Morelos up for sale ?

Followbear93

Every week Gerrard comes out to talk about Morelos “ if a bid comes in, who knows?” and “everyone’s got a price” today’s papers again Gerrard “predicting” a bid for one of his stars and is “powerless” In making a case for keeping the player.

Maybe I’m just paranoid but I get some sort of feeling as if we are hoping a bid comes in so we can sell Morelos. I hope not but Let’s see.

Every week Gerrard comes out to talk about Morelos “ if a bid comes in, who knows?” and “everyone’s got a price” today’s papers again Gerrard “predicting” a bid for one of his stars and is “powerless” In making a case for keeping the player.

Maybe I’m just paranoid but I get some sort of feeling as if we are hoping a bid comes in so we can sell Morelos. I hope not but Let’s see.
The way I took it is that Gerrard is again emphasising the decision to sell would not be down to him, but subtly telling the Board not to even contemplate it.

I’ve often found the way SG talks about Morelos in the press to be somewhat curious.

I was never a huge fan of saying “we haven’t had any bids for him” when essentially we are trying to drum up interest in him.

Thank god it’s not just me mate! Again I hope we are wrong but somethings not right.

Everyone is for sale at the right price but I agree we have a better chance of winning the league this year if we keep Alfie. Also, should he continue his great form and apparent new ability to ignore wind ups and bad tackles then this time next year he could go for a shed load more money.

His 7 goals in Europa league have already assured us £15m minimum. I can unfortunately see the wee man moving in next week, I hope I’m wrong but just have s feeling he will.

This selling Morelos stuff is driven a scared mhedia who want him to be sold. They’ve convinced themselves that his disciplinary issues from last season mean he deserves to be sold.

They ask at every press confetence because the club dont come out and say they are seeking bids. Gerrard just gives a typical manager’s open ended reaction to the question!

I would be more worried if the club were making unprovoked suggestions Alfie could be sold. The manager is spot on, every player does have a price. That is a fact, not an invite to stick a for sale sign up.

He's just being honest. He gets asked about him every single press conference.
This.
Same questions every single time.

Gerrard told them, must be about 6 weeks ago now, to ask Morelos themselves.

In that time they've managed to spend a week on a story of him kissing another bird.

They still haven't managed to ask him if he's happy at Rangers though.

Why would we actively be looking to sell our best player?

Morelos looks to have his heart set on the epl. January is more of a worry for me if he continues this form

keep him and we have a fair chance of the
league. sell him at this point with no replacement
or an inferior one and we wont be celebrating
next may

Could it just be a simple matter of an OF game on the horizon,it's usually the silly season about this time.As for me,I think it would be sheer madness to sell a 30 goal a year striker when you are challenging for silverwear.

Every single one of our players are up for sale, as long as the price is right.

I think we wanted to sell Morelos this summer initially but he’s started the season very well and seems a lot calmer now too so I think the management team will want to hold onto him for the season now.

I think his heart is set on EPL above everything else.Could be a major problem in January because if he continues the early season form and the way he's stayed out of trouble with refs English teams will 100% be in for him that window with serious bids.Harder time for us to get good replacement could leave us with serious dilemma imo especially if we're right in it for league which I think we will be.

I think the reason he says we haven't had any bids for him is so that Morelos can see that he still has work to do to get his big move. Rekon its good man management and has helped control his temper.

Steven Gerrard drops Rangers transfer bombshell as Ibrox boss fears big-money exit
Gerrard is aware of interest in the likes of Alfredo Morelos and James Tavernier and believes a decent bid for any of his main men might end up leaving him

Steven Gerrard admits he fears losing one of Rangers’ top stars in the last week of the transfer window - and not being allowed to replace them.
The Ibrox boss claims he’s satisfied with the squad he has to take him through until January and will only add to it if there’s a late chance of heart from Liverpool on a Ryan Kent loan.

But he’s aware of interest in the likes of Alfredo Morelos and James Tavernierand believes a decent bid for any of his main men might end up leaving him short.
Gerrard said: “We’ll find out in the coming days. I predict that a bid will land for one of my players.

"I think you'll see some movement out. There's some offers swirling about for certain individuals, so there will be news broke over the seven or so days that are left.
“But I can't see there being any change the other way unless something comes out of the blue and takes away one of our players we might have to replace.

“That could happen. There's nothing really solid yet that we have to make a decision on, but it's getting warmer as they days go by, so I predict there could be some outgoings.

