Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so bored of this eternal Kent merry-go-round, but Liverpool’s chance of selling him this summer has more or less gone (I doubt there will be suitable offers from abroad at this stage, although perhaps Klopp is still hopeful of something in that regard before the window closes for good) so loaning him out for another season is surely the only realistic option open to them, as it doesn’t appear the player features in the German’s plans.

That said, I still think we have enough players for that position as it is and the money could be better spent elsewhere.

But what is £5 million to a club like Liverpool anyway? Think of the TV and prize money they would have earned by winning the CL last season. They're obviously in the group stages again this season. We're talking tens of millions of pounds right there before they've even kicked a ball in Europe this season. Then you have the EPL TV money on top of that.
Its more to do with the regulations on Financial Fair Play. He is a product of their Youth Academy, if they let him (or others) go for buttons, it affects their spending power in the 'big' transfer market. Only need to look at Chelsea, with a transfer embargo placed upon them, they will be up sht creek without the proverbial paddle.

I already fancy us to win the league but if he signed I’d be certain of it, just need to get grezda and dodoo out and murphy and hastie a loan move.

Get us a left-back please!

Honestly not worried about Kent coming in anymore as our attacking options look very healthy already.

Has anything else happened?

We’ve went from a nothing article in a shiterag to debating whether or not he starts against the filth. Have I missed something?

We don’t need a left back, barasic, flanagagan and Halliday are fine, it’s just a case of you score 1 we will score 2, if you score 2 we will score 3, if we get Kent the midfield to front will be good enough to cope, hell I think we are good enough at the moment mid to front to deal with that scenario, Kent I think gives you a slightly different way of playing and more options , stayed off the numerous Kent threads as they done my tits in but this does look promising

I've had a nasty feeling past few days kent is signing for the parrafin lamps
I’ve often wondered where these feelings come from or if it’s look at me, I want to be controversial nonsense.
I’ve just never had those feelings so I don’t know.

Why are folk saying we dont need Kent? Surely having more good players in the squad is what it's all about.

The beggars were terrified of him last season and I for one would be delighted to get him back.

There's a difference between not needing him and not wanting him.

I'd happily have him back as more good players can never be a bad thing. I just don't think he's a necessity any more as we have a very strong attacking pool now and haven't missed him so far.

The weakest area of the team is clearly LB, with none of the three players we have for that position being more than "okay". If we're focusing effort or money on any part of the team now, I would want it to be there personally.

With regards to the potential cost of Kent the market has spoken. He is grossly over priced, far from the finished article despite being a player I like. If we want him we need to strike a hard bargain based on future achievement. We have some amount of wingers and other deadwood players on our books. In an ideal world getting rid of the dead wood and landing Kent would be the ideal. Given a choice, I would prefer to get rid of the dead wood first and foremost.

I’ve often wondered where these feelings come from or if it’s look at me, I want to be controversial nonsense.
I’ve just never had those feelings so I don’t know.

Let's be honest, it wouldn't come as any surprise to see them try it, would it?

Particularly as a GIRUY PR stunt to appease their foam-at-the-mouth fans who are grabbing pitchforks and heading to the car park.

Daily Record exclusive! I would believe the Daily Planet before them. Next the Record will be reporting that Ryan 'Clark' Kent' is Superman's alter ego and Lois Lane is holidaying in Scotland with him.
Hope it happens though. Is there any phone booths near Ibrox that could be used on 1st September?

Was not to bothered about Kent after seeing Ojo's early form but It wont hurt having him back. He will need to fight for a shirt though as Ojo's numbers are really impressive so far along with Scotty Arfield.

One huge bonus is the orks are absolutely terrified of him, one of their right backs left the club to get away from him.

With regards to the potential cost of Kent the market has spoken
Yes it has, and it's made a fool of the fok on here who were adamant there would be a host of Premier League clubs willing to spend £10m plus on him. Liverpool would have accepted any reasonable transfer bid if it came but he's overrated and overpriced, how many times have we said on this forum that you very rarely get good value from the Premier League? Even a loan would be costly.

Let's be honest, it wouldn't come as any surprise to see them try it, would it?

Particularly as a GIRUY PR stunt to appease their foam-at-the-mouth fans who are grabbing pitchforks and heading to the car park.
Kid on, put it out there, that they’re trying.
However, that’d end in failure because Kent has rejected the idea for reasons other than football etc etc.

Hopefully he’s back in a Rangers jersey before our game against them on 1st September.
Between him, Aribo and Ojo when they’re all on top form, they will rip their defence apart.

Until his name is listed on the name-printing section of gersstoreonline, believe nothing...

So glad I have held off buying the top so far by having a mental argument in my head over Arfield or Jones on the back. If Kent signs number 14 is going straight on the top I buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back