Your first game against them

The game Lambert lost his teeth was mine, in the club deck towards the broomloan so had a pretty decent view of it all.

2002, 3-2 victory .

Big Amo, De Boer and Mols with the goals after we had went behind after about 15 seconds !

Had been to many games over the years beforehand , but my mum had always stopped my dad ever taking me to one against them. At 15 finally managed to make it

Myself and my brother couldn't get single tickets for the game, but could get season tickets......
3rd row from the front of the Copland, brown section, Premier club the following year if I remember correctly (under 18 was still child prices back then for Govan rear :)))
I was in Copland Rear Red section with the old boy.Even he was giving it the message when Robert's was conducting the Copland. lol

1-0 orjan persson 1967 sitting next to kai Johansen,s family & right behind Davie provans wife & brother, big davie had a leg break that day courtesy of that jump the Dyke prick Bertie auld

My first Old Firm game was a 2-1 defeat at Parkhead.

McCoist first as well if i remember correctly and he scored within 30 seconds and the Old Rangers end at the piggery went wild

Rangers 4 celtic 4. I was 10 in April 1986.

I thought they were all going to be like that!

2-0 charlie adam put the freekick under the wall. Boyd scored his first goal against them aswell

Earliest memory of a game v them is the 3-3 game at Ibrox in 1995.
Taking my old man to his first Old Firm tomorrow!
Hasn’t made it to many games over the years due to caring for my mum but he’s buzzing.

Can't remember my first game v them! Remember taking my youngest brother to his! Beat them 3-0 in 2007, two from Nacho and one for Ferguson.

A similar score tomorrow would do just fine
My first game aswell. Remember leaving thinking that was the best atmosphere I have heard

Late 80s at the piggery. New year game when we beat them away at new year for the first time in more 20 years if memory serves me right.

Me too.My Dad took me to all the games except against the vermin.Would stomp up the stair bubblin.
Same with me. Was not allowed to go till that final. I was 12 at the time. Dad took me over early. Got a place on north enclosure above the tunnel on to the terrace right in line with with 6 yard line where DJ headed the winner

First of many although living in Yorkshire for 22 years it’s mow tv for me

Rangers 4-2 win in November 1999.

Johansson put us 1-0 up, Berkovic equalised before an Amoruso brainfart allowed Viduka in, Berkovic scored the rebound and ran about like a chicken, Lambert chopped Albertz in the box and ended up with a broken jaw and several teeth strewn about the park before Albertz put the penalty away.

Second half big Amo atoned for his earlier mistook and buried a long range free kick then Amato sealed the win with a beautiful finish from an acute angle running away from the goal and fired arrows of love into the crowd in his famous celebration.

2011 year I became a season ticket holder rangers 4 poets 2 the prick Naismith got 2 lafferty got 1 and jelavic also scored

Can't mind the year but at Porkheed in the jungle. McCoist scored the winner after Hurlock pole axed Chris Morris I think it was who cares was funny

A 0-1 defeat at Ibrox in McLeish’s final season. Roy Keane played for them. We were terrible.

Edit: just check my own ‘record’ against them. Won 6, lost 9, drawn 3 (including the 2016 semi as a draw :( )

Last edited:
mines was at the tattie bowl,was taken along by my big brother and brother in law,they had spare ticket but was in their end. I was about 15 at the time, we won 4-2 if I recall, sure it was last game on new year's day too till TV changed it all. got back to car and my brother in law said you'll be happy ya orange bastard eh lol. brilliant. I'm sure the prick wanted me along to try turn me or something,not a fucking chance,born a ranger! fair play to the lady's front bottom,he got me another ticket years later for Ibrox from something through his work. we won that too!

I must've been about 5 and it was the 3-0 game in 2007 Novo scored one and a penalty and barry got a goal too don't remember too much just remember folk kept lifting me up and some guy put me on his shoulders doing the bouncy

September 1972.

After years of my dad telling me about this mythical atmosphere, he finally took me to one when I was fifteen. Their home league game, but played at Hampden because they were building their new main stand, the cantilever effort that has to be held up when there isn’t a game on.
We were in Section H of the Rangers End, the crowd was 50,000 but that didn’t even half fill Hampden back then and the atmosphere was very disappointing after the build up I had for all those years. I think this game was the first ever 12 noon kickoff so it felt surreal for everyone there. The game was even worse, they cruised into a 3-0 lead, and I’m sure some them even sarcastically cheered when John Greig got one back in the last minute.
My first one at Ibrox was the return fixture, the New Year game with a crowd of 72,000 and a last minute 2-1 win for us, and I finally experienced the real atmosphere.

1-0 1986 with Durrant slotting it home after Davie Cooper tangled up Aitken .
Copland Rear Orange section.
Also had the pleasure of seeing the twirling scarves start at the tunnel in the EE and work their way around to the far end of the Govan, The Blue Sea of Ibrox in full flow, Archie MacPherson described it on the telly as "the crowd have taken over". Think it was the first ever league game to be shown live on tv.

Can't remember my first game v them! Remember taking my youngest brother to his! Beat them 3-0 in 2007, two from Nacho and one for Ferguson.

A similar score tomorrow would do just fine
15th sep 1990 at Ibrox 1-1. Hurlock scored . I’m fortunate to have seen many victories over them , seen us winning trebles , but for me the Warburton cup semi was an amazing day

mines was at the tattie bowl,was taken along by my big brother and brother in law,they had spare ticket but was in their end. I was about 15 at the time, we won 4-2 if I recall, sure it was last game on new year's day too till TV changed it all. got back to car and my brother in law said you'll be happy ya orange bastard eh lol. brilliant. I'm sure the prick wanted me along to try turn me or something,not a fucking chance,born a ranger! fair play to the lady's front bottom,he got me another ticket years later for Ibrox from something through his work. we won that too!
January 1, 1994 - Celtic 2 Rangers 4
The last Old Firm match to be played on New Year's Day, and for good reason.

Celtic were flying high, having lost just once up to that point, while Rangers were ravaged by injuries. The Parkhead faithful were in confident mood, but the visitors went 2-0 up within three minutes. When Alexei Mikhailichenko added his second and his side's third just before the half-hour tensions began to spill over.

A pitch invader had to be tackled by police, stewards and the Rangers defence to stop him getting at goalkeeper Ally Maxwell, while the increasingly unpopular Celtic board had objects thrown at them.

John Collins scored for the home side early in the second half, but Oleg Kuznetsov killed off any hopes of a comeback before Charlie Nicholas got a late consolation.

Due to the unrest seen during this game, the sides haven't met on January 1 again.

3-3 game with Davie Robertson's wrongly disallowed goal. 1994 i think.

Edit: a quick google tells me '95.

Last edited:
Back