Get used to it

Northampton_Loyalist

Other than a couple of brief flashes in the latter stages, Livi spent 90 minutes in their own half, and most of that in their first third. Home this season will see every game bar the odd one play out exactly the same.

It is going to be a long and frustrating time, teams will show nothing in the way of attacking intent and we will be forced into watching some absolute shite.

We can only hope we get better at cutting teams open surgically as the season goes on.

Agree I watched today and at one point the centre halves could waltz up to ten yards inside livis half completely unchallenged

You're right, and it's absolutely torture to watch.... But we have to be able to break down shitey teams like Livingston. We should be far better than them. Absolutely no excuses.

Was saying to my mate during the game, I don't remember teams coming to Ibrox and playing like that when we were younger (90s).... Every team used to come and at least have a go. Doesn't happen anymore. Maybe I'm wrong there?

I think most of the fans are used to it, and expect it, I just worry the team aren't. Until Livingston scored we didn't seem to have many ideas, and while we were well worth the win in the end it's still a bit worrying.

No doom or gloom here, and I think we'll win more of these type of game than last year, but it would be nice to see a change in tactics/style to make the wins a bit more routine than we have been.

You're right, and it's absolutely torture to watch.... But we have to be able to break down shitey teams like Livingston. We should be far better than them. Absolutely no excuses.

Was saying to my mate during the game, I don't remember teams coming to Ibrox and playing like that when we were younger (90s).... Every team used to come and at least have a go. Doesn't happen anymore. Maybe I'm wrong there?
They've always done it Motherwell were one of the worst back then.

Do these shite teams play like this against the mhanks? Genuine question as I cant bring myself to watch them

Other than a couple of brief flashes in the latter stages, Livi spent 90 minutes in their own half, and most of that in their first third. Home this season will see every game bar the odd one play out exactly the same.

It is going to be a long and frustrating time, teams will show nothing in the way of attacking intent and we will be forced into watching some absolute shite.

We can only hope we get better at cutting teams open surgically as the season goes on.
As it was a fortnight ago with the filth. Sadly they were even more organised and we applied less pressure to them and they also were more devastating on the counter than Livi and could have scored 3 or 4 despite not setting out to play the game in our half.

I thought we broke Livi down well today in terms of creating chances, but not clinical enough. Livi are one of the better organised teams in the league. A wee bit of bad luck from Arfield who had a couple of good efforts from distance, if either had went in then the outlook from today would have been completely different.

Don't really agree that Livi just played with 10 behind the ball the entire game, 2nd half they had a proper go at us.

In a way they signed their own death warrant. My biggest fear after their goal was that they'd keep doing their 10 men behind the ball game, but they came out a bit and it let us in. It made it nervy as fck as they had a few chances to really put us under pressure, but in a way I'm glad they did have a go.

I disagree to be honest, first half was a slog, 2nd half Livi more than held their own, they could have scored 2 or 3 easily.

Thankfully we got the points but it wasn’t a complete backs to the wall display from Livingston with little up top, far from it.

They've always done it Motherwell were one of the worst back then.
I remember when Tommy McLean was their manager and done this every game against us at home' we usually beat them with a late goal remember super ally done it in the last minute ' murder to watch

We've had games like that at Ibrox since the 80's never mind the 90's.

It started in Graeme Souness' first season although it's worse now with the advances in fitness and sophisticated defensive tactics.

We contribute as well to shite games like this.. We were rotten today. BUT big 3 points. We will play much better and drop points.

Yip, remember a game were we scored in the last minutes and the ball never even hit the back of the net, trundled over the line.
That was a terrible game that day. The best part of the day was McCoist scoring and an old drunk guy running up the steps in the EE and launching himself at myself and a mate flattening both of us and a copper trying to pick him up but can't for laughing.

Not the way I remember it mate. It was dreadful at times but you just have to find a way to win, like we did today

McLean’s Motherwell and his brother’s lot were the most defensive sides in the league for a while.
Nobody though came with the blanket defence that teams play these days.
Yes, we’ve got to break them down.
Generally, we will but, it’s turgid to watch.

We created 2 or 3 clear chances in the first half, not taking them just heaps the pressure on us.

We’re a decent team. We could be better, obviously, but a clinical edge to our play would go a long long way this season.

Motherwell under Tommy McLean

We seem so slow starters . There was no urgency from the start. The only game I have seen it is against Hibs and they came to play football. We are going to need some of the midfield to go beyond the forwards if we are going to break down these defences more easily. None of the midfield seem to do it. I also can't see any of our wide players getting 10 goals so it going to test on Alfie and Defoe.

Get used to it?

It's only been going on for the best part of 12 months. We know how the opposition will play against us yet it's the same struggles time and time again.

You get ripped on here for mentioning the concerns yet they continue to happen.

Our defence is appalling. There isn't the right balance in our midfield. Our tempo is too pedestrian, when we don't take early chances we become complacent, move the ball too slow, resort to punts (aimless) from the back and become slack.

Our top players out with Morelos just are not producing the goods, a few undroppables in there (Goldson and Arfield). We haven't addressed areas of weakness with the right quality and the constant chopping and changing does no one favours.

Tough away game next week against a side who will play the same way as Kilmarnock, Livingston and St. Mirren.

The way teams play against us is nothing new.

In saying that, when Livi did get forward our defending was the concerning thing. Katic - for all the praise he gets can be terrible at marking at times, lost his man countless times today.

Been used to it for decades.

Totally agree and how we as fans react to this will have a HUGE bearing on how the league progresses. Was totally shocked at the booing at half-time, didn’t have much cutting edge but we were clearly dominant. The last thing the players need is that type of confidence busting attitude! It’s not the players fault that Livie were camped out like a Tommy McLean Motherwell side of the 90s!

Guy behind me is like “Brandon Barker’s fucking shite”...first minutes for the club and he’s been tagged already!

As a support we need to wake up and do what we’re supposed to do...”support”!

Everyone has latched onto killie’s tactics of having everyone within 35 yards of their goal. And we wonder why Scottish football is in the toilet? Outside the old firm nobody plays any.

They will do the same in the cup, play for 90 mins looking for penalties or a penalty like today.

We are too fuukin slow in the build up play, fuuk about too much at the back and ain't thorough enough when we get a chance in their area.

Same as last season, we need to play the ball from back to front faster as we don't make any impact on the opposition.

going to be a long hard season against most teams at Ibrox when they are parking the bus but its up to Mr Gerrard and his backroom staff to find away amd start slaughtering diddy teams, two up front would be a good start, it is Ibrox and teams should be petrified of coming here

Their keeper was time wasting at 3-1.......
This sums up these type of teams. I said exactly the same to my mate today, If the played the way they play against us in every game I wouldn't mind so much but they don't so I do mind. Cunts

Back