This is what they wanted.

Gaz030191

Let's for a second imagine uefa and FARE, along with celtic and hollicom are behind this as some people are saying... Then job done, as look at this board today.

We're playing our best football in years, mounting a real challenge, bringing new life to the club and for the first time in a long time they're scared.

Rather than bickering about the board standing up for the fans, or what can we/can't we sing, it's times like today we need to stand together and remember we're all in this as one.

Nobody likes us, we don't care? Well let's make sure things like this don't divide our support who have been amazing this year in backing the team.

We will get 55, It will break them, but we all need to stick together to make sure the team get there with our help.

This is just the beginning of what they want. If anyone attempts to 'self-police' their fellow fans, then we'll really see some shit.
So by your train of thought we just carry on doing wtf we want.No one has to self police anything.If youre a moron who wants to continue singing songs that will eventually get us expelled from euro comps,points deductions and ultimately see our manager f*ck off you dont love your club.However if you're a fan who backs the team by singing songs about the club without using any words deemed offensive then no one has to self police anyone.Think that's pretty simplistic.And I'm using the word you in a general sense not you personally.

So by your train of thought we just carry on doing wtf we want.No one has to self police anything.If youre a moron who wants to continue singing songs that will eventually get us expelled from euro comps,points deductions and ultimately see our manager f*ck off you dont love your club.However if you're a fan who backs the team by singing songs about the club without using any words deemed offensive then no one has to self police anyone.Think that's pretty simplistic.
I am saying that attempts to self-police by fans could lead to the type of scenes that will really damage the club. DO you not agree?
I advised we stop singing BB so can virtuously shake my fist at the imaginary strawman you describe alongside you.

Anybody on Thursday night who attempts to mention the pope, 19th Century Terrorist or the billy boys should rightly be told to shut the fck up.
Why should we stop mentioning the Pope because we were charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist? Genuine question. I agree with you on all things related to the word 19th Century Terrorist.

I am saying that attempts to self-police by fans could lead to the type of scenes that will really damage the club. DO you not agree?
I advised we stop singing BB so can virtuously shake my fist at the imaginary strawman you describe alongside you.
I agree self policing wont work.Fans would just get told to gtf.This is where the club must step in and hire either a security company or the like to remove offenders.Zero tolerance.Its not up to me or you to tell c*nts to shut up.

Shot ourselves in the foot. Cut it out, play football the way we believe this team can and ram it down their throats.

Someone in another post said that this was how it feels to be nailed to the floor. Just such a pity that it was ourselves that provided the hammer. There was enough warnings and it never sunk in to a lot of the support.

Only some people can’t see how this is a wee devious plan. All the shit in the world and we get dug up for 19th Century Terrorist.
It’s been well established and reported today how this happened.

Hollicom had nothing to do with it.

The constant conspiracy theories on here regarding them are Mac Giolla Bhain-esque.

Someone in another post said that this was how it feels to be nailed to the floor. Just such a pity that it was ourselves that provided the hammer. There was enough warnings and it never sunk in to a lot of the support.

Agreed. I seen someone saying we can use this to reform as a support and I agree with that.

Rangers is more than a way of life for most fams, we need to cut this out so we can thrive as uefa ain’t gonna let this go.

Absolutely drop the fck the pope bit but the only way to get it noticed how ridiculous this is would be to keep mentioning the word 19th Century Terrorist!

When the questions are asked then just point out that apparently they are the 19th Century Terrorist army so what’s the problem?

Then bring to attention the songs about an illegal terrorist organisation which get bandied about at saville house and not like some of our songbook which involves heroes of the First World War and a knight of the realm!

Back to the 70's with fighting among ourselves.

Leave that stuff to mentally challenged on mentally challenged.

I am not saying I approve of it, I'd be horrified. I'd bet, however, that a large percentage of 'self-policing' efforts won't go the way the person enacting it intends.

Absolutely drop the fck the pope bit but the only way to get it noticed how ridiculous this is would be to keep mentioning the word 19th Century Terrorist!

When the questions are asked then just point out that apparently they are the 19th Century Terrorist army so what’s the problem?

Then bring to attention the songs about an illegal terrorist organisation which get bandied about at saville house and not like some of our songbook which involves heroes of the First World War and a knight of the realm!

The 19th Century Terrorists killed and are still killing people.

They aided and abetted to let the Germans in the backdoor in the second world war from Eire into Belfast to attack the shipyards.

They urged all Roman Catholic and republican communities to oppose any peace talks but blew up Omagh killing anyone that day.

This is the 19th Century Terrorist.

It's what they and a lot more closer to home wanted and we handed it to them on a plate. We were warned.

Why should we stop mentioning the Pope because we were charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist? Genuine question. I agree with you on all things related to the word 19th Century Terrorist.

Well answer the question, what place does FTP, TBB and an assortment of other sectarian songs have at football grounds when Rangers are in attendance?

We might just be the one and only support in whole World who can sing from 1st to 90th minute and not one song is a genuine club song, we think singing anti Catholic songs is something to be proud of. Always found this very strange.

Well answer the question, what place does FTP, TBB and an assortment of other sectarian songs have at football grounds when Rangers are in attendance?

We might just be the one and only support in whole World who can sing from 1st to 90th minute and not one song is a genuine club song, we think singing anti Catholic songs is something to be proud of. Always found this very strange.
I've never got it either - my old man would consider himself a staunch prod despite having never went to church outwith the usual forced occasions.

