Arfield - does he start on Sunday?

Brian11Laudrup

Firstly, superb ending to the game and we got what we deserved

Have to say though, for me Arfield needs a proper break as he’s yet to get going. Shouldn’t be starting on Sunday IMO, has done nothing to merit a start. Since the summer, it seems as though he’s lost his first touch as at the weekend and tonight it was utterly atrocious

Alfie's got to break that duck against the mentally challengeds. Once he does it will be a deluge.

No question of a doubt that he starts. He’s one of our main men and adrenaline will see him through.

Have to say though, for me Arfield needs a proper break as he’s yet to get going. Shouldn’t be starting on Sunday IMO, has done nothing to merit a start. Since the summer, it seems as though he’s lost his first touch as at the weekend and tonight it was utterly atrocious
He’s a player for this game.
Play him, get it won, give him a month off.

I await pelters but I don't see him as our main inside forward. Far too much play slows down and he doesn't have the pace or the creativity to unlock a defence. The switch of Ojo to the right and JJ coming on completely changed the dynamics of the game.

I still think a forward line of Kent and Ojo with Morelos leading the line is the way forward with Arfield as the rotate option along with Jones with either Barker or Stewart making up the extra place in the squad.

Jones has to start IMO.

Arfield isn’t playing well at the moment but he hates those bastards so I think I’d start him on Sunday.

Ojo was terrible tonight, he should make way.

He really needs a break.

Maybe play Sunday and get a rest during international break.

he keeps trying cute layoffs instead of just trapping the ball and holding it off. none of his ideas are coming off at the moment and i wish he would just stick to playing more of an advanced midfielder role and give us that final pass into the box

Yes.

On the right of the three with Jones the other side of Alfie.

I would play Jones from the start and have Arfield on the bench on Sunday. Maybe announce Kent just prior to kick off :)

Same reply as to the question if he starts tonight. Of course he does.

One of the first names on the Gaffers teamsheets for me.

Cant believe the amount of players people are thinking were poor tonight btwo_O

He really needs a break.

Maybe play Sunday and get a rest during international break.

Wouldn't be surprised if he limps off with five mins to go on Sunday so long as we are infront. Call off and go have a week in the sun with the Mrs

For me Arfield should only be a sure starter when Defoe plays. It wouldn’t bother me if he doesn’t start Sunday if Morelos gets the nod

F2jziP9.gif

Nah, I'd play Kent in the hole...

Love the guy intelligent player but he looks done in and needs three or four weeks rest IMO . I’d bench him for Sunday and give him the full international break off from training other than light jogs .

He needs a rest but is a big game player for us. Got a first touch like Gordon Durie at the moment but his work off the ball is invaluable

Yes 100%, not even up for debate!

The other 2 positions in the front 3 are up for grabs;
Ojo or Jones?
Morelos or Defoe?

I would go with Jones and Morelos personally.

Arfield and Jones are easy.

Up front’s the tricky 1.
The wee man will quite rightly be buzzing after his goal, but we all know what awaits him on Sunday.

Brown will do everything he can to get to him, knowing full well he’ll be able to act with impunity.

Morelos has yet to be mentally tested against an opponent whose sole purpose for being on the park is to get him sent off.

That’s the extent of Brown’s career.

With so much riding on this game, can we really afford to take that chance?

I’d tell Defoe to run them ragged, then when legs are wobbly in the 2nd half, throw them The Buffalo.

Back