back from his loan, no more no less, but has limited chances. I like the lad he’s mobile, athletic, goes past defenders and has an eye for goal and when he’s called on I think he’ll do just fine.

Bloody hell the same types were busy writing Gerrards team off in the aftermath of the game on Killies farce of a pitch. These pitches don’t suit slick, one touch pacy football, in fact it’s a leveller as Killie found to their cost against the Welsh minnows. I said at the time that we should not be judged on that pitch given our pre season and early EL performances on slick, watered early season grass pitches.

Stop rushing to judgement on players before giving them a chance, Barisic is another who has been written off at a very early stage of the season. I prefer to let our manager and his team of experts judge The suitability and standard of our players in terms of how they train and interact with the squad.

Docherty is a bear and most likely has friends and family reading this ill educated, negative crap; I wonder what that does for his confidence this early in the season...Give the boy a chance and stop looking each week for a new whipping boy, be positive and trust in our manager and his squad!

I dont think that type of football is suited to Docherty regardless of the pitch. His strengths seem to be his mobility and athleticism. I've never really seen this goal threat either. Gerrard want his mF to be able to take the ball in tight area's and hold it while keeping possession. When pressed Docherty looks the least technical of all our midfielders. He wasn't that bad on Sunday but Ive always felt a bit underwhelmed by him. Nothing personal but I can see him being pivotal for ateam like Hearts or forging a decent championship career out for himself. I hope he makes it I really do but I just cant see it. Obviously a good bear and fans favourite but for me Gerrard has seen enough and he will know more than anyone

I would love him to make it with us but he seems miles behind the other 5 options we have in there.

No lack of effort but just lacking the quality

Completely agree 100% OP.

Greg Docherty is not good enough to play for us it’s as simple as that. He lacks the quality of every other player in our midfield and I’m sorry but we can’t afford to have a weak link in there at this moment in time.

Think we should maybe offer him back to Hamilton or the likes as that’s his level imo.

Kamara gave the Ball away around 8-9 times. Several of which unforced errors. Against better opposition that gets punished. He was very hot n cold. Well tepid n cold to be closer to the truth.

Kamara wasnt dreadful, ffs, think about what your saying!!! I'll wager a bet he never even gave it away 5 times and I was at the game. Lies dont make statistics

Didn’t say he was dreadful. You were at it, I watched it and took note. It’s hardly lies. He was very wasteful.

Back