UEFA Europa League Draw - Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord

At least we've got a good footballing group.

As per the one banana skin in young boys...not much knowledge of their play.

Bonus points for not having to be at the hands or batons of the Spanish plod

Meh, tough group but some great ties. Right good test for us and not too much travel. We can take points off all of them, but at the same time we could lose a few of them.

Young Boys are a good side.

Romped the Swiss League and beat Juve in the CL group stages.

Plastic pitch too.

Feyenoord were the worst fans I've ever seen at Ibrox and there was fighting all over the place. If I remember correctly they tried to charge into the Govan.
I rember at the last game just getting out of the train in the subway, about 3 or 4 feyenoord fans got out of another carriage and the biggest of them shouting "who wants to fight", no takers but could of been carnage. And trouble after it at subway queues.

Scum got the lowest ranked from pot 1, equal lowest from pot 4 and 3rd lowest from pot 3 - they got the easiest group

Just noticed that Rennes are in fine form and top the French League that is with only 3 games played but they have 9 points. They beat PSG 2 v 1 a couple of weeks ago.

I only mention the mhanks because it would be tremendous if we qualified for KO stage and they were knocked out in the Groups.

Scumbags home and away.

A good mate of mine had lived and worked in Rotterdam for a spell as an electrical engineer and he arranged to meet a Feyenoord fan pal of his in Glasgow for a quick beer in the afternoon of the home leg.

I went with him thinking why not? and we then met this very dodgy looking bastard in a pub that became The Cheque Centre under the Heilan'man's Umbrella at the entrance to Glasgow Central Low Level. Sure it was that pub at the time.

It was full of utter looneys. If you looked up the pictionary for European football hooligans in a bar, this is what you would see.

I am saying to my mate, 'What the fcuk are we doing in here with this shower of bams?' He says, 'I know sorry about this. The big guy was a gentleman and a great friend at work when I first went over but he admits that when he gets together with his fitba pals the whole thing changes him and makes him a bit mental!'.

The average Feyenoord supporter looked like Clunk from the Goonies but maybe less handsome. That night they then stormed the Govan Front taking on as many pensioners, womean and kids they could find.

An utterly loathesome bunch. I honestly would not give them any tickets for Ibrox and I would show their horrible club the scenes from last time as the reason why.

If we had behaved like that we would still be serving the Uefa ban.

Cnuts.

I sat in the Feyenoord end that night myself. Wasn't an experience i want to repeat

At least we've got a good footballing group.

As per the one banana skin in young boys...not much knowledge of their play.

Bonus points for not having to be at the hands or batons of the Spanish plod

Young Boys have been Swiss champions for the last two years.

A pity that old Strasbear no longer frequents this parish. I think he moved to Switzerland and followed the league closely.

I was in Feyenoord last time. Horrible bastards , actually seen one of their fans waving a meat cleaver about outside the ground just a few feet from where we were herded....

Terrible it was.....

Scumbags home and away.

A good mate of mine had lived and worked in Rotterdam for a spell as an electrical engineer and he arranged to meet a Feyenoord fan pal of his in Glasgow for a quick beer in the afternoon of the home leg.

I went with him thinking why not? and we then met this very dodgy looking bastard in a pub that became The Cheque Centre under the Heilan'man's Umbrella at the entrance to Glasgow Central Low Level. Sure it was that pub at the time.

It was full of utter looneys. If you looked up the pictionary for European football hooligans in a bar, this is what you would see.

I am saying to my mate, 'What the fcuk are we doing in here with this shower of bams?' He says, 'I know sorry about this. The big guy was a gentleman and a great friend at work when I first went over but he admits that when he gets together with his fitba pals the whole thing changes him and makes him a bit mental!'.

The average Feyenoord supporter looked like Clunk from the Goonies but maybe less handsome. That night they then stormed the Govan Front taking on as many pensioners, womean and kids they could find.

An utterly loathesome bunch. I honestly would not give them any tickets for Ibrox and I would show their horrible club the scenes from last time as the reason why.

If we had behaved like that we would still be serving the Uefa ban.

Cnuts.

They were bang out of order that night at Ibrox. I watched from my seat in the family section as they hit anybody in their path in the Govan Front. Our stewarding was shown up to be totally inadequate that night, a wee banner and a few stewards to keep back a notorious bunch of hooligans.

Might sound like a stupid question but is it definetly the first game or could the club turn round and say because of the last time we’re no taking feyenoord tickets even if this wasn’t the first game.

I suppose the Scottish Media will be rolling out 'Van Hoodonkey' for the Feyenoord games.

We should roll out 'The Goalie' with his 'Smell The Glove" saying!

Happy with that. It’s a tough group, but we shouldn’t be fearing teams. The only way we’ll continue to improve is to keep playing better teams.

Bring them on.

Young Boys (CH) will play Glasgow ....

10477420-portrait-of-a-frightened-boy.jpg

Rangers
16578425-portrait-of-happy-boy-showing-thumbs-up-gesture-isolated-over-white-background.jpg

Shouldn't be too long now until we know dates and times so we can get travel arrangements sorted

Anyone gets the chance to go to Porto I’d say go for it. Beautiful city and one of the best grounds I’ve been in.
Feyenoord on the other hand, I’d never go back there, worst fans I’ve experienced by miles, and I was in Istanbul both times.

Back