Your first game against them

November 2000 5-1 to us. Tore Andre Flo’s debut. I wish they were all like that one! Was also my last one.

2-0 defeat v Celtic
With my dad
Was Either Late 80’s, or very early 90’s.
I was Born in 84
It wasn’t at Ibrox, it was either parkhead or Hamden. I don’t remember anything about the match, as in they days it was all standing, so a 6/7 yr old ain’t seeing much apart from when being yp & down from ur dads shoulders.

Anyone know which particular game I’m possibly talking about ?

First was 2-2 1987, Been going to games since late seventies but Da would never take me to old firm games until I got a season book - 2 nil down and down to 9 men and told I would nae be coming back ☹️ Then up popped Gough and McCoist to save the day and get me a reprieve

Of many many games I have been to against them and European opposition there are two games that really stand out to me.

That one because when that equaliser went in it wasn't a draw it was a moral victory and the stadium erupted literally so intensely it felt as though an earthquake was occuring.

The other one the same way was against Dynamo Kiev at Ibrox in 1987 with us winning 2-0 and again the atmosphere was one you couldn't describe with words; it was sensory.

First was 2-2 1987, Been going to games since late seventies but Da would never take me to old firm games until I got a season book - 2 nil down and down to 9 men and told I would nae be coming back ☹️ Then up popped Gough and McCoist to save the day and get me a reprieve

Don't remember my first game against them, but that was my first game against them as a ST holder.

Was a proud moment.

2-1 game at Parkhead in 1998.

McCoist last ever goal and Albertz wonder goal.

Scottish cup semi final 50/50 split.

I sat in their main stand as a 16 year old on my own.

My dad got me a ticket the day before as a surprise.

I didn’t think I could go myself as I had never been to a game alone before. Got a taxi to the supporters bus, got looked after by some older bears and the rest is history.

Mind my mum absolutely raging I went alone and my dad just kind of laughing about it.

He was brought up in Belfast during the troubles and knew I’d be fine :D

Still don’t think I would send my 16 year old to the game on their own today though :D

This day for me early 96/97 season for 9 in a row.
Was mines as well.

Had seasons in the newly constructed Govan West Corner - where of course the away fans now go - so we were within spitting distance of the bheasts.

We seemed to have been about the earliest into the ground that day, my dad eager to get in and settled early. Was an eye opener in terms of how it went from a vast and calm sea of blue seats at 1 o’clock to a seething cauldron of noise, colour and sheer hatred by 3 o’clock.... our wee corner in particular was the interface area! People came into their seats as normal humans and lost their shit in a number of ways as they goaded the enemy and cheered on the Bears.

Which incidentally the way it should be still. Not a FARE observer or NBM rent a quote gobshite in sight to claim faux offence over anything. Just both sets of fans out supporting their teams to the hilt and winding up their rivals in the process. It’s 23 years ago now, which is scary as it is still a day fresh in my mind, and obviously the world has changed in many ways but our hatred for that lot should never be diminished regardless of what the PC brigade would have us convert into

Comes up every time we play them LOL

I wasn’t allowed to go until I was nearly 15, so my first was the DJ League Cup Final in 1970 when we won 1-0.

From memory of previous threads it was a game that was the first for many on FollowFollow.
Me too.My Dad took me to all the games except against the vermin.Would stomp up the stair bubblin.

1983 that fanny charlie ridiculous scored.We were in the Govan front not far from those cun*s with my dad and was greetin with rage.My dad told me don’t let those (word we’ve not to use) bastards see you crying get your head up.I was 12 by the way.

4-0 March 2000. Wasn’t allowed to wear Rangers colours. Wore an Inter Milan top instead. Was in the Copland right in line with Geo’s curler.

First ever - 1986 Skol Cup final
First at Ibrox - March 1987 (lost 2-1)
First at the Piggery - November 1992 (won 1-0)

Mine’s was a Glasgow cup final at Hampden in 1970. They won 3-1 with some nonentity called Jimmy Quinn scoring a hat trick in front of 58,000.

New years day 1987. 2:0 to us. Was in the Copland with my dad. Was a really cold, sleety day and Souness absolutely bossed the midfield. Always remember a guy ran onto the pitch at half time wearing a gold stripey shirt as well for some reason.

First game as a season ticket holder.The roar that went up when Gough scored was scary.

Myself and my brother couldn't get single tickets for the game, but could get season tickets......
3rd row from the front of the Copland, brown section, Premier club the following year if I remember correctly (under 18 was still child prices back then for Govan rear :)))

Lost 2-1 at thier dump, Hately scored for us, the league was sewn up already so we were still giving it big licks. Still a bummer losing tho

Myself and my brother couldn't get single tickets for the game, but could get season tickets......
3rd row from the front of the Copland, brown section, Premier club the following year if I remember correctly (under 18 was still child prices back then for Govan rear :)))

Just wanted to say hello mate.

Been a long time since well that long time.:cool:

1983 @ their hovel - Ally scored in 1st couple of mins, they came came back and won it late on with that tramp mcgarvie scoring.

1-0 in 1993. Trevor Steven winner - also had a legitimate goal chopped off too. In west enclosure in line with the header.

March 1980
Lost 1-0 at parkhead to a late mcgarvey goal

A guy at uni got me a ticket for this game.....sitting with him in their main stand. Before they scored, we had the ball in the net and I blew my cover. Bitter old bastards around me cemented my hatred for them.

The 1973 Scottish Cup Final.

Tam Forsyth's spectacular winner and the greatest save ever by John Greig :))

Back