There are two distinct issues here and both need addressed

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
We will no longer get away with certain songs or certainly add ons and continuing to indulge at this at game will get us hammered. Do I like it? Do I feck. It's words. They hurt no one apart from the mock offended who have been trying to %^*& us over for years and have finally succeeded. Like it or not, it has to stop in order that the club we are all supposed to love suffers. Clear plan and crystal clear instructions on what can and can't be sung must be circulated (again). We need to suck it up I'm afraid.

That said, the club and fans must press for answers as to what standards we are being judged to compared to every other club in Europe, what games these eager to be offended moral crusades are attending and if not all, why not? Also why are chants that are derogatory towards Protestants amongst other things and pro terror and anti British (racism in their book) seems to not matter.

There are too many dismissing whataboutery etc but the two issues need looking at immediately as there is no doubt that we are being treated differently and we probably already no why but the reasons must be laid bare for all to see.

Do not forget the lengths our enemies went to change the meaning of 19th Century Terrorist. It has never meant Roman Catholic.

There is a witch hunt and I hope the club whilst tackling the pressing issues it faces regarding our songbook has enough about it to demand answers and out FARE (19th Century Terrorist Apologist Rangers Enemies) for the agenda driven bastards they obviously are.

Last edited:
Said it in another thread.

That lot don't give a shite about us calling them this or that, they only care about how we are punished for doing it. Just like how little I care when I hear them calling us huns, they don't really give a %^*& about us calling them 19th Century Terrorists.

If UEFA make it clear we are going to be punished for singing certain songs, whether we agree with it or not we need to stop singing those songs.

What they say goes, it's their competition, you play by their rules or you get punished.

It's simple, just cut the bigoted songs out, we have a tremendous song book that we now need to sing more often. We can't beat them and it's been an issue for too long for the easily offended, hopefully septic will also take note and take action against their own fans.

That lot don't give a shite about us calling them this or that, they only care about how we are punished for doing it. Just like how little I care when I hear them calling us huns, they don't really give a %^*& about us calling them 19th Century Terrorists.

If UEFA make it clear we are going to be punished for singing certain songs, whether we agree with it or not we need to stop singing those songs.

What they say goes, it's their competition, you play by their rules or you get punished.

If only it was so easy. Who defines what is sectarianism ? UEFA don't know and rely on a discredited Rangers hating left wing group like FARE to tell them what it is, and we suffer the consequences. And before anyone again says if only we change the songbook, FARE will just move onto other songs. FARE will need to be challenged at UEFA by Rangers. If not, they will never stop coming after us.

*Saying certain words, or word: 19th Century Terrorist. That's it.

I totally agree Op.

We have to accept that we can't sing certain songs.

However, in tandem we need to be lobbying against FARE and how we are treated as well as highlighting the double standards at play here.

The two positions are not mutually exclusive.

The club also need to engage with season ticket holders, supporters groups, the UB et all. Criticism and sacrifice isn't a strategy that shows any real leadership.

Nor is issuing statements and info. through 4lads, c1872 and coplandroadorg.

If only it was so easy. Who defines what is sectarianism ? UEFA don't know and rely on a discredited Rangers hating left wing group like FARE to tell them what it is, and we suffer the consequences. And before anyone again says if only we change the songbook, FARE will just move onto other songs. FARE will need to be challenged at UEFA by Rangers. If not, they will never stop coming after us.

It's been made pretty clear that a certain word being sung will get us in trouble regardless of who defines it.

I don't agree that the word "19th Century Terrorist" is offensive, it's not a derogatory term at the end of the day, it was a name to describe the irish republican brotherhood, nor is it a group who even exist anymore however if it's been made clear using the word gets us in trouble we need to refrain from using it.

It's been made pretty clear that a certain word being sung will get us in trouble regardless of who defines it.

I don't agree that the word "19th Century Terrorist" is offensive, it's not a derogatory term at the end of the day, it was a name to describe the irish republican brotherhood, nor is it a group who even exist anymore however if it's been made clear using the word gets us in trouble we need to refrain from using it.

It is those who define and weaponise the 19th Century Terrorist term to UEFA that are the problem, and the club's failure to address that and right that wrong has came back to haunt us. FARE will now move onto other songs to ensure we are punished again, of that there is no doubt.

It is those who define and weaponise the 19th Century Terrorist term to UEFA that are the problem, and the club's failure to address that and right that wrong has came back to haunt us. FARE will now move onto other songs to ensure we are punished again, of that there is no doubt.