"I'm comfortable in certain situations with certain personnel going out and playing football, players who are maybe not in my plans.
“What I'm not comfortable with is if a bid comes out of the blue for a player that is in my plans, that's when I would have a decision to make.”
With eight days to go until deadline day, Gerrard is hoping any bid which will be to the detriment of his squad will be knocked back but he confessed: “I think it would depend on what comes from above, what their opinion is on it.

“At the end of the day it’s their money, the players are owned by the board. I want to keep as many good players as I can but I’m also not stupid enough to realise that if a bid comes for a player and the board accept it then it’s a tough position for me to be in.
“I’d give my opinion but at the end of the day we’ve all got bosses haven’t we?”

(Image: Rangers FC/Press Association Images)
Asked if he and his scouting staff would be in a position to replace like with like at the last minute, he added: “Of course we always think worst-case scenarios…’what if’, imagine if’. That type of work is always going on.
“I was watching clips of players this morning again, just in case. But certain players are more difficult to replace than others. And each day that goes by, that becomes tougher. "There will be a cut-off point in the coming days where we go ‘we don’t even pick the phone up’. It’s a simple as that because there is no possible way we can move forward and challenge on all fronts if we were to lose a main player.”
Meanwhile despite constant speculation on Kent’s fate at Anfield, Gerrard insists he’s they're still in a shielding pattern.

(Image: Getty Images)
He sighed: “I don't really want to speak about it because nothing is happening on it.
“There's been no change or developments since the last time we asked Liverpool and were told there wouldn't be a loan situation. Nothing has changed on it.
“But you never give up on trying to improve your team and squad. You never give up on following and tracking top players.
“I made it pretty clear over the course of 12 months working with Ryan how highly I rate him, so I'd never shut the door on any player and certainly top players but I have to understand, respect and appreciate the situation of his parent club, who were obviously very helpful in giving him to us in the first place.
“If you're told no, you have to accept the answer is no until there's ever a time that changes. Where we stand right now that hasn't changed.”

I think the board realise how important Morelos is to our chances of winning 55. Unless the offer was absolutely mental then the board shouldn't consider it.

He'll be worth more next year

There’s a bid coming that’s for sure .

And I think it’ll be for Morelos,

SG said previously that anyone coming for Morelos near the end of the window would be told to GTF. Now it's "it's up to the board, he's their player, I might not get the final say"

No if's or buts. The board must back their manager here. If he wants Morelos here then he stays.

I do think the fallout from the Parkhead red card has opened Morelos eyes and woken him up to the fact he needed to sort out his petulance and immaturity on the pitch because three things were noticable from it

1. We played better, slicker football without him in the run in.
2. Quieroz left him out of the Copa America citing his indiscipline as the reason
3. Not a single bid came in for him over the summer except a shitty bid from West Brom in the Championship

Credit to Morelos, this season not only has his form went up another level again, but he seems to be sorting out the petulance as well.

I know that supposedly we've sat down with him and his agent and said if a bid of X comes in then you can go but now he needs to be told all deals are off until January at the earliest.

Legia and Celtic are far too important.

We simply cannot afford to loose Morelos this season.

SG said previously that anyone coming for Morelos near the end of the window would be told to GTF. Now it's "it's up to the board, he's their player, I might not get the final say"

No if's or buts. The board must back their manager here. If he wants Morelos here then he stays.

I do think the fallout from the Parkhead red card has opened Morelos eyes and woken him up to the fact he needed to sort out his petulance and immaturity on the pitch because three things were noticable from it

1. We played better, slicker football without him in the run in.
2. Quieroz left him out of the Copa America citing his indiscipline as the reason
3. Not a single bid came in for him over the summer except a shitty bid from West Brom in the Championship

Credit to Morelos, this season not only has his form went up another level again, but he seems to be sorting out the petulance as well.

I know that supposedly we've sat down with him and his agent and said if a bid of X comes in then you can go but now he needs to be told all deals are off until January at the earliest.

Legia and Celtic are far too important.

He’s basically saying the same stuff in this interview that he’s said the whole summer, he’s always said every player has his price.

I don’t think the board would sanction a sale unless it’s mental money, and with the English window closed there won’t be mental money offered.

We would be mad to sell him now, even if we have a replacement in mind it would take weeks or months to get him up to speed. In the meantime we would be reliant 100% on Defoe.

