Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

Wtf would we blame anyone else for this should it happen? Who gives a flying one who reported it, whether it's fare or uefa or anyone else? The can't report on something that doesn't happen but we all know fine that it does and at every game and so it gets reported.
Been saying for years the support needs to wake the hell up and catch up with reality. These add-ons have no place at the club and will cost us dearly.

Guarantee any fine or closure will be dealt with those singing as provocation to sing even more because "%^*& them" and"I'll do what I want".

Perhaps we should just run roughshod over their Financial Fair Play rules and make a mockery of their competition instead and get a slap on the wrist like the big boys.

I’m not defending the signing but that’s a farce of a punishment with 6 days notice when you consider some of the disgraceful stuff they have let go in recent years.

Done up by FARE again.

We will now have the scottish press wanting SFA and SPFL to implement similar rules to UEFA.

For what its worth, i think its a joke.

We do really love shooting ourselves in the feet.

We had messages on here, on Twitter and H&H saying FARE will be at the game so don't take give them anything.

As for people asking what is banned etc. Use your brain. It's quite easy to figure out, anything with "19th Century Terrorist" or anything to do with religion.

I honestly think some people need their hand held through all their life with everything spelled out for them.

Now some punters on here will not be able to attend the biggest game of our season next week for something they took no part in.

This has been in the post since last season. An absolute stitch up. The punishment seems extremely harsh considering the mob across the city seemed to receive fines left, right and centre for fan behaviour in previous years.

I missed the game but my Dad said it was low key, and as far from a 'poisonous atmosphere' as would be possible.

I also have a colleague who went and 100% disputes the 'racism' angle and has no idea what UEFA can mean.

Why can't we appeal?

Ask who grassed us off, what stand, what song, who was offended and what racism was heard from the fans?

I want to know why the club haven’t questioned UEFA motives in the statement

First offence in years and a stand closure

Yet the bheasts have had double figure offences and slaps on the wrist

We need to know what songs caused this. According to the main site it is due to sectarian and racist songs. We can argue all day about what songs are sectarian but racist?

We do really love shooting ourselves in the feet.

We had messages on here, on Twitter and H&H saying FARE will be at the game so don't take give them anything.

As for people asking what is banned etc. Use your brain. It's quite easy to figure out, anything with "19th Century Terrorist" or anything to do with religion.

I honestly think some people need their hand held through all their life with everything spelled out for them.

Now some punters on here will not be able to attend the biggest game of our season next week for something they took no part in.
I get your point, but many in our support dont use their brains re stuff like this and need it spelled out in capital letters

This makes no sense.

If the story is true and we are going to be hit with a punishment today then any announcement would have been today regardless.

You think UEFA care if they get beat by AIK or not?
I meant the Scottish press, or have uefa got their own daily newspaper!

If it can be identified what section of Ibrox the singing originated from they should close that section

So, Celtic commit numerous issues and get pissy little fines. We get accused of singing a sectarian song and we get a bit of a stand closed.

Now, if the fans were singing sectarian songs then those responsible deserve their balls fucking booted. However, if the board stand back and allow this to go unchallenged then they also deserve their fucking balls booted. The punishment does not fit the crime and there is no constancy here.

How is it a witch hunt if we've been told time and time again not to sing those songs. we've been warned but continue to ignore. Folk that continue to sing the songs despite the warnings are the ones that should be told to pay the fine instead of the club.

Are you for real?!?! Do you know anything about FARE?

Who exactly was offended by these songs? Can you explain it to me? The floor is yours...

So the mentally challengeds can unfurl a banner being self proclaimed “19th Century Terrorist Army” and when someone sings 19th Century Terrorist bastards they are now offended

They can’t have it both ways

It’s either offensive or it’s not

Also what about the “Unrepentant 19th Century Terrorist Bastards” logos that they wear as a badge of honour

A decent lawyer should drive a bus through this arguement

If we were singing Up to Our Knees in Catholic’s blood then that would be offensive but 19th Century Terrorists were attacking the British Army and killing British citizens in a war against the British state

Lawyer up and take UEFA head on

This is a social issue and until the Scot Govt realises and admits that apartheid schooling is festering the boil in our society then this issue will never be eradicated

If FARE are reporting us every game, have we also been reported for the 2nd and 3rd round qualifiers?

Are they going to kick us out of the competition? This is a disgrace.

Also, the club should be very clear in a statement about what is unacceptable. After Vilareal there was talk of a banned list but it was never shared widely resulting in people thinking it didnt exist

Spell it out for the hard of thinking in our support

It's been fairly obvious to most since Villareal, blows my mind how anyone needs a reminder.

Farcical punishment, between the eastern block neo nazis and the crazy turks and missiles from all over Europe. We get a partial stadium closure for one word in a song. Absolute lunacy

I imagine the club will attempt to stick the blame on UB, as they’re an easy target.

Dangerous as no doubt the atmosphere on Thursday will suffer.

If it can be identified what section of Ibrox the singing originated from they should close that section

You are basically saying the Union Bears/Blue Order etc. Yes they sing the songs but others join in. Cant just punish one section.

Folks pretending they don't know what they can and cannot sing are taking the piss. Also, to suggest that if we stop singing one song they'll just pick on another has to be the lamest excuse ever. I'll never understand why there are people in our support who still want to sing about catholics/19th Century Terrorists and the pope.

We could start an organisation like FARE and target Celtic games?

Sure. At best we'd be getting them punished in the same way as we are punished.

Meanwhile, we are still being fined, having areas of the ground closed etc.

Everything regarding us doesn't always have to be about them too.
There's a double standard here but at the end of the day we are the ones who are responsible for ourselves.

This has felt inevitable and as soon as we were looking like we would get back on our feet the attacks were likely to increase.

The facts of the situation are that specific songs were either sung or not sung.
If they were and we were warned then there is really no defense.
"Yes we are guilty but what about them" is not a good defense of us, really.

No interested in whataboutery, some idiots in our fanbase have shot ourselves in the foot.

In order to move forward though the club needs to be fully transparent about what is and isn’t acceptable.

And anyone who breaches that or puts the club at risk of action should be banned from Ibrox for life.

This should be a huge wake up call.

Back