Equally though, the word has no purpose or relevance anymore and it doesn't offend the people we are using it against. It serves us absolutely no purpose other than getting us in trouble.

This is right, they will move onto other songs. Our existence offends them. We’d be naive to think that if 19th Century Terrorist stops then they’ll leave us alone. They won’t.

But that’s not a reason to keep singing it. As I’ve said elsewhere, this battle is lost. Anyone who tries to fight to use the word 19th Century Terrorist is just giving ammunition to our enemies in the war to protect everything else we have.

No, it’s not fair. But it is reality. And really, if that word means more to you than Rangers well being then you need to look in the mirror.

We will no longer get away with certain songs or certainly add ons and continuing to indulge at this at game will get us hammered. Do I like it? Do I feck. It's words. They hurt no one apart from the mock offended who have been trying to %^*& us over for years and have finally succeeded. Like it or not, it has to stop in order that the club we are all supposed to love suffers. Clear plan and crystal clear instructions on what can and can't be sung must be circulated (again). We need to suck it up I'm afraid.

That said, the club and fans must press for answers as to what standards we are being judged to compared to every other club in Europe, what games these eager to be offended moral crusades are attending and if not all, why not? Also why are chants that are derogatory towards Protestants amongst other things and pro terror and anti British (racism in their book) seems to not matter.

There are too many dismissing whataboutery etc but the two issues need looking at immediately as there is no doubt that we are being treated differently and we probably already no why but the reasons must be laid bare for all to see.

There is a witch hunt and I hope the club whilst tackling the pressing issues it faces regarding our songbook has enough about it to demand answers and out FARE (19th Century Terrorist Apologist Rangers Enemies) for the agenda driven bastards they obviously are.
This. Totally on point. Best post I've read for a while.

I think there’s a third thing. A group of Bears should go on the offensive in terms of recording & securing evidence about scum singing, misbehaviour, FARE, etc and start to send it to papers & authorities.

We can turn a negative into a positive instead of just moaning.

Amen!!

This is right, they will move onto other songs. Our existence offends them. We’d be naive to think that if 19th Century Terrorist stops then they’ll leave us alone. They won’t.

But that’s not a reason to keep singing it. As I’ve said elsewhere, this battle is lost. Anyone who tries to fight to use the word 19th Century Terrorist is just giving ammunition to our enemies in the war to protect everything else we have.

No, it’s not fair. But it is reality. And really, if that word means more to you than Rangers well being then you need to look in the mirror.

We should never accept lies as truth, mate. When we do that we as a club and support might as well wrap it in. Its clear that FARE have been targeting us for years and have their own agenda to cripple us from taking part in European competition. When we bow to that gangsterism, then we are not Rangers.

I have always said this. Nobody is offended in the slightest; they get more out of hating us than they do following their own club. They actually want us singing those songs or the add ins gives so they can put the boot in, and we continually give them what they want.

We should never accept lies as truth, mate. When we do that we as a club and support might as well wrap it in. Its clear that FARE have been targeting us for years and have their own agenda to cripple us from taking part in European competition. When we bow to that gangsterism, then we are not Rangers.
You’re not accepting it as truth. You’re being asked to accept the real politik of the situation. TBB and “19th Century Terrorist” are done. The whys no wherefore are no longer at all relevant. Save your fight for the next target, don’t waste it on these. If you do, you weaken us for the next fight and you strengthen our enemies.

Like it or not, that’s simple reality.

only the French National Anthem!! Watering their Fields In the opponents blood, slitting of throats....yet UEFA allow this!!! Mmmm!!!! I do wonder if European laws re freedom of speech could cut UEFA a new arsehole if they were legally challenged

Let's go children of the fatherland,
The day of glory has arrived!
Against us tyranny's
Bloody flag is raised! (repeat)
In the countryside, do you hear
The roaring of these fierce soldiers?
They come right to our arms
To slit the throats of our sons, our friends
Grab your weapons, citizens!
Form your battalions!
Let us march! Let us march!
May impure blood
Water our fields!

Follow follow will be next due to “FTP and the Vatican”. This mob will be relentless. At the moment it’s sections shut, then stands then the ground then point reductions.

Those who state that they are at it when claiming they are offended are correct 100%

They even changed the meaning of 19th Century Terrorist in order to go after us.

