Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Turgid shite. No urgency. When does it click with them to move the ball quicker against shite opposition?

Strange to watch the desire Thursday nights yet domestic games, we don't come close to replicating it. It's like they are all hiding behind each other a no one wanting the ball. Distribution from the back is real concerning, Edmundson offers so much more there

We are very good in games where teams try to play football and we can press and play with tempo.

As yet we have not found the formula for these sort of games where teams sit in, we very rarely win these games comfortably.

We need to significantly raise our game second half

First 15 minutes was fine, pretty poor since.

All our Away games in the league so far have been similar in terms of performance, average overall but getting the 3 points. If we keep playing poorly eventually points get dropped, must raise it in the 2nd half or that’s exactly what will be happening today. Going 5 points behind already might not be fatal but it will certainly bulldoze our confidence that we can win it. Simply must win this game, no other option.

We are struggling in every single league game now. It's simply can't go on like this. We need to get ideas and start creating chances. I get that 1 nil in games you are struggling in is the mark of a champions etc etc. But skelping poor sides by a few goals is another mark of champions.

Goldson is rotten with the ball and every team knows it. The midfield need to be taking the ball off him short and getting it through the lines quickly.

This is turgid shite.

Tav has not been the same player for the majority of the season so far, very concerning. It can't just be that Candeias is gone.

He's needed a rest but I'd look at Arfield on for Aribo soon.

aribo needs dropped. he offers us nothing in games ive seen this season. I thought he was a box to box player ffs.
He's the only one of our midfield 3 who looks like he wants to cross the halfway line, hard to do anything when you either have to put it out wide or do it all by yourself through the middle

As poor a first half as Thursdays was brilliant.

Without writing them off ir saying they wont improve, Aribo and Barker just look too lightweight and ineffective in games like this. Maybe time for Greig Stewart to step up?

Lack of genuine quality in the final third is killing us.

This Rangers team won't be challenging for the title anytime soon.

Shocking first half. Need to change something, get Defoe on with Morelos. I haven't seen anything from Barker that suggests he is better than Hastie or Middleton.
Despite my rather optimistic prediction about Barker having a stormer I have to agree with the above, especially Hastie who was on fire at the end of last season and seems to be carrying it on down south.

Another piss poor 1st half from Rangers.Again another rocket up the arse is required.

Yet another turgid away game, which is becoming the norm. We could've been a goal down but for McGregor and it's worrying. We have plenty of the ball but there's little going right in the final third. There needs to be some serious arse kicking in the dressing room because this isn't good enough so far.
We could’ve also been 2 up if Morelos had played one of his 3 team mates in or took his chance

Glass half full

Reactions: ao2
A proper meh first half, lack of urgency. St Johnstone are leaving Goldson with the ball and our midfield are not offering for short passes or if they are they are marked up. Early goal second half calm the nerves and a solid 2-0 win would be a good result today.

Despite my rather optimistic prediction about Barker having a stormer I have to agree with the above, especially Hastie who was on fire at the end of last season and seems to be carrying it on down south.

Barker looks miles off it-scored a good goal last week but in general play even then he looked miles off it.

Not good enough rangers,need to up the pace second half couple of subs will come on as the second half goes on,we are carrying 2-3players , that need to get into the game.

Ojo, Barker and Aribo need to be showing up for jack and davis more. Looked like Aribo took the huff and disappeared.

Can see King replacing Aribo soon at this rate.

Yep. Aribo looks well off the pace, soft and making wrong decisions.

Need to get Ojo on the ball more.

Dire first half Goldson getting it in the neck for slack long balls but there is no movement in front of him. Tav really struggling may be injured. Aribo dire really seems to struggle with the hammer throwers. Barker works hard but is not Kent. Ojo frustratingly floats in and out but offers a real threat. Alfie looking tired and frustrated which is never a good combo.

Back