Fans Attending Legia Warsaw vs Rangers

I’m with you on that.

Seems strange that we can’t enjoy the sights and sounds of a European city without fear of being attacked.

Is that not the whole point of European trips?

If I knew I was going to be herded into a fanzine, I’d give the trio a miss and go somewhere civilised for a nice city break.

I guarantee you teams with a reputation will be recommended not to go near some areas in Glasgow when playing us.

Same applies here, just a little bit more serious.

I’m with you on that.

Seems strange that we can’t enjoy the sights and sounds of a European city without fear of being attacked.

If I knew I was going to be herded into a fanzine, I’d give the trio a miss and go somewhere civilised for a nice city break.
’Herded into a fanzine’ funny how one letter can affect a sentence. :))

This is great news indeed.

It's not that we need it done but last thing we need is getting into bother over there and having running battles with a mob who've previous for it.

It's not that us Bears can't handle ourselves it's just last thing we want is a riot or rammy.

Does the club's name no good whatsoever.

Last edited:
From what I’ve read only Ajax (around 800) have taken a large following to Legia this decade in Europe - any idea if they did a fan zone for them in 2017 please? Have seen the newspaper articles and YouTube videos about the attack on the bar full of Ajax.

I don't think Ajax had a fan zone. They were restricted in ticket numbers due to the expected trouble which happened when ADO Den Haag hools teamed up with Legia to attack Ajax. This was all continental hooligan group politics - nothing for us to worry about.

I'd prefer to keep the focus on our fans. It's a great reflection on the club that we received such a high allocation and aside from the odd moron, the fan boards here have a lot of posts talking about finally having a decent away support visit them.

I can’t be the only one who finds it hard to believe that you can’t visit one of Europe’s major capital cities for a football match, spend the day looking round the city, have a few beers and then go along to the game without the threat of being attacked? If Warsaw is that unsafe then surely UEFA should be threatening Legia with banning them from European competitions rather than spending all their time worrying about what’s being sung?

If we are to be treated like this going over there then I will be furious if next week I see Legia fans roaming about down PRW next week!

Exactly Rab.

This is Warsaw FFS, Poland is a supposed ally of the UK.

It ain't bastarding Legia Mogadishu that we are playing against!

I have been all over Europe watching Rangers in my youth and younger days and the thrill of the trip is having the night out before and then match day on the bevy in a new town. A couple of pals and I have sometimes sought to avoid the mentalness of the squares instead using local bars to chill and enjoy.

The thought of not being able to do that means I just would not be going. Takes a lot of the fun out of the party.

I can’t be the only one who finds it hard to believe that you can’t visit one of Europe’s major capital cities for a football match, spend the day looking round the city, have a few beers and then go along to the game without the threat of being attacked? If Warsaw is that unsafe then surely UEFA should be threatening Legia with banning them from European competitions rather than spending all their time worrying about what’s being sung?

If we are to be treated like this going over there then I will be furious if next week I see Legia fans roaming about down PRW next week!

And wrt passports rule I mean wtf an EU citizen can cross borders freely yet they cannot enter a venue for entertainment now without a passport .

I’d like to know if this passport shite has ever been applied at other uefa matches , anyone know ?

Hi all,

I’m a Rangers fan living in Warsaw – been living in Poland on and off since 2006. I don’t keep in touch with many folk back home so I wasn’t able to get a ticket for the away end tomorrow, but such is life.

I can confirm the game is going to be a home crowd sell-out as their website is now showing only about 10 tickets left in the family section. A sell out like this is extremely rare for Legia this season.
Legia’s ultra’s end of the ground ‘The Razor’ – is the terrace behind the goal on the north side of the stadium and the entire area directly north of the stadium towards the city centre is a no-go zone on match days.

It’s best to avoid the Powisle part of the city (eastern side of the city centre before the river) in the evenings and on game day as there are several notorious Legia pubs in that area and it’s the closest part of the city centre to the ultras end.

That said, the majority of Legia supporters are ok, so from today until about 3pm tomorrow, there shouldn’t be too much bother in the city as long as you are sensible. Fans should be ok in the old town as it’s a large tourist area, and well policed, but locals (Legia fans or not) won’t think twice about chinning someone if they spot a drunk that’s giving it laldy. Wearing colours is a bit risky – 90% will be fine and enjoy the banter, 10% won’t.