19th Century Terrorist has never meant Catholic. Ask South American Catholics what a 19th Century Terrorist is, the answer would be que!!

Its a fucking scandal but we need to wise up plus go after the real bigots here. Fare are scum

Last edited:
only the French National Anthem!! Watering their Fields In the opponents blood, slitting of throats....yet UEFA allow this!!! Mmmm!!!! I do wonder if European laws re freedom of speech could cut UEFA a new arsehole if they were legally challenged

Let's go children of the fatherland,
The day of glory has arrived!
Against us tyranny's
Bloody flag is raised! (repeat)
In the countryside, do you hear
The roaring of these fierce soldiers?
They come right to our arms
To slit the throats of our sons, our friends
Grab your weapons, citizens!
Form your battalions!
Let us march! Let us march!
May impure blood
Water our fields!
Report it :)

I think there’s a third thing. A group of Bears should go on the offensive in terms of recording & securing evidence about scum singing, misbehaviour, FARE, etc and start to send it to papers & authorities.

Would you trust these "organisation" to take action on information received? I wouldn't even trust them to read any correspondence which is negative regarding the trash from the stadium of blight

You’re not accepting it as truth. You’re being asked to accept the real politik of the situation. TBB and “19th Century Terrorist” are done. The whys no wherefore are no longer at all relevant. Save your fight for the next target, don’t waste it on these. If you do, you weaken us for the next fight and you strengthen our enemies.

Like it or not, that’s simple reality.

No, we're in a situation where we're told that the colour black is really white, even though we all know it really isn't. I'm not defending or asking anyone to sing or chant about 19th Century Terrorists either.

Would you trust these "organisation" to take action on information received? I wouldn't even trust them to read any correspondence which is negative regarding the trash from the stadium of blight

Well many of them won’t want to mate, but some will.

I’m working with a group on the child abuse cover up & we’ve just been relentless & not given in, and we’ve made good progress, with a few good things in progress.

There’s no reason other bears can’t get a result here.

No, we're in a situation where we're told that the colour black is really white, even though we all know it really isn't. I'm not defending or asking anyone to sing or chant about 19th Century Terrorists either.
We absolutely are in that situation. You’re totally right. But for the purposes of UEFA’s rules, black is white. It’s wrong, it’s unfair and it shouldn’t be that’s way. But that is the way it is. We can stem the tide, but we can’t turn it back. That’s not defeatist, it’s not bowing down to gangsterism, it’s dealing with reality and trying to control what can be controlled and fight what’s what is still defensible.

Report it :)
Only the current World Champions....I just don’t get why that is acceptable but up to your Knees in blood is classed differently. Scotland’s national anthem clearly identifies the English as whom we should fight with and send them homeward to England to think about whether they should ever come back....fighting and ethnic cleansing being glorified!!

I again emphasise I think we need to stop these songs that harm us but I want us to take these bastards head on with a challenge that exposes them and their double standards and any motivations some may have against Rangers.....are they in fact falling foul of their own articles and or regs....targeting us because of religion, race, creed or perceived political alignments?

The papers in Scotland tend to be anti-rangers mate and the authorities are just ad bad .Celtic last year had a banner saying f@@k UEFA. Fine and slap on the wrists.how many fines have Celtic had .Have UEFA threatened to close their ground the answer is no mainly due to the Irish guy can,t remember his name putting in a good word for them.

Only the current World Champions....I just don’t get why that is acceptable but up to your Knees in blood is classed differently. Scotland’s national anthem clearly identifies the English as whom we should fight with and send them homeward to England to think about whether they should ever come back....fighting and ethnic cleansing being glorified!!

I again emphasise I think we need to stop these songs that harm us but I want us to take these bastards head on with a challenge that exposes them and their double standards and any motivations some may have against Rangers.....are they in fact falling foul of their own articles and or regs....targeting us because of religion, race, creed or perceived political alignments?

It may sound mad but you have a point. :)

Im not even looking at the replies, You are hitting the nail on the head and covering every angle. But that is the problem. Some don't want to look at it from every angle. I have been here from when the news broke and the threads that followed have been, well lets say, indifferent. Blinkers on and refusal to look at it in a systematic order.
Everyone from the UB to the guys who gets the odd ticket has been getting it, apologists wanting to firmly lay the blame at the door of Rangers fans and sit back and take it.

