Have we been conditioned to expect an underwhelming appointment?

Is Newcoted ITK?
I really, really hate that term.

Unless you literally sit on the board, you are not 'In the Know' however you get folk that get good information that is usually accurate, albeit obviously not all of the time.

How people can't understand that is beyond me.

Quite frankly anyone who had an input in hiring Pedro now digging their heels in re who they would like as the next manager simply has a brass neck. It's embarrassing.

Two things I like. They are taking their time is the first. The second is that we’ve not got a clue who’s on their list.
If you believe the press/journalists/experts ect there is only one name in the hat to be considered. Let's hope they are all wrong. and like you say have no clue who is on the boards list.

The guessing game irks me. Things taken as fact....why? Oh, because someone put it on Twitter/Facebook. Ah, of course....

There's 4 categories of posters on here:

1. The realists - Who can accept where we are and expect an unfashionable name of sorts to get us to the next step
  2. The fantasists - Who think Ancelotti, Otmar Hitzfeld and Eddie Howe are all waiting to jump at the chance to manage in Scotland because "WE ARE RANGERS"
  3. The nostalgic - Who cannot see past a list of ex players - Gio, Neil McCann to name 2.
  4. The mental - Who just want a fancy name of an ex player who was brilliant - Michael Laudrup for example
Numbers 2 and 4 will berate and throw cliche at the number one's over their lack of standards and the 3's are best just left to their own devices.

I really, really hate that term.

Unless you literally sit on the board, you are not 'In the Know' however you get folk that get good information that is usually accurate, albeit obviously not all of the time.

How people can't understand that is beyond me.
I don't particularly like it either mate but it seems to be a favourite on FF :D

Quite frankly anyone who had an input in hiring Pedro now digging their heels in re who they would like as the next manager simply has a brass neck. It's embarrassing.
Robertson, G. Park and Dickson should be made to answer for their incompetence in selecting Pedro at this upcoming AGM. Neither should have a say in any future managerial appointment, especially Robertson who quite frankly is needing replaced. Either give him his jotters and bring in a real bulldog of a Managing Director or just demote him back to the same sort of job he did at Motherwell.

“The board can’t win”, with some people it’s quite the opposite in fact, the board can do no wrong in some eyes.

The middle ground is, they did great in getting rid of the spivs but that doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to be criticised for some of the poor decisions they’ve made since. Their Pedro appointment was a shocker, as is the way they’ve handled replacing him.

NewCo Ted has had a few things right but just as cwood loyal is very much hit and miss.

He tweets like what he is saying is fact but anyone with half a brain can see it's a lot of 'educated guesses' he's making from what is being reported etc.

I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

I generally agree in that I expect McInnes to come in and it's simply a delay due to some kind of snags.

I think it's entirely plausible that, in addition to your theories, that:

- The compensation fee is a stumbling block (possibly required up-front)
- There is a lack of consensus between board and DoF over McInnes suitability (my hunch is this is playing at least some part in all this. Purely a hunch mind)

I am a long way from buying that this is simply all part of a planned process with expressions of interest turning into invites to apply, to be reviewed and then interviewed.

Yeah I agree.

Coleman reiterated last night that he wants to sample champions league football

That reads to me...."come and get me Mr King "

He said the other day in an interview with the Telegraph that he wants to extend his contract with Wales until Euro 2020. He'd be a really uninspiring appointment for us.

Murty for anymore than a few games is just not an option.

The first time he drops points there will be uproar.

The board's handling of this nonsense is going to bite them on the arse.

Murty skuds Aberdeen twice and the cry for him to be given the gig full time will reach fever pitch. Appointing someone else after this probably loses them brownie points for some.

Murty loses to Aberdeen twice and they will get absolute pelters for allowing this situation to fester.

It's bordering on a dereliction of duty now given the fact the season is still very much alive.
I'm surprised at the apathy towards it, that's what I was trying to get across in the OP.

'Uch just give it to Murty' I'm alarmed at how much I've heard that, we're still right in the mix with lots of games against rivals to come.

I've lost faith in our board members. I thank them for what they have done but they are not the right men to take us forward any longer.

Murty skuds Aberdeen twice and the cry for him to be given the gig full time will reach fever pitch. Appointing someone else after this probably loses them brownie points for some.

Murty loses to Aberdeen twice and they will get absolute pelters for allowing this situation to fester.
Supergers07 and myself were discussing this yesterday

The double header with Aberdeen is a real tricky situation whatever way you look at it

It would be complete folly to ignore the numerous caretaker gone full time appointments that have gone tits up.

If we lose to Aberdeen at Ibrox with Murty in charge the night before the AGM then it will be pretty disastrous for the board and certain individuals could possibly at risk of not being voted back in.

