UEFA Europa League Draw - Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord

I think it’s a tough draw but not the toughest. The way we play against more open teams makes me feel confident we can get through.
As said above, at least they are all close by compared to Qarabag etc, and all fit to handle big games. A proper European group stage.
Let’s go!

If we take any away tickets for the other 2 games, i imagine it'll be pick up over there to stop the chance of non travel club supporters getting in

With Rotterdam under 2 hours away on a train from me in Brussels I hope we can take fans to thsde

Absolutely no reason why we’re not looking at getting 9 points from the home ties alone.

One of the trickier groups for anyone to call.

Bring it on.

Porto won 16 points out of 18 in a group with Galatasary, Schalke and Lokomotiv last season, they might no be CL contenders these days but they are still heavy favourites for this group.

Im referring to last season in that comment. They're a shadow of that team already. Got absolutely pumped by a very average Krasnodar team in the CL qualifiers. Nothing to fear from them at Ibrox.

I honestly thought getting through another 4 qualifiers for the 2nd year in a row was to much to ask. It’s just great to be at the party. Thanks mr Gerrard

Away trip wise I'm f**king delighted with that draw, Feyer and Porto will be superb on and off the field :cool:

Very difficult in terms of progression to the Last 32 but I fancy us to get results at Ibrox against all those sides.

If it’s done the same as last year we will have Porto away first game. Villarreal where top seeds last season we where pot 4. Really hope its not Porto away first game.

Feyenoord were the worst fans I've ever seen at Ibrox and there was fighting all over the place. If I remember correctly they tried to charge into the Govan.

Yep, and they had fans dotted all over Ibrox that night, the three behind me were dying for it to kick-off. Heard some mental stories about the Rotterdam trip as well, our bus had two tickets for the Rangers end a few also tried to get in the home end but thankfully never made it in from what we heard later.

Must be first time in at least 8 years that Porto not in CL? Will be a tough one, even if they've gone backwards a bit squad wise.

The other 2 both 50/50 ties so every chance imo. Pity wee Gio not in charge at Feyenoord any more, would have been nice to see him back at Ibrox even if my memories of their fans from 2002 are being complete animals.

Oh, and in alm honesty, I think the scum will have enough about them to qualify. No chance against Lazio but unlikely for lightning to strike twice against Cluj and Rennes probably bearable. Goes without saying that I'd love them to get pumped every game but can't really see it.

Good draw and like others have said Feyenoord away first wouldn't be the worst. Very impressed that a team from Luxembourg made it through.

Feyenoord is a tie I have always looked out for after hearing reports of what it was like when we played them back in 2001/02?

I'll definitely go to the Home game but I don't know if it is worth risking the away game incase there's trouble. I would probably just stay in Amsterdam and travel in for the game mind you

We played them in the UEFA Cup in 2002 and they put us out. They went on to win it. We were better than them and should have progressed. They scored 2 free kicks from 2 dives. Their fans were scum and there was trouble all over the place.

Hoi donkey played the cheating card for them. We were also up against a young Van Persie who was tops even then.

Yep I agree.if we aren’t going to take tickets for the first away game that’s the one I’d choose after the last time we played there
Trouble written all over it. Maybe both clubs realise this and agree with playing the game 1st. It's the clubs who decide the fixtures between them isn't it? Think UEFA only step in if there's no agreement.

Another free hit for us, given how low we are ranked in relative terms to all 3 opponents.

Will gain plenty of experience from playing these teams and again will serve to further restore our reputation and credibility on the European stage.

Who knows, could challenge for 2nd if we hit form

Probably the toughest group in the whole competition this year, could easily be mistaken for a CL group looking at the team names.

Must be first time in at least 8 years that Porto not in CL? Will be a tough one, even if they've gone backwards a bit squad wise.

The other 2 both 50/50 ties so every chance imo. Pity wee Gio not in charge at Feyenoord any more, would have been nice to see him back at Ibrox even if my memories of their fans from 2002 are being complete animals.

Oh, and in alm honesty, I think the scum will have enough about them to qualify. No chance against Lazio but unlikely for lightning to strike twice against Cluj and Rennes probably bearable. Goes without saying that I'd love them to get pumped every game but can't really see it.

first time since they won the competition in 2004 that they haven't been in the CL groups, 2003 obviously being the UEFA Cup win against the scum

it's tough but I think the group is definitely one we can qualify from. We do need at least 7/9pts at Ibrox though

Back