Avoid any temptation to travel away from the city centre as every suburb has a battalion – I know it sounds ridiculous but I’m not exaggerating, their hooligans have a very strictly enforced structure. Absolutely avoid crossing the river with any colours, its bandit country. Because it’s a one-team city (nobody openly supports Polonia Warszawa) Legia fans move through the city from every corner so just be vigilant when enjoying the cheap 6% beer.

Legia’s stadium is right next to the ‘diplomatic quarter’ with numerous embassy’s including the British one which is about 300m away from the Fan Zone, so it’s a heavily monitored area. The police will be more focused on the Legia fans and won’t give you any problems.

Warsaw is not really a tourist town but food is good and beer is cheap. There are over 40 craft beer pubs in the city if that’s your thing (http://ontap.pl/?city=warszawa&type=1&view=map) and they have zero problems with visitors.

Uber is here so I’d recommend using them to get around. They don’t mind if you ride in the front of the Uber as it avoids attention from Taxi drivers. You’ll notice on game day a lot of the Taxis have Legia flags on them. Most of the Uber drivers will probably be Ukrainian – not that it matters.

Change your money at local exchange places called ‘Kantor’s. Avoid the airport exchange if you can. It’s common to receive a lower rate for Scottish pounds than English ones, so don’t be surprised.
Also, you often only get the listed rate if your changing ~400quid…so pool your money together for the best rate. You shouldn’t be getting much less than 4.73 PLN for your English notes (http://www.777.com.pl). Look for the Skup or Kupno rates (Buy rates). Try to get 50's and 20's.

Most pubs and restaurants prefer cards, but cash is always handy – especially for leaving tips and buying kebabs

There are 24 hour storage lockers in the Central Railway (Dworzec Centralny) station but it’s hit and miss.

I’ve lived in Warsaw for over 3 years and never had a problem – and I’d love it if every Rangers fan went home with good memories of their trip here.

If you have any specific questions about Warsaw, I’ll try answer them.

Cheers.
Great post mate and appreciated

And wrt passports rule I mean wtf an EU citizen can cross borders freely yet they cannot enter a venue for entertainment now without a passport .

I’d like to know if this passport shite has ever been applied at other uefa matches , anyone know ?

Often hear that to be fair, World Cup was basically that in Russia although obviously not UEFA ran. You are meant to always have ID on you full stop anyway these days, can be a pain in the neck even booking in Hotels in Britain now without it or even using trains in Europe at times with pre booked tickets. Probably won’t even be checked mind.

I’m with you on that.

On the other hand, if there was no warnings or advice for fans and things went wrong. Everybody would be on moaning that the fans weren't looked after etc. Nobody is "herding" you into anywhere but do as you wish at your own risk!

Better to be safe than sorry I would take on board the advice if I was going.
I was in Germany for years and they and the Polish is mental hatred so if Hamburg lads going do your best Jock accent like you did in Munster 2008 when I met loads of you.

Stay safe all and stick together!

I hope the Fanzone is secure and supporters have no issues getting to/from. Good luck to all!

Should be a great atmosphere in the ground, though, and at Ibrox next week. I assume the Legia ultras would at least acknowledge and respect that.

Downside of not having a National ID card I imagine?

I guess the enhanced security of the match requires this. Just to make sure that those entering the away end are who they say they are. The local plod don’t want a few Legia bans trying to get and start kicking off.

It seems as if this particular club have a terrible problem with the scum that pretend to support them.

I along with a million scots voted for Brexit the HOC failed to carry out the wishes of the British people.
HoC invoked Article 50 but cant a find a way to leave in an orderly fashion. 3 years have gone by and we only have only more and more confusion. Economic chaos on our doorstep.
Brexit threatens to split up my family giving 3 of us different status' and potentially a difficult future, so I make no excuses for my sensitivity on the subject. I stand by my initial reaction to what I saw as an offensive and derogatory comment.