If Murty beats Aberdeen the board will give him the job until the end of the season. No way they will remove him after that.

They are buying time here, and probably hoping that Murty can ride this out to a position where he can take the job without a backlash. The shit will hit the fan if we drop points to Hamilton or Dundee.

Why, we're nowhere near the CL. Even if we were to somehow win the league, we would be unseeded in the key qualifying rounds as things stand. Achieving the former alone would be a colossal achievement in itself right now.

I don't see that as a come and get me at all, more a manager who thinks he's better than he actually is. He won't have a world class talent to call upon in his next job.

Supergers07 and myself were discussing this yesterday

The double header with Aberdeen is a real tricky situation whatever way you look at it

It's really not - if we want McInnes because he's the best manger we can get - we bring him in now.

Worrying about him losing to Aberdeen is utterly farcical.

If we lose to Aberdeen at Ibrox with Murty in charge the night before the AGM then it will be pretty disastrous for the board and certain individuals could possibly at risk of not being voted back in.
Given the major stakeholders in terms of block votes, there’s not a hope in hell of any of our current board being voted out. Especially when nobody can provide a single credible alternative.

Why, we're nowhere near the CL. Even if we were to somehow win the league, we would be unseeded in the key qualifying rounds as things stand. Achieving the former alone would be a colossal achievement in itself right now.

I don't see that as a come and get me at all, more a manager who thinks he's better than he actually is. He won't have a world class talent to call upon in his next job.
Rangers are and always have been a club with champions league ambition

It would be complete folly to ignore the numerous caretaker gone full time appointments that have gone tits up.

Correct. Short term it might work but eventually the players will no longer respect him or respond to him and then what ? Demote Murty back to the Development Squad ? That would be a slap in the face.

We'd be back at square one only with no Graeme Murty to bail us out this time.

It's not fair on him. And no offence to him, but we deserve and demand better than him.

Under no circumstances can he be a candidate.

If Murty beats Aberdeen the board will give him the job until the end of the season. No way they will remove him after that.

They are buying time here, and probably hoping that Murty can ride this out to a position where he can take the job without a backlash. The shit will hit the fan if we drop points to Hamilton or Dundee.
This is the same Murty who dropped eight points in his previous spell in charge. The guy is doing a good job at the minute but people will turn very quickly if he's appointed as our full-time manager and we hit a bad spell. It would be lunacy to appoint someone as inexperienced as he is.

Correct. Short term it might work but eventually the players will no longer respect him or respond to him and then what ? Demote Murty back to the Development Squad ? That would be a slap in the face.

We'd be back at square one only with no Graeme Murty to bail us out this time.

It's not fair on him. And no offence to him, but we deserve and demand better than him.

Under no circumstances can he be a candidate.
Absolutely.

However he could be in situ by default as long as their is deadlock in the board room.

'Taking our time' appears to be a front for 'I want my own way'.

Not at this present time we're not. We're struggling to establish ourselves in second place in one of Europes weakest leagues as things stand and that's the harsh reality in the here and now.

I like Graeme Murty, nice man, talks well, good coach but doesn’t inspire me as a Manager but I’d be happy to have that opinion changed.

I’d be very unhappy if the board go for a stop gap or the cheapest option as surely what we are looking for is the right man to move the club forward not someone who we need to replace next season or season after.

Surely a talented Manager is the most important signing we need to make over and above any striker or defender

Would Aberdeen want to keep a manager in charge for a double header against the team he is about to join? Would McInnes want to stay on, knowing that two wins in that double header would make his next job a hell of a lot harder?

I think you might be over thinking it. If McInnes isn't appointed before the double header then i'd be pretty shocked if he was our next manager. I actually think if he was going to be appointed it would have happened by now. I could well be wrong though.

I've a feeling this might drag on for a few more weeks yet. My gut suspicion is that if Murty wins the next two games then the board give him the job, at least until the end of the season. Note that's not what i think should happen, just a feeling on how i see it playing out.
I kind of agree. There is no way Aberdeen will want to keep DM as manager for two games against us if he is coming to Ibrox.
If he isn’t appointed next week then I don’t think it’ll be him.
If Murty wins against Aberdeen twice and is given the gig until the end of the season then two possibilities arise.
1. He succeeds and hits his targets in which case I think he’ll get the job permanently.
2. He flops. In which case does he go back to youth development or leave us.
It’s a big decision for him to ponder.
If he flops we are back next June to where we are now.
In my opinion the best option is to get our favoured candidate in now.

Not at this moment in time we arn,t.wheather that changes will depend on the new manager and how he is backed.we are third in a piss poor league .so that shows where we are at this moment in time.

Back