We have to drown out TBB with boos

El Toro

Never thought i would say this i grew loving this song it was our anthem. But Rangers comes first and its not acceptable to sing this ever again. If some drunk wee neds start singing this on Thursday we as a support need to show we dont accept it and boo. Sing Rangers songs loud and proud bit not this crap anymore. Rangers first always.

Never thought i would say this i grew loving this song it was our anthem. But Rangers comes first and its not acceptable to sing this ever again. If some drunk wee neds start singing this on Thursday we as a support need to show we dont accept it and boo. Sing Rangers songs loud and proud bit not this crap anymore. Rangers first always.
Never thought I’d read this. A horrible thought.

Booing our former anthem? No, I just couldn’t do it. I’ve refrained from singing it for years but booing it just sounds horrific.

We went a good period without singing it and it’s had a relaunch this last couple of years. We are capable, but we have this “defiance” attitude and it’s now severely harming us.

It's not just the billy boys though is it? If it was just this, chances are the club would have come out again and said stop singing TBB. The issue will be with alot more than just TBB.

I remember when UEFA were going after us the last time and TBB was started up, it was booed then. Well, not the song but the people singing it.

I know we are to ignore the other mob from the East... but chances are

1. Celtc fans will sing The Billy Boys in defiance and mockery

2. Celtc fans will have a banner next week, if not this week, with the word 19th Century Terrorist on it - in mockery again or support of themselves

Unbelievable!!!
Why not change couple of words that offend the little delicate flowers?
No ban the song!
In fact just ban all songs for rangers supporters.
Pandering to the catholic’s that’s what they want!
I’ve not got a problem with changing words but banning every song that mentions pope,19th Century Terrorist and wat ever else offends them which is everything .its not alright way me!
Ooohhh whataboutery!!
Well sorry but it can’t be all one way!!! Level playing field for all.

Too many people having a stroke (not the medical kind) over the opportunity to show their woke credentials to the 'Dinosaur support' who have followed the team for decades.
It’s nothing to do with being woke (a term that I fucking hate). It’s knowing not to do something that harms the club that we all love.

This isn’t a fight we are going to win. The time for fighting was over a decade ago - the club capitulated. There is nothing to be gained by singing TBB.

Last edited:
I know we are to ignore the other mob from the East... but chances are

1. Celtc fans will sing The Billy Boys in defiance and mockery

2. Celtc fans will have a banner next week, if not this week, with the word 19th Century Terrorist on it - in mockery again or support of themselves

So what if they sing it?
As long as were not that's the main thing.
We need to deal with our own house first

If anyone thinks the songs are going to be cut out, or drowned out by boos, take a look at the threads on Rangers Media.
I can see us being kicked out of Europe this season, and I think that's the plan from UEFA.

And FWIW, I don't see how FTP can be classed as sectarian, or anything about the IRA. However, it's not really relevant to Rangers is it?

So what if they sing it?
As long as were not that's the main thing.
We need to deal with our own house first

I get that, 100%

My point was more about them singing it to get us into trouble, or try to, or be tarnished further. I wasnt clear

It’s nothing to do with being woke (a term that I fucking hate). It’s knowing not to do something that harms the club that we all love.

This isn’t a fight we are going to win. The time for fighting was over a decade ago - the club capitulated. There is nothing to be gained by signing TBB.
I agree that we should bin the song if that is what resulted in the UEFA charge (I'm pretty sure it was?). It doesn't matter if you hate the word, as long as you understand its meaning. Which you do.

Unbelievable!!!
Why not change couple of words that offend the little delicate flowers?
No ban the song!
In fact just ban all songs for rangers supporters.
Pandering to the catholic’s that’s what they want!
I’ve not got a problem with changing words but banning every song that mentions pope,19th Century Terrorist and wat ever else offends them which is everything .its not alright way me!
Ooohhh whataboutery!!
Well sorry but it can’t be all one way!!! Level playing field for all.

If uefa say it is what you going to do?

It's not just the billy boys though is it? If it was just this, chances are the club would have come out again and said stop singing TBB. The issue will be with alot more than just TBB.

TBB shouldn't be a problem now, it should have been amended years ago when the imaginary letter from Uefa banning the tune was invented.

Instead the Club and the supporters associations gave it a body swerve, in essence saying just don't sing it, that was never going to happen and it never will.

It needs sorted, personally don't think anything is wrong with it but can live with one changed word, if meaningful discussion on it is brought forward I believe the other songs in question could be nullified as no one really cares that much for them, but I repeat, TBB will never go away.

I look forward to you posting up pictures of your black eyes

I’ll never boo TBB, and I’ll never let uefa or anyone else change the meaning of the ‘f’ word to suit their agenda.

Saying that, there are better times to sing these songs than at a football match. It’s really not that hard not to sing a song.

Away and boo yersel capisce.

I'll never boo that song.

I would like the club to say we will tell the supporters must change the words or they’ll b banned from Ibrox.
Ooohhh let’s just ban simply the best, follow follow while we re at it eh !!!!!!!!

aye, yeah think everyone will start singing the right words? Remember the wee book that went out years ago with the right words to the songs?!

Sing it and its strike 2 regardless if we boo

You say this but the whole stadium will be singing it on the 1st September.

The amount of hypocrites on here today is astounding.
Astounds me the amount of folk on here pretending they don’t sing it, and its all down to UB.

I know most on here probably don’t actually go to games, but either I’m going nuts or I heard it belted out by the full stadium multiple times last season.

We all love belting out the party songs guys but time moves on, I LOVE Rangers more than I like belting out these outdated anthems.

Let’s get our club back to the top where we belong, dragging us into the gutter is going to kill us. We are up against it enough. Screw the fucking nut guys.

Astounds me the amount of folk on here pretending they don’t sing it, and its all down to UB.

I know most on here probably don’t actually go to games, but either I’m going nuts or I heard it belted out by the full stadium multiple times last season.

You did mate because I heard it too. The UB will be the scapegoat and it also gives the club the excuse they’ve been craving not to install any safe standing.

We need to keep singing this songs and focus on exposing the attacks on us as bigoted campaign of hate against us and their motives.We can't give in. We have to fight them .This isnt't fair or acceptable.

And the celtic fans will be smiling from ear to ear when they hear it. They will be hoping and praying we sing about 19th Century Terrorist blood so they can record it and plaster it all over social media.

I posted on another thread a while back people need to stop moaning about it because it isn’t harming the club. Now it I take back what I said and sadly agree now people have the right to moan it is harming the club.

Why would booing it make a difference? FARE are waiting to hear as few as a single supporter singing it, so they can report back that our support as a collective are bigots, so that they can then ban us.

It doesn’t matter if the overall majority behave, we’re being systematically targeted here and being asked to be held to account for something that’s impossible for us to either police or control.

We've all sang it so there is no use in pointing fingers at each other. What is absolutely clear now is the song has to be binned immediately for the good of the club. That isn't up for debate.

I suppose I’m a hypocrite as I have sang it, I loved it singing it but I don’t and won’t be singing it anymore.

It needs left in the past.

The reputation and status of the club means more than a song.

Too many people having a stroke (not the medical kind) over the opportunity to show their woke credentials to the 'Dinosaur support' who have followed the team for decades.

Maybe it’s just folk that would rather the necessary changes were made to benefit the Club, rather than coming across as petulant wanks that want to do whatever they like regardless of the consequences because they’ve followed the team ‘for decades’.

Woke? %^*& off with this pish. 3000 of our fans will be locked out on Wednesday and we've been told we could be booted out of the tournament if it continues. Some of us only care about Rangers football club being as strong as we can be.

Back