Tougherthanbullets definitely not living up to his moniker name :)):eek:
I didnt realise monikers had to be a personal reflection of the individual. Neither did I think Follow Follow would be populated by so many fantasists. Are you really rangers No1 ? WTF does that even mean ?

If you dont know what my moniker refers to, your not much of a Bear.

I was thinking that way myself.Safety is paramount but surely a visit to an EU country should be an opportunity to visit any city with a sense of security or are we treated differently. And I don't understand why you need your passport to gain entry to a football match. Anyway keep safe bears and come back safely and happy after enjoying,hopefully,a great trip

I didnt realise monikers had to be a personal reflection of the individual. Neither did I think Follow Follow would be populated by so many fantasists. Are you really rangers No1 ? WTF does that even mean ?

If you dont know what my moniker refers to, your not much of a Bear.

Calm down sweetheart I was merely having a laugh.

Despite everything in place I still think these Polish twats will still try and get to Rangers fans and can see loads of trouble from them, pretty sure also their fanzone isn't to far away from our own, their reputation shouldn't be ignored.

I also think given this reputation their ticket allocation for the return leg at Ibrox should be vastly reduced, last thing we want is thousands of them swarming all over attacking anyone and everyone and swat the cops to the side, they also seem to cause more trouble away from home in large numbers.

Anyone thinking the cops will have total control and everyone being safe is silly.

Good tie but the downside is the fans of this club who won't take prisoners and freely take liberty's with people, but if it does all kick off you don't need to guess who'll get the blame of it. Hope everything goes smoothly but i seriously doubt it given the large scum element in their support.
Stay safe people.

Hi all,

I’m a Rangers fan living in Warsaw – been living in Poland on and off since 2006. I don’t keep in touch with many folk back home so I wasn’t able to get a ticket for the away end tomorrow, but such is life.

I can confirm the game is going to be a home crowd sell-out as their website is now showing only about 10 tickets left in the family section. A sell out like this is extremely rare for Legia this season.
Legia’s ultra’s end of the ground ‘The Razor’ – is the terrace behind the goal on the north side of the stadium and the entire area directly north of the stadium towards the city centre is a no-go zone on match days.

It’s best to avoid the Powisle part of the city (eastern side of the city centre before the river) in the evenings and on game day as there are several notorious Legia pubs in that area and it’s the closest part of the city centre to the ultras end.

That said, the majority of Legia supporters are ok, so from today until about 3pm tomorrow, there shouldn’t be too much bother in the city as long as you are sensible. Fans should be ok in the old town as it’s a large tourist area, and well policed, but locals (Legia fans or not) won’t think twice about chinning someone if they spot a drunk that’s giving it laldy. Wearing colours is a bit risky – 90% will be fine and enjoy the banter, 10% won’t.

Avoid any temptation to travel away from the city centre as every suburb has a battalion – I know it sounds ridiculous but I’m not exaggerating, their hooligans have a very strictly enforced structure. Absolutely avoid crossing the river with any colours, its bandit country. Because it’s a one-team city (nobody openly supports Polonia Warszawa) Legia fans move through the city from every corner so just be vigilant when enjoying the cheap 6% beer.

Legia’s stadium is right next to the ‘diplomatic quarter’ with numerous embassy’s including the British one which is about 300m away from the Fan Zone, so it’s a heavily monitored area. The police will be more focused on the Legia fans and won’t give you any problems.

Warsaw is not really a tourist town but food is good and beer is cheap. There are over 40 craft beer pubs in the city if that’s your thing (http://ontap.pl/?city=warszawa&type=1&view=map) and they have zero problems with visitors.

Uber is here so I’d recommend using them to get around. They don’t mind if you ride in the front of the Uber as it avoids attention from Taxi drivers. You’ll notice on game day a lot of the Taxis have Legia flags on them. Most of the Uber drivers will probably be Ukrainian – not that it matters.

Change your money at local exchange places called ‘Kantor’s. Avoid the airport exchange if you can. It’s common to receive a lower rate for Scottish pounds than English ones, so don’t be surprised.
Also, you often only get the listed rate if your changing ~400quid…so pool your money together for the best rate. You shouldn’t be getting much less than 4.73 PLN for your English notes (http://www.777.com.pl). Look for the Skup or Kupno rates (Buy rates). Try to get 50's and 20's.

