We have a gem in George Edmundson

Laudrup11Cooper

I know this was his first league start today which I find quite surprising but... we really do!
So young but has such poise under pressure, (I know only Hamilton) but intelligent with the ball at his feet, has pace, can header well and ...he does everything simply.

Listened to his interview after the game and he is so level headed.Seems to even though he is not playing much enjoying being at the club, and learning so much from so many.
You get the feeling he doesn't go for the headlines and just does what is asked. And does it well!

I really look forward to seeing him in a more competitive environment, and would be happy to see him more in central defence going forward.:))

I hate comparing players but I have to admit I can see why Ross McCrorie was sent out on loan now.

Edmundson is just so much more solid defensively without really having to ever dive in, and has a bit more composure and a better range of passing too. Realistically McCrorie isn't or shouldn't be getting in ahead of him at either centre back or defensive mid for me.

He’s a defender that defends, he knows what his limitations are and he knows when to play the right pass, every time I’ve seen him he’s looked decent, I want to see the big man grow with Katic and become the centre half pairing for years to come.

I agree with the OP, I think we’ve a Gem here.

Remember thinking as I watched him v Progres back in July that the boy looks like a player. Has waited for a chance and took it yesterday. Hopefully we see more of him as the season and future seasons progress. We are so much stronger in that area now than we have been for some years.

I know this was his first league start today which I find quite surprising but... we really do!
So young but has such poise under pressure, (I know only Hamilton) but intelligent with the ball at his feet, has pace, can header well and ...he does everything simply.

Listened to his interview after the game and he is so level headed.Seems to even though he is not playing much enjoying being at the club, and learning so much from so many.
You get the feeling he doesn't go for the headlines and just does what is asked. And does it well!

I really look forward to seeing him in a more competitive environment, and would be happy to see him more in central defence going forward.:))

Has by far the best distribution of our central defenders and is certainly the quickest.

In games like yesterday, when the opposition are defending deep, in numbers, he's ideal for shifting the ball quickly and accurately from defence.

Special mention for Goldson too.

The way he started and finished his goal was quality.

Already on 5 for the season.

Has by far the best distribution of our central defenders and is certainly the quickest.

In games like yesterday, when the opposition are defending deep, in numbers, he's ideal for shifting the ball quickly and accurately from defence.

He could be our top scorer given the free headers he’s put over the bar :D

Long term..... Edmundson and Katic with McCrorie in front of them.... That'll do nicely.

i would love that but i dont think mccroie is ever gonna hit the heights for us. a dont think he has the ability to become a 1st team player on regular basis. his passing will always let him down. hes not having a good time down south either.

It was hamilton who are pretty dam pish with no real firepower.

I'm saying that you can only play who's infront of you and he did look extremely composed.

Was thinking heading to work that Katic and Edmunson would be a decent pairing that would work well.

Cool, calm, and assured yesterday

His range of passing is crazy as well I don't think he missed his target once.

Excellent point about him keeping everything simple. Looks a real player and I think it is the relative reputation and experience of Goldson and Helander, and not relative performance levels which keeps him out of the team. He is being managed pretty well and seems to be happy, I think he will be a star for us without too much wait.

I remember hearing we signed this guy in his early 20s. Didnt pay much attention.

Then when he played his first game (Oxford I think) I didnt have a clue who this big guy was, bulky and could ping a pass 40 yards straight to teammate no problem.

Having this guy as our 4th choice CB is a great position to be in. He hasn't looked out of place or panicked once

The boy did all that was asked of him and did it well but let's not burden the lad with expectation.
I could've played CB for us yesterday (well maybe 10mins).

He reminds me of a young Harry Maguire.

He's an absolute unit but also very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Thought he was superb yesterday, but i couldve played in the back 4 yesterday....and i've never played since 1986

Including the one he mooches from barisic??

Was a good move and one I hope we repeat

There’s a strong case for starting Edmundson whenever we play the bottom 3/4 clubs.

Matches where the opposition will barely cross the half way line, it’s a good idea to have a centre half who can wip passes about quickly and at ease the way Edmundson does. Goldson should be his partner in games like these- as he proved yesterday.

At the end of the game for the last two games (obviously) he's walked right round the park and applauded our fans. I like the look of him as a player and that small gesture at the end of the game is a nice touch.

He's been up against a poor Aberdeen and Hamilton, so we'll see what happens if we throw him in against a European team. Very positive start!

He hasn’t put a foot wrong (including friendlies) looks like he will be a great signing.

I’ve been pleased with him so far.

But then you probably thought we had a gem in Koulibaly too, right ? We’re so guilty of hyping players up after a few games that I can’t help but think it ends up harming the players.

Spot on. It’s so strange but he’s our 4th choice centre back yet he looks like Pirlo compared to the other 3 when he is on the ball.

Been impressed with what I have seen of him. Good passer, quick, brave and reads the game well.

He also has that bit of swagger and can play a bit.

You could argue that he should have started a good few games more than he has as he has stood out more than the established pairings.

Back