Today is a watershed moment

westenclosurebear

If you follow Rangers at home, at other Scottish grounds or in Europe then you follow for the football and to support the Team on the pitch. Reference to the pope, the IRA, the TBB, 19th Century Terrorists, 19th Century Terrorist etc needs to go.

The Rangers Board are deserving of our support, we back them financially but not with our actions. I'm not interested in whataboutery, it's time we dropped all the words and add ons that cause offence and allow others to point the finger.

The Board need to address the Union Bears issue. They've severely damaged the club, our reputation is taking a hammering today. Financially as well.

Bottom line us our support has scored a massive own goal. One is enough and should serve as the final warning.

Anyone stupid enough to continue with bigotry over Rangers should be banned for life. The all about me Union Bears guy with the megaphone should be the first to decide what he wants to do here.

Today is a watershed moment and we need as a support to grasp the values of supporting Rangers, a club very dear to our hearts and loved like a family member.

You let yourself down with the Union Bears comment. Anyone who’s attended an Old Firm, Sheep, Hibs, European or near enough any away game this past year knows a lot more fans sing those songs than just the UB - they’re an easy scapegoat for this. They’ve let themselves down in the past at times but some of the comments I’ve read on here about them have been disgraceful quite frankly.

Whilst we should be cleaning up certain things on the European stage we should also be taking the fight and pointing out FARE’s bias. Even Bain called them out years ago.

If you follow Rangers at home, at other Scottish grounds or in Europe then you follow for the football and to support the Team on the pitch. Reference to the pope, the IRA, the TBB, 19th Century Terrorists, 19th Century Terrorist etc needs to go.

The Rangers Board are deserving of our support, we back them financially but not with our actions. I'm not interested in whataboutery, it's time we dropped all the words and add ons that cause offence and allow others to point the finger.

The Board need to address the Union Bears issue. They've severely damaged the club, our reputation is taking a hammering today. Financially as well.

Bottom line us our support has scored a massive own goal. One is enough and should serve as the final warning.

Anyone stupid enough to continue with bigotry over Rangers should be banned for life. The all about me Union Bears guy with the megaphone should be the first to decide what he wants to do here.

Today is a watershed moment and we need as a support to grasp the values of supporting Rangers, a club very dear to our hearts and loved like a family member.

Yes indeed. Just say No. Like the drugs war. Simple solutions for simple minds. A real no brainer.

Well that's that sorted.

90% + will be singing TBB against them next Sunday. It's not fair to blame one group of supporters for it.

While I recognise the need to stop certain words, let's not pretend it's all on the Union Bears. Also I highly doubt the guy with the megaphone has ever started up TBB

The Rangers Board are deserving of our support, we back them financially but not with our actions.
I'm not interested in whataboutery,
it's time we dropped all the words and add ons that cause offence and allow others to point the finger.

You bleat this and I demand.. what about FARE-ness? what about parity? To only go after us and give us such an oTT punishment for a few lyrics in a song is frankly outrageous and also smacks of bigotry towards us.

I am not a fan of the ultra scene. It comes across as just a rip-off. It never ceases to amaze me that with such a wonderful support and with the incredible songbook that we have, the Ibrox atmosphere is not better, more often.

I haven't forgotten how near we were to losing our club and we are very fortunate we had Dave King , board members and others to rescue it and put it on such a good footing as we now enjoy . Not only manager and team wise , but throughout all aspects of Rangers FC from Stadium / Auchenhowie etc .We still have a long way to go but I would hate to see all the good work wasted if we don't sort this out quickly .

Only 19th Century Terrorist needs to go. Please be hysterical accurately.

*Even that can be challenged given their banner.

Well how is it no then getting challenged??

And do you think there no going to bother about singing FTP ??

we just can’t do things to hurt our support imagine being told you can’t go to the match because of our support ? we have to hold the board responsible for watching the scum and report any and everything that effing mob get up too .

Agreed with everything till you mentioned the union bears they aren’t to blame for this and are a easy target they don’t start all the songs and 99.9% of Ibrox sings the billy boys.

99.9% (exaggeration) got away with it without us punished with sanctions.
I'd like to think that figure will go down to 0% after today.

The union bears as the starters of most songs, have an opportunity to set an example here.
I severely hope they take that opportunity and make us proud.

I find it really unfair that we are being singled out in this, but no amount of whataboutery will change anything.

We need to sort this out. If people want to sing these songs, do it outside the grounds whether it be in the boozer or the supporters bus or wherever.

We have a fantastic songbook celebrating our club, lets bring that to the forefront.

Only 19th Century Terrorist needs to go. Please be hysterical accurately.

*Even that can be challenged given their banner.

No it cant. It's the fact its about a sectarian razor gang and up to our knees in someone's blood. UEFA have deemed it sectarian in all its guises.

We also need to lose all the pope shit pronto as we are firmly on UEFA radar now.

No it cant. It's the fact its about a sectarian razor gang and up to our knees in someone's blood. UEFA have deemed it sectarian in all its guises.