Whataboutery etc, etc. Again it all just shows how disjointed we are, ( i hate using that phrase again). But untill some realise, it's not just about rangers, it's not just about ranger's fans getting their house in order and saying forget about the rest, it's our problem, etc. That might be a part of the bigger jigsaw. But some just cannot see where and from whom all this come froms. Fare, Haggerty, scum fans, mcgillygobble,findlay. We are being attacked from outside influence's. There is more to this than just big bad words.

I think nearly all fans would agree that the songs that hurt us have to stop. A lot won't like it and I can understand why but it has to be done. What could make it an easier pill to swallow is if Rangers released a statement condemning the inappropriate songs but also promising the support that they would strive to see that all clubs are treated exactly the same regarding songs and banners. In other words let's get our house in order and then go after the other mob. Simply bending over and taking it up the Ronson won't cut it.

We absolutely are in that situation. You’re totally right. But for the purposes of UEFA’s rules, black is white. It’s wrong, it’s unfair and it shouldn’t be that’s way. But that is the way it is. We can stem the tide, but we can’t turn it back. That’s not defeatist, it’s not bowing down to gangsterism, it’s dealing with reality and trying to control what can be controlled and fight what’s what is still defensible.

Rangers allowing FARE, who have deliberately targeted us for years, to set the narrative at UEFA will only ensure future sanctions on more ludicrous trumped up charges. Just keeping running away won't stop FARE from pursuing us.

Well said. Wont go down well on here with the lynch mob that just want to point the finger at the "bigots".

The papers in Scotland tend to be anti-rangers mate and the authorities are just ad bad .Celtic last year had a banner saying f@@k UEFA. Fine and slap on the wrists.how many fines have Celtic had .Have UEFA threatened to close their ground the answer is no mainly due to the Irish guy can,t remember his name putting in a good word for them.

We’ve had over 20 articles in the last 11 weeks in the papers on their child abuse cover up Turrabear.

The Times, The Record, Tge Scottish Sun, The Sunday Post & Daily Mail all included.

Rangers allowing FARE, who have deliberately targeted us for years, to set the narrative at UEFA will only ensure future sanctions on more ludicrous trumped up charges. Just keeping running away won't stop FARE from pursuing us.

Take the fight to them then. Get them looked into on twitter Facebook etc & get a private detective too.

Get a detailed analysis on their Celtic games & record the games & show the songs they ignored ?

It’s amazing what you can find mate.

Well many of them won’t want to mate, but some will.

I’m working with a group on the child abuse cover up & we’ve just been relentless & not given in, and we’ve made good progress, with a few good things in progress.

There’s no reason other bears can’t get a result here.

Some good news at last. Keep up the good work.

What are their rules concerning Fare ?. How many Rangers games have Fare been to ?. Do Fare have representatives at every single uefa competition format games ?. How many match representatives do fare have ?. How many Fare representatives are multi lingual ?. Do they have language interpreter's to assist them during games in countries where they don't speak the language ?. 55 countries Uefa cover. Do the teams of 55 countries get the same attendance fro Fare ?

Fare appears to be the problem with us.

What are their rules concerning Fare ?. How many Rangers games have Fare been to ?. Do Fare have representatives at every single uefa competition format games ?. How many match representatives do fare have ?. How many Fare representatives are multi lingual ?. Do they have language interpreter's to assist them during games in countries where they don't speak the language ?. 55 countries Uefa cover. Do the teams of 55 countries get the same attendance fro Fare ?

Fare appears to be the problem with us.
All very reasonable questions that really need to be answered

For all those focusing on the unfairness of FARE here is a link where you can report abuse to them;
https://farenet.org/get-involved/report-discrimination/

Bombard them with all the incidents of cel'ic fans being bigoted, not just songs, the effigies, banners, the lot! If we do it en masse then they can't just ignore it, if they do then we go to UEFA again en masse saying that we've reported discrimination to FARE and they have ignored us.

We need to force them to be equal in their treatment or highlight their hypocrisy, continuing to sing until action is taken against cel'ic isn't a viable response.

JUST DON’T SING THE WORD ‘19th Century Terrorist’ FOR 2 FUCKING HOURS IS THAT SO DIFFICULT TO DO OR TO UNDERSTAND??????
If that was indeed the highly offensive word we've been accused of singing and getting us into trouble then even a junior solicitor could easily get us off the hook.
They refer to THEMSELVES as 19th Century Terrorists ffs!
If we left out being "up to our knees in their blood" would be a help but referring to them as 19th Century Terrorists certainly isn't a crime.

Back