Another season of Morelos banging the goals in without the disciplinary issues and we will get much more than £15m

And i very much doubt we will win the league this season if we sell Morelos in this window.

This selling Morelos stuff is driven a scared mhedia who want him to be sold. They’ve convinced themselves that his disciplinary issues from last season mean he deserves to be sold.

They ask at every press confetence because the club dont come out and say they are seeking bids. Gerrard just gives a typical manager’s open ended reaction to the question!

I would be more worried if the club were making unprovoked suggestions Alfie could be sold. The manager is spot on, every player does have a price. That is a fact, not an invite to stick a for sale sign up.
Everything is the media fault isnt it mate. Get a grip

He’s basically saying the same stuff in this interview that he’s said the whole summer, he’s always said every player has his price.

I don’t think the board would sanction a sale unless it’s mental money, and with the English window closed there won’t be mental money offered.

I dunno Tags. If we go out Thursday and say a German team came in with a £16/17m offer next Monday on deadline day. The money might be good but we've fúck all time for a replacement.

I think SG is comfortable with selling him at the right price provided he gets time to line up a new striker.

Time is fast running out.

We have the best chance in years of winning the league, if we punt our best player now, it gives the tims a psychological boost knowing we clearly don't believe in ourselves. It would be catastrophic

Tricky, time is of the essence.

A large deadline day bid, or close to it, would certainly test the club.

If we qualify on Thursday it would make it a bit easier to turn down .

We don't make the league section in Europe our stance with Morelos is weakened and Thursday is still on a knife edge-a lapse or a bad spell in the game could put us in trouble. Alternatively we could blow them away but we are not safe until we get two goals clear.

I think SG is just being honest about AM. There's no mystery and of course if a bid comes in that meets the club's valuation and AM wants to go-it's going to be difficult to keep him whatever time is left......

The way he has started this season, both in performances and attitude, will bring in suitors. I reckon he has been told if he can maintain that for the season he will pretty much be able to pick his next club.

His 7 goals in Europa league have already assured us £15m minimum. I can unfortunately see the wee man moving in next week, I hope I’m wrong but just have s feeling he will.

%^*& me I was drunk last night, I didn't realise I woke up on Friday and we'd won

What was the score?

Last edited:
To sell him on so close to the window would be madness so someone would need to pay mad money to get his services, I’d say £25m!
He’ll easily get another 30 goals this season.
Imo the old firm coming up this is the media trying to unsettle the danger man this will be in most papers every other day up until the OF.

I’m a little troubled by the apparent change in stance from Gerrard on this one.

At the start of the Europa campaign Gerrard was clear that if teams wanted our players they had to come early for them as if it went past a certain point we wouldn’t sell due to time and having to scramble for players.

This latest interview doesn’t say that at all. Which is a concern.

We don't make the league section in Europe our stance with Morelos is weakened and Thursday is still on a knife edge-a lapse or a bad spell in the game could put us in trouble. Alternatively we could blow them away but we are not safe until we get two goals clear.

I think SG is just being honest about AM. There's no mystery and of course if a bid comes in that meets the club's valuation and AM wants to go-it's going to be difficult to keep him whatever time is left......

Thursday is the key here.

We go through and I think Morelos will stay and we go through the whole charade again January.

We go out, a couple of teams chance their arms on deadline day(especially if Alfie scores Sunday) and...

Morelos will always be close to leaving irrelevant whether it’s this window or next. The only certainty is that as time goes on, and the last four weeks prove, is that his value is only going to increase.

The £6 million rumour for Kent will surely Only grow legs if Morelos were to leave. I’m also very certain that the team behind the scenes will have a shortlist of potential replacements should the inevitable happen in the next week or so.

Kent knows our league and knows what it means to play for us. He will be a couple of weeks tops from being match fit. - The international break may actually have come at a good time as he could get a few games in with those who have not made their national squad.

Whoever we sign to replace the big man would be a gamble unless they have played Scottish/British football but with the money generated by El Buffs sale I’d like to think it won’t be an English League One player.

I’d love to keep Morelos but if he does go then I’m sure Stevie G will spend wisely. He knows what he needs to do to succeed up here and will smell blood on the horizon. This isn’t the Rangers of the last 3/4 years where we have had no scouting system or strong internal management structure.

Have faith guys.

WATP

Every player in Scotland is up for sale if the money is right. Gerrard gets asked about it and is honest about the fact he could go if the right bid comes in.

Back