Can I just remind you staunch lot that whether protestant, Catholic, methodist, presbyterian, Episcopalian, or any of the multiple offshoots of the free church, you are all worshipping the same God from the same Bible, just with different ways to do it. Not only that, but how is any of your behaviour in any way consistent with the teachings of your chosen faith?

Grow up.

It's a nice sentiment but we can only stand together behind strong leadership with a definite direction.
Not directed at you in particular Zapp.

However,
We've got multiple comments across today's myriad threads which say we're waiting for leadership. Why are you waiting for someone else to do it for you. Stop waiting and be the leader you want to see.

Why should we mention the Pope , 90% of Rangers supporters are non religious yet we think we are some sort of moral crusaders. Mentioned many times that in 50 years of following Rangers I have yet to meet someone who goes to church on a Sunday. Religion is stupidity beyond belief, there are no sky fairies sitting on clouds judging us. That stuff ceased to be relevant 500 years ago.

Not directed at you in particular Zapp.

However,
We've got multiple comments across today's myriad threads which say we're waiting for leadership. Why are you waiting for someone else to do it for you. Stop waiting and be the leader you want to see.

This has to be club-led mate. If I was Dave King then I'd accept the challenge. I'm nobody and have no sway or clout in our support. It needs leadership from the very front. I'm happy to back them.

I agree self policing wont work.Fans would just get told to gtf.This is where the club must step in and hire either a security company or the like to remove offenders.Zero tolerance.Its not up to me or you to tell c*nts to shut up.
No but If someone was to complaint to a steward or police officer it would I'd never go down that road personally but there will be people out there who will and if people are getting pulled out there seats then banned it will make people think. I hope it never comes to this and people wise up. But what you can't factor Is for is the odd drunken rocket who gets a ticket by chance and shouts what they want without a care that I'm afraid will always happen

There is gonna be an All Out Civil War in this country if they dare try this shit with Us.

There's gonna be some serious disorder eventually.

Slowly but surely Protestant and Loyalist culture is being eradicated in this country bit by bit.

And I'm not for one second condoning the Moon Howlers in our support who don't help us with the add ons etc.

Get a fkn grip with the songs. For years on here posters have warned about the add ons/ pope/ bobby the worlds greatest dieter and the big bad 19th Century Terrorist word. Let’s smarten up and leave these for sash bashes etc.
We are the people so let’s show them we are better than this.

Shot ourselves in the foot. Cut it out, play football the way we believe this team can and ram it down their throats.

What do you mean by shot ourselves on the foot?

See this p1sh you are talking about? Can you point me to a post you made in the aftermath of that match that YOU made saying we could potentially be in trouble?

Can you point me to threads in the following days that said we were getting it for singing a naughty song?

I think you're going to be found wanting.

I stand to be corrected.

We are in dungeon deep because of our management.

We shouldn't allow UNFARE in our stadium.

But then again, a proper management would have been monitoring and 'dossiering' these vermin from day one.

Look at the success and rich history we have. Look at the players we’ve had play for us over the years. Let’s have songs on those subjects. Take a leaf out of Man Uniteds book. They still sing passionately about the players they’ve had over the years. I’m afraid some of the songs we’ve been singing have given our enemies an open goal and today they have scored

See this p1sh you are talking about? Can you point me to a post you made in the aftermath of that match that YOU made saying we could potentially be in trouble?

Can you point me to threads in the following days that said we were getting it for singing a naughty song?

I stand to be corrected.

But then again, a proper management would have been monitoring and 'dossiering' these vermin from day one.
You cant refuse them entry to the stadium.

You'd be sanctioned if you did, same as if you missed a drugs test.

Anyone who didn’t think it would end like this really hasn’t been listening or thinking.

Talk of FARE, enemies, what Celtic do is no more than deflection and a failure to face up to the facts of the rules of the competition.

It would be nice to blame others but there really is no one else to blame. It’s time for our support to smarten up and stop handing ammunition to those that despise us.

Look at the success and rich history we have. Look at the players we’ve had play for us over the years. Let’s have songs on those subjects. Take a leaf out of Man Uniteds book. They still sing passionately about the players they’ve had over the years. I’m afraid some of the songs we’ve been singing have given our enemies an open goal and today they have scored
We will never surrender.
Wise up song choice and make it louder.
The timing stinks with this decision.
But it's a wake up call so let's go for their throats in a non offending way if possible.
WATP
And they know it.

I stand to be corrected.

It’s been on the cards for a while. We were warned years ago about singing the Billy Boys and for a good while it wasn’t getting sung at Ibrox but over the past few years it’s been getting sung more and more. So, aye, we have shot ourselves in the foot and the fans who sing it only have themselves to blame.

Can you explain how we are “dungeon deep because of our management” as I’m lost with that one.

Apart from the fact it wasn’t FARE who reported this, it was a Norwegian UEFA delegate, we can’t stop them coming to the games.

This whole thing is a total stitch up by the Crash Barriers, Liewell, SNP etc etc.

This is just the start of it. You can put your Mortgage on it something will happen in the aftermath of next Sunday should we win. This Strict liability or whatever the fck they are calling it is nothing surer against Us this season. Points deducted, stands closed etc.

As I said previously there's an all out Civil War heading to this country.

Back