Arfield - does he start on Sunday?

He’ll start but Jones for OJo imho.....we beat them on Sunday and win the next 3 thereafter the break and I predict we will be 6 ahead of them by that point! Their leaking goals still in every game, even against poor poor opposition!

He’ll start but Jones for OJo imho.....we beat them on Sunday and win the next 3 thereafter the break and I predict we will be 6 ahead of them by that point! Their leaking goals still in every game, even against poor poor opposition!
Kent!

100% he starts, him and Jones on sunday surely. Thought Ojo was very frustrating at times tonight, couple of good efforts mind you.

Only change I would make is Flanagan for Barisic

Yes...I am sure the Adrenalin will be coursing through the veins of tonight’s team right up to and through Sunday.

Everyone on that pitch tonight will want to play.

Arfield plays in that little hole behind Alfie when we dont have the ball, this is where Lego picks up the ball and gives to the more attacking players. Hes the link for them, Arfield will disrupt that better than Ojo or Jones. So its him plus one of those 2.

Team played better when ojo went to the right and jones on the left. I would go with the 2 wide men on Sunday. Mijtlland aside, I think he’s looked jaded with the amount of games he’s played over the summer.

The scum game will give him the extra ten percent he’s been lacking of late. Thereafter he can enjoy the break and come back as a hero again. Bloody love scotty. Wish he was Scottish and I gave a %^*& about the national side.

Jones for Ojo, Flanagan for Barisic are the changes i would make. Maybe Kamara for Aribo but i trust Gerrard to make the call on that one

He plays a lot better with Defoe than Morelos. I think Defoe will start, so will Arfield. Brown will be hoping he doesn't.

Arfield is crucial to the way we play due to his intelligent movement.

He also has that winning mentality & arrogance that is required to help defeat them

ad like to see him brought into the middle of the park rather than this inside right role the game just passes by him. am worries aribo could bottle it on sunday as he did last night so ad rather arfield in there on tap of broon

Alfie's got to break that duck against the mentally challengeds. Once he does it will be a deluge.
I don’t think the Gaffer will leave Arfield out of the starting 11. He puts an additional 10% into his game when he sees the green n grey.
And I can see Alfie sticking at least one in their net on Sunday and Ibrox rocking to its foundations.
Bring it on !!

Last edited:
Not really got any other options. I wouldn't play Jones and Ojo and Stewart doesn't get a look in, in a game of this size.

Arfield starts but he's got to find his game because lately he has been off the boil. Even his touch and decision making have been poor.

Arfield has to play as attacking mid. Hes not effective on the wing. Im fairly confident that we will score a few on sunday as their defence is very shakey but their attack is very good. Hopfuly big niko starts and flanno can give thatvwee wank Forrest a whack in the first few minutes. Battle fever on

Firstly, superb ending to the game and we got what we deserved

Have to say though, for me Arfield needs a proper break as he’s yet to get going. Shouldn’t be starting on Sunday IMO, has done nothing to merit a start. Since the summer, it seems as though he’s lost his first touch as at the weekend and tonight it was utterly atrocious

Not even up for debate.

His last 2 performances against them, (Scott Brown in particular) is why he starts.

Didn't have his best game, but still works and presses like %^*& out of possession.

Lennon would be ecstatic if Arfield didn't start.

Reactions: cav
He starts simply because it's them.

But he's badly in need of a rest. He's a yard off the pace and his touch is terrible right now.

He looks heavy legged right now.
His early chance last night, looked like his legs just had nothing there as he tried to run I'm on goal.

Have to say though, for me Arfield needs a proper break as he’s yet to get going. Shouldn’t be starting on Sunday IMO, has done nothing to merit a start. Since the summer, it seems as though he’s lost his first touch as at the weekend and tonight it was utterly atrocious
He will turn it on against them. Don’t think he’ll be an issue, a good Rangers man who knows what it’s all about when it comes to them! I’d consider a start for Jones too, he’d love to get stuck in to them!

I would bring Kamara in on Sunday, torn between Aribo in a more advanced role or Arfield emptying the tank

He starts, but he still looks shattered and has had a very average start to the season.

He has a big part to play for Canada but if I were him I'd be looking at retirement pretty soon.

Can’t disagree with the OP, he looks jaded.

If we get the signing a lot of us expect / hope / pray today I’d be looking to rest Arfield and play Jones and Ojo on Sunday with Arfield and Kent on the bench

He starts on Sunday 100% . You can see he is not at 100% on top of his game ,but after Sunday I think we have an international break and I would tell him to go away for a couple of weeks just to recharge his batteries. I would also not use him for a couple of weeks after ,we have a strong enough squad then hopefully we get him back to 100% for the rest of the season.

Not even up for debate.

His last 2 performances against them, (Scott Brown in particular) is why he starts.

Didn't have his best game, but still works and presses like %^*& out of possession.

Lennon would be ecstatic if Arfield didn't start.
You're consistent MU,nobody but nobody can say otherwise.
I think he'll start.

One of the first names on the team sheet for Sunday. Madness to think otherwise. He always steps up against the scum.

You're consistent MU,nobody but nobody can say otherwise.
I think he'll start.

Hopefully he gets a break after Sunday Alex and isn't heading across the pond to Canada.

He really needs a couple of weeks recovery.

I'd start Jones over Ojo and Flanagan over Barisic.

Arfield needs to do more though, been quiet lately and part of me thinks I'd rather have Ojo & Jones out wide running at their hopeless full backs.

We have a break after this game and I'm sure I read Arfield isn't in the Canadian squad.

Arfield v brown (if he starts) is a key battle. Arfield has the energy to hassle and put pressure on him and get him making mistakes.

He might not have been great but his run and challenge for the ball against the Danes was what he's all about.

Back