Most pubs and restaurants prefer cards, but cash is always handy – especially for leaving tips and buying kebabs

There are 24 hour storage lockers in the Central Railway (Dworzec Centralny) station but it’s hit and miss.

I’ve lived in Warsaw for over 3 years and never had a problem – and I’d love it if every Rangers fan went home with good memories of their trip here.

If you have any specific questions about Warsaw, I’ll try answer them.

Cheers.
Great post mate. All rangers fans travelling greatly appreciate information like this

Better to be safe than sorry I would take on board the advice if I was going.
I was in Germany for years and they and the Polish is mental hatred so if Hamburg lads going do your best Jock accent like you did in Munster 2008 when I met loads of you.

Stay safe all and stick together!
I done a contract in the Polish Club just off Sauchiehall St in the early eighties. The Poles, especially the older guys, were brand new and have a genuine affinity for this country.

However thier hatred for the Germans was intense.

I done a contract in the Polish Club just off Sauchiehall St in the early eighties. The Poles, especially the older guys, were brand new and have a genuine affinity for this country.

However thier hatred for the Germans was intense.

It’s something I never knew about until spending time in Germany and when the WC was on met a lot of German hooligans that boasted about fighting the Polish.
They detest each other off the scale hatred.

It’s something I never knew about until spending time in Germany and when the WC was on met a lot of German hooligans that boasted about fighting the Polish.
They detest each other off the scale hatred.
I believe it has something to do with Razing Warsaw to the ground.

Well done to @Greg Marshall , all bears straight to the fanzone and out home after game . It’s a time for backing the team , beers but a cool head , clearly not one for taking over pubs or a town “ square “ as is tradition . Some places will welcome it but we adapt when it isn’t suitable .

I’m with you on that.

I was working in Edinburgh when they played the mentally challengeds, it is no exaggeration too say their were hundreds of young , fit poles milling around wanting to fight. When they come to Glasgow they will go where they want

Well done to @Greg Marshall , all bears straight to the fanzone and out home after game . It’s a time for backing the team , beers but a cool head , clearly not one for taking over pubs or a town “ square “ as is tradition . Some places will welcome it but we adapt when it isn’t suitable .
Except about 500 will be staying over in Warsaw post game. Straight home to bed? No chance.

Despite everything in place I still think these Polish twats will still try and get to Rangers fans and can see loads of trouble from them, pretty sure also their fanzone isn't to far away from our own, their reputation shouldn't be ignored.

I also think given this reputation their ticket allocation for the return leg at Ibrox should be vastly reduced, last thing we want is thousands of them swarming all over attacking anyone and everyone and swat the cops to the side, they also seem to cause more trouble away from home in large numbers.

Anyone thinking the cops will have total control and everyone being safe is silly.

Good tie but the downside is the fans of this club who won't take prisoners and freely take liberty's with people, but if it does all kick off you don't need to guess who'll get the blame of it. Hope everything goes smoothly but i seriously doubt it given the large scum element in their support.
Stay safe people.
I know this a Rangers forum and i am only a guest but really this reference to Poles is not called for.Its exactly the attitude that creates problems, not all Poles are 'twats' , so i find it sad to read this.I agree with the sentiment that all the fans going over there have a good time.

I know this a Rangers forum and i am only a guest but really this reference to Poles is not called for.Its exactly the attitude that creates problems, not all Poles are 'twats' , so i find it sad to read this.I agree with the sentiment that all the fans going over there have a good time.

I think when people say stuff like that they are referring to these Legia types all over the internet right now trying to act the hard man, saying they are going to fight us, steal flags etc.
Not Poles in general.

I think when people say stuff like that they are referring to these Legia types all over the internet right now trying to act the hard man, saying they are going to fight us, steal flags etc.
Not Poles in general.
yes, you are right.ILots of poles have settled well in the UK and the vast majority integrate easily, i have a few friends who are dating Polish girls and one even got married recently to a polish girl.
The overwhelming majority of Poles have no issue with Brits, there will always be a minority who spoil it.

Back