We also need to lose all the pope shit pronto as we are firmly on UEFA radar now.

Ok. So it's only the word 19th Century Terrorist that is banned. Good.

I agree but how do we force the stopping of those songs? Just asking to stop the banned song, isn't going to do it. The club needs to be pro-active home and away, get Bears as club ambassadors mingling with the fans, encouraging, directing and helping the Bears to stop singing them.

Reactions: o7o
FTP needs to go too.
I suppose you mean 'has to go or we can be punished'? What's your evidence that we can be charged for saying that? I completely disagree (mainly as we sang that alongside TBB, etc., in Gibraltar and haven't been cited for it). If you're just saying that as a matter of taste then it's an irrelevant comment.

I am not a fan of the ultra scene. It comes across as just a rip-off. It never ceases to amaze me that with such a wonderful support and with the incredible songbook that we have, the Ibrox atmosphere is not better, more often.
A lot of our support are miserable fuckers mate, my father is one of them. Still moans about Walter.

You let yourself down with the Union Bears comment. Anyone who’s attended an Old Firm, Sheep, Hibs, European or near enough any away game this past year knows a lot more fans sing those songs than just the UB - they’re an easy scapegoat for this. They’ve let themselves down in the past at times but some of the comments I’ve read on here about them have been disgraceful quite frankly.

Whilst we should be cleaning up certain things on the European stage we should also be taking the fight and pointing out FARE’s bias. Even Bain called them out years ago.
That we need to do as a club fare is nothing but a mentally challenged supporting g organisation

I suppose you mean 'has to go or we can be punished'? What's your evidence that we can be charged for saying that? I completely disagree (mainly as we sang that alongside TBB, etc., in Gibraltar and haven't been cited for it). If you're just saying that as a matter of taste then it's an irrelevant comment.
Because it's indefensible in 2019. If people want to protest about the Pope then do it away from Ibrox.

Your comment (although panty-wetting) reminds me of Goya's Duel With Cudgels. Two men stuck in the mud blootering each other with no hope of escape. Pretty much the OF in Scottish fitba.
Celtc fans sing songs constantly that are sectarian/racist in their nature, Man Utd fans sing about burning scousers. We are not unique in having controversial songs but we are unique in being so systematically punished for it.
And your solution is?

90% + will be singing TBB against them next Sunday. It's not fair to blame one group of supporters for it.

While I recognise the need to stop certain words, let's not pretend it's all on the Union Bears. Also I highly doubt the guy with the megaphone has ever started up TBB

You’re right mate, but the UB’s get practically sole credit when the atmosphere at Ibrox is good and positive signing is heard. The rest of the stadium get told “take a leaf out of the UB’s book”. All of which is wrong imo.

So it’s no surprise that the UB’s are getting the flack now this has raised its head. Can’t have it both ways. Good with the bad kinda thing. Also all wrong imo.

Union bears don't listen to them blaming you for this,this is us all as a support, that have caused this.we have been caught up in all the hatred for us,and trying to kill our club.we now must play the game by the rules.then the board can fight our corner when others get away with it.hope to hear you all loud and proud on Sunday singing rangers songs.w.a.t.p. no surrender.

And in the meantime, they can hang effigies of killing Rangers supporters and members of the Orange Order.

Sing about the terrorists, that have brought so much death and misery to all parts of our country and beyond.

UEFA have to address the real issue here.

Them, their actions and the vile messages their songs send out......

We sing about 19th Century Terrorist Blood.

Christ sake, there's a big difference in relation to the atrocities them bastards sing about......

UEFA, get YOUR house in order and address the real issue here and it's not us singing about 19th Century Terrorist Blood.

Big bad Rangers once again, what a load of

BOLLOCKS.

Agreed with everything till you mentioned the union bears they aren’t to blame for this and are a easy target they don’t start all the songs and 99.9% of Ibrox sings the billy boys.

I don’t genuinely think 99.9% of us sing it Gramps.

I stopped when it became a risk to my club & not many around me sing it in the main stand.

You happy to risk it? And for what? To sing a stupid chant that offends half our team as well as anyone else who cares to listen.
I'm happy to respond to the sanction, yes. Maybe we should sing the 14thC. ballad 'When Rome is Removed'? The manuscript that is in is a UNESCO artefact so they'll have trouble banning that.

Reactions: o7o
Was just about to say the same.

I was agreeing but stopped reading at that point.

Clueless, hypocritical finger pointing.

Almost as pathetic as the “aye the stadium sung it but they bad boys made me do it” pish.

Was just about to say the same.

I was agreeing but stopped reading at that point.

Clueless, hypocritical finger pointing.

Almost as pathetic as the “aye the stadium sung it but they bad boys made me do it” pish.
'Been singing it for 25 years but anyone who sings it now is a bastard' Loyal.

'Been singing it for 25 years but anyone who sings it now is a bastard' Loyal.
We have all sang it. But surely you understand the battle was lost long ago? I love watching us in Europe more than singing this song. The double standards are frustrating and we need to challenge it, but from a position of strength. Blaming the UB is way out of whack.

Back