Lack of quality up front

We need Kent signed tomorrow. We’re also lacking a number 10. I thought Stewart could be this player but doesn’t look like it. Also we need to either persist with Barisic at left back or sign a new left back. Flanagan is great defensively but we need better going forward.

I've backed Ojo so far but today he was embarrassing. Looks worse than Kent and if he keeps that up we should be thinking of sending him back

Ojo looked good against part timers in the europa League but he's been honking since. Definite downgrade on Kent.

Kent would be a bonus no doubt about it. But he is not here...so we must go with what we have ..Aribo was very poor, a man short

Not something I like to say as it's still early and he's young, but Ojo looks garbage. Nowhere near the level of Kent.

Ojo looked good against part timers in the europa League but he's been honking since. Definite downgrade on Kent.
The guys a show pony. Was absolute shite and has been actually since the st Joseph’s game. How he gets on ahead of jones bamboozles me. Hopefully Gerrard doesn’t get the blinkers on again the same way he did with worrall last season.

We haven’t improved our starting eleven from last season. That’s basically the bottom line.

Not something I like to say as it's still early and he's young, but Ojo looks garbage. Nowhere near the level of Kent.
Ejaria 2.0

Show initial promise, then just get worse and worse. He has the pace to beat his man and he's not a small lad but he just settles for his brutal crosses that are lucky if they get passed the first man

I think everyone will agree we need the likes of a kent in the team.however today wasnt just about the lack of quality upfront..it was a lack of quality from middle to front! No movement what so ever and to be frank,if you cant pass a ball 15 yards ther aint much hope!..barr davis effort in midfield i cant see any positives watsoever today!

Gerrard has spectacularly failed to address the striking position since becoming manager.

I’m not having a go at Defoe but the lads 36 now asking him to play at that level and in Europe is daft, he’ll get you goals against the average SPFL team but not at a higher level.

Near £6m spent on Helander, Grezda and Barisic is ridiculous when that money could have been used to greater effect elsewhere.

Ojo certainly hasn’t come across as the player SG says he is. Aribo was very poor today also, but playing him out of position doesn’t help.

The whole team were poor today, they certainly couldn’t cope with the pace and how quickly they were being closed down. Hopefully a lesson learnt for the rest of the campaign.

We never seem to get it right when we are breaking. Always the wrong pass or under hit or over hit pass. Look at the difference in there 2nd goal. We couldn’t have done that.

Kent (Loan with option to but)
Gojak (£4m)
Ibe (Loan)
Bolasie (Loan)
Any of these 2 would be good deals tomorrow but sadly i think that's us this window.

I'll repeat what I said last week, we have nothing out wide. I wasn't Candeias' biggest fan, but have we replaced him with better; have we better than Kent either? Those who criticised the signings back in May/June were told, including by me, "it's early days"; we'll here we are, and that is our best squad playing there today. We had nothing of creativity out wide.

We have spent about 5 million or so for another load of players.
We only started 1 new player and got the same result the rest of the team have been giving us when it comes to big domestic games.
They shat the bed once again.

We won’t be signing Kent as the board don’t have the money to afford him.

We haven’t improved the forward line from last season. If anything it’s regressed. Ojo and Jones aren’t an upgrade on Candeias and Kent.

Spending £3.5M on a centre half when the wide areas were obviously needing improved just seems madness to me.
It's not wide areas need improvement
We need a centre forward

Gerrard said he wanted 3/4 players of quality sure as fuk don't look like we have did that

Still early days but there are already quite a few players we have brought in that are not contributing anything.

We went for numbers when we needed quality

I still don't understand the Aribo start, for the 1st half we had no pace whatsoever, we should had have been peppering their back line something rotten knowing they had a make shift defence, surely it made sense to start Jones since he's similar to Kent and drives at players.

When teams sit in...

Poland away - 0 goals
Legia home - last minute out of nowhere
Kilmarnock - 2 from corners
St Mirren - direct free kick
poets - 0 goals

We've got the same problem as last season but it's maybe got worse

We haven’t improved the forward line from last season. If anything it’s regressed. Ojo and Jones aren’t an upgrade on Candeias and Kent.

Spending £3.5M on a centre half when the wide areas were obviously needing improved just seems madness to me.
When you don’t play your best player let alone best striker against your closest rivals then you will be short up front

Reactions: TPP
Be serious the players have done well this season they would pick this game to have a bad game,the first goal is always important in this game a Goldson handed it to them and our passing without players being under pressure was so unlike us,to many players expecting things to happen instead off making them happen.

We didn’t lay a glove on their stinking defence,

Embarrassing

Exactly.

There for the taking as Cluj proved a couple of weeks ago with a wee bit of invention in the final third. Despite a good start to the season today proves we are still way way short in this department.

we needed both and more

we're still toiling form pedro's baggage and will be for some time

we've got about 15 players who need gotten rid of and those resources need deployed on absolute quality

not third rate loanees

It's not wide areas need improvement
We need a centre forward

Folk keep saying we need a striker, we have Morelos.

Bigger and better sides than us have real problems signing good strikers who are happy to sit on a bench and not play every week. We have plenty of goals between Morelos and Defoe but there simply isn't enough goals in the central area or from the 2 wide in the front 3.

Our recruitment is looking questionable given the manager doesn't seem to rate the players he signed high enough